Can I…….

We booked a cruise for last October.  When that was canceled we lifted and shifted to November 20, 2021 on Symphony ots.  A few months ago my oldest (24) decided he wanted to go so we added him - no problem.  Now my husband put in for time off and was denied.  He will not be able to go.  

Now for my question:  will I be able to remove him from the booking without penalty?  ( we originally booked non refundable). Will the money stay on the booking or will I have to take a fcc?  If I get an fcc can I turn around and put it on this booking?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just now, rs45thompson said:

Now for my question:  will I be able to remove him from the booking without penalty?  ( we originally booked non refundable). Will the money stay on the booking or will I have to take a fcc?  If I get an fcc can I turn around and put it on this booking?

You may need to provide a bit more detail like is he the third person on the booking. No need to rush the decision. 

Seems the "Cruise with Confidence" comes into play.  A FCC, only to be used by your husband, for a FUTURE cruise will be created by your husbands cancellation.  You may have to cancel everyone's cruise and rebook with just you and your son.  Give Royal a call and see what they say.

"...Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30th, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through July 31st, 2021, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

1 hour ago, HUNKY said:

Seems the "Cruise with Confidence" comes into play.  A FCC, only to be used by your husband, for a FUTURE cruise will be created by your husbands cancellation.  You may have to cancel everyone's cruise and rebook with just you and your son.  Give Royal a call and see what they say.

"...Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30th, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through July 31st, 2021, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

The price to rebook this cruise would be double the price now.  I would prefer not to do that.  

4 minutes ago, hancock said:

If you are still planning to take the cruise with your son, you can just take your DH off and make your son number 2.

This is what I was thinking about doing but had the above questions about it.

4 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Would you lose more money this way?

Depends on your definition of lose, you won't get his fare back. You will get taxes refunded. 

Edited by Biker19

8 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Would you lose more money this way?

His port fees and taxes would be refunded.

If you cancel him his FCC can only be used by him on another cruise.

Leave him a no show if the price is right.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

Need Ken to weigh in on this one - normally you can drop a third guest up til close to sailing and one of the names for the original booking can be replaced without charge.  But in this case this is a Lift and Shift that was already paid for last year.  Can you replace the second guest on a Lifted booking?

When you show up at the pier, to check in, make up an excuse

At the port, they will not go all the way back and see how it was paid, or by who.

They just want to get everyone onboard as fast as possible

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

When you show up at the pier, to check in, make up an excuse

At the port, they will not go all the way back and see how it was paid, or by who.

They just want to get everyone onboard as fast as possible

No excuse necessary...They don't ask or care...at the pier or once onboard.

We have sailed with no shows before...no problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeeW said:

Need Ken to weigh in on this one - normally you can drop a third guest up til close to sailing and one of the names for the original booking can be replaced without charge.    Can you replace the second guest on a Lifted booking?

There's no third person in this case. You can change names (with at least one original one remaining) on any kind of booking up to a day before sailing. 

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

Need Ken to weigh in on this one - normally you can drop a third guest up til close to sailing and one of the names for the original booking can be replaced without charge.  But in this case this is a Lift and Shift that was already paid for last year.  Can you replace the second guest on a Lifted booking?

Thanks.

Something seems odd to me with this booking.

They said it was a lift and shift.  Then they said they added their son.  With a true lift snd shift (price protected) you cannot add any guests to the reservation or it will be repriced. This makes me believe that they just moved their booking or there wasn’t really much of a price difference between the two years. 

You can drop a third guest and get them refunded up until the 200% penalty phase  BUT then Royal will want to move you to a category that holds 2 and reprice the reservation again.  Whether it’s guest 3 or 3 that is removed from the reservation doesn’t make a difference as long as there are 2 guests remaining.  

The only two ways to safely drop the third guest and get their money refunded is to 1. hope that all the double occupancy cabins get sold and then you could drop a guest, get them refunded and keep the triple occupancy cabin or 2. If Royal opens up the category that they are currently in to allow for a double occupancy booking. 

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They added their son after a lift and shift. Three guests. 

9 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

No he is second on the booking.

I took that as only two on the booking - I guess I misread it.

• Like 1

First of all,   Never do Non-Refundable bookings unless you are 1000% sure will be able to go.

Any cruise more than a few months out should never be Non Refundable.   

You never know what could happen in that time period...

Also don't book travel until you get approved time off from employer.

To fix your situation,   I would call RC or your travel agent...