Sardine (errr Safety) Briefing - have alternate options been discussed?

At least on Carnival - it's difficult to imagine a more closely packed group of people than that which occurs under the lifeboats during the safety briefing.

Given current concerns for people/groups/spacing, I wonder if there's been any discussion regarding this right of passage on day 1.

Tom

Might not have been carnival, but other cruiselines sailing are doing in cabin muster drills. I think there was also a way to view on your app to get signed off. I havent really done the carnival app tbh, just read it. Can anyone sign into their cruise yet? I read within 30 days can see menus. 

There was also talk of ordering off the app but that could have been rcl, idk i read both threads. 

Carnival hasnt resumed anywhere to see what they are doing but rcl has. They arent doing in person muster drills. I've read dont worry there will be paper menus if you cant figure out the app and ordering from codes. Also keyless cabin door enter from the app. Oh boy. As I said might be rcl app, but I dont see carnival having crowds at muster stations. Rcl on quantum out of singapore even closed the diamond lounge for drinks and added a extra drink and a extra coffee per day. 

Idk about carnival per se. Rcl will sail out of nassau in june and we will have more info closer to home. 

Are they going to issue water-proof masks for if we're all stuck in the lifeboats together?  Has anyone else wondered about how they announce "don't worry, the lifeboats are unsinkable even if filled with water"?  I mean if they're filled with water, even the unsinkable Molly Brown wouldn't survive?  And where do people "go" when they have to go, assuming it takes 24+ hours to be rescued?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I mean if they're filled with water, even the unsinkable Molly Brown wouldn't survive?  And where do people "go" when they have to go, assuming it takes 24+ hours to be rescued?

If the lifeboats are already filled with water, when people "go" it would just make the water a tad bit warmer, similar to the adult soup situation in the aft adult pool on the Conquest Class ships. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If the lifeboats are already filled with water, when people "go" it would just make the water a tad bit warmer, similar to the adult soup situation in the aft adult pool on the Conquest Class ships. 😉

Ewwwwwww!   🤢  As Tim the tool time's sidekick says: "I don't thinks so Tim". IIRC, the lifeboats have a rope attached to the outer hull so people can hang on if need be. They can go that way and not stink up the insides of the lifeboat. :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Ewwwwwww!   🤢  As Tim the tool time's sidekick says: "I don't thinks so Tim". IIRC, the lifeboats have a rope attached to the outer hull so people can hang on if need be. They can go that way and not stink up the insides of the lifeboat. :classic_laugh:

A certain percentage of Carnival clientele live up to the Walmart of the Seas mantra.....

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

And the circling sharks applaud in unison as we emerge, one-by-one... "ooohh, pee soup with fresh meat..."

The process will work if they initially limit the number of cruisers that assemble at one time. Same rules apply as to hand washing before you go, wear your mask or two and social distance.  This will cause more groups to have to assemble but we're on vacation and where are we going? We can't leave until the Captain pulls away from the dock. We have all day to get it done.   

6 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

😱😱😱😱😱

It's still all about safety and following the rules. We can wish and dream the Muster Drill away. This is not the Twilight Zone and we are not Billy who had the power to send things and people to a corn field when they disagreed with him. The Rule are The Rules.  

A Muster We Will Go!!! Even if it takes all Day!

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Are they going to issue water-proof masks for if we're all stuck in the lifeboats together?  Has anyone else wondered about how they announce "don't worry, the lifeboats are unsinkable even if filled with water"?  I mean if they're filled with water, even the unsinkable Molly Brown wouldn't survive?  And where do people "go" when they have to go, assuming it takes 24+ hours to be rescued?

pool-safety.ashx