June 1 Will this be the week to hear about July cancellations?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So is your OS paid in full all ready?, I have only Lift and Shifted once, but when ours was canceled it was before final payment, so we only have $500 down on the OS. Our only shift was shifted to September 2021 from September 2020

Our final payment is due like on June 16th.........I'm hoping we all know for sure by then if the sailing is a go or not..........Might end up having to pay the final payment.........just to have a chance of L&S to 2022.

Cruises start up end of July or August and there are more issues with Covid on ships, you can bet cruises will get shut down again, then the September 2021 cruise would get canceled by RCCL and then could shift to 2022 like you did.

Yes except for the difference in port and taxes.  We also have a 4 night cruise in July paid in full that I will shift when it gets cancelled.  That one is a bit under $700 (total for 2)  for a balcony.   Right now the price for 1 person for July 2022 is over $700

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes except for the difference in port and taxes.  We also have a 4 night cruise in July paid in full that I will shift when it gets cancelled.  That one is a bit under $700 (total for 2)  for a balcony.   Right now the price for 1 person for July 2022 is over $700

Yes, I'm trying to avoid paying that final $3300. Even if the cruise sails in Sept 2021 we are not going. Medical reasons, we rather take this Europe Cruise in 2022.

Would love to Shift it to 2022.........if we can't get the shift, it would just be FCC for us for $3800 to use by I think, the date it would have to used by is September 2022.........but we allready have 2 cruises booked in 2022 as it is..........I guess if push comes to shove maybe we just upgrade our cabin on one of the cruises to spend the $3800.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I'm trying to avoid paying that final $3300. Even if the cruise sails in Sept 2021 we are not going. Medical reasons, we rather take this Europe Cruise in 2022.

Would love to Shift it to 2022.........if we can't get the shift, it would just be FCC for us for $3800 to use by I think, the date it would have to used by is September 2022.........but we allready have 2 cruises booked in 2022 as it is..........I guess if push comes to shove maybe we just upgrade our cabin on one of the cruises to spend the $3800.

Since Lift & Shift as a Cruise With Confidence option ended on January 31, it has not been offered unless the cruise was canceled by RCG and that has been been after final payment due date with very few exceptions.

4 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

97BE177E-1708-462F-84C8-925EB0C10301.thumb.jpeg.9cea89e81b0e308c7e80ea324ee6b291.jpeg

Guess that means all of July on Allure will be canceled ? I was hoping they would do the test simulated sailings earlier in July - we are booked for July 25 on Allure out of Port Canaveral. 

1 minute ago, TLG40 said:

Guess that means all of July on Allure will be canceled ? I was hoping they would do the test simulated sailings earlier in July - we are booked for July 25 on Allure out of Port Canaveral. 

You would think that one will have to be cancelled given that they will be doing a test cruise on that ship two days after you are scheduled to sail. Unfortunately we're on the two Allure not sailing but not cancelled cruises right before yours.

• Like 1

Booked and paid in full Harmony of the Seas out of Rome on July 22nd 2021. Four of us traveling from the USA to Europe ( fully vaccinated ) is still a bit of a challenge. The AirBnB we booked pre-cruise already canceled on us and refunded our money. 
No airfare has been booked yet and the prices are steadily rising. 
Guess this is more of a rant then anything else. 
Royal Caribbean if you’re monitoring these boards how about giving cruises some definitive information! 

Rant over! 

27 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

97BE177E-1708-462F-84C8-925EB0C10301.thumb.jpeg.9cea89e81b0e308c7e80ea324ee6b291.jpeg

I have lost all faith in RCL!  They know most July cruises won't go, however they are playing games with their Loyal Customers by not announcing anything.  Unlike MSC, NCL, and others who are at least communicating with their customers, RCL remains silent, I'm kind of fed up with them.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I would like to hear the phone reps now still telling people that their July Allure and Symphony sailings will be sailing as scheduled😇

Of course they will, they just read the script on the screen in front of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

I have lost all faith in RCL!  They know most July cruises won't go, however they are playing games with their Loyal Customers by not announcing anything.  Unlike MSC, NCL, and others who are at least communicating with their customers, RCL remains silent, I'm kind of fed up with them.  

You are totally right.  We're on the supposed July 25-Aug 1 Allure and received zero notification from Royal that it's cancelled.  I'm so happy Bayley can say yippee.  Not feelin it!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

I just requested cancellation of my 17 JUL sailing (Cruise with Confidence).  Too much going on now.  Going to Costa Rica!!!

They may be hoping everyone does what you did.  No refunds to make.  Just FCCs.  It really is a shady approach.  

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

They may be hoping everyone does what you did.  No refunds to make.  Just FCCs.  It really is a shady approach.  

actually stop the presses...I wasn't thinking  clearly.  I was thinking CWC would allow refund or FCC.  SO I am staying put until they cancel..... hahhaa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLfuzzy said:

Does he really say things like "Yipee"  .....I'm losing faith with Royal Caribbean.

Who really is steering this ship?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Given that approach has been used for the past 15 months, most, likely figured it out by now.

I understand that.  But these circumstances seem just a bit different, especially after the "happy announcement" on test cruises.  Maybe Bayley should have exercised some common sense and held off on the FB post until obvious cancellations were made.  Just adds to the shady mystique.  JMO.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, captaincupcake64 said:

Booked and paid in full Harmony of the Seas out of Rome on July 22nd 2021. Four of us traveling from the USA to Europe ( fully vaccinated ) is still a bit of a challenge. The AirBnB we booked pre-cruise already canceled on us and refunded our money. 
No airfare has been booked yet and the prices are steadily rising. 
Guess this is more of a rant then anything else. 
Royal Caribbean if you’re monitoring these boards how about giving cruises some definitive information! 

Rant over! 

We are booked on same ship September 23rd, even if ship goes we aren't going. Will cancel 49 hours before sailing and pick up the FCC for what we paid.

If there is an issue on earlier Harmony cruises and later they decide to cancel our date, then hopefully we can Lift and Shift it to 2022.

Hope it's canceled by Royal so we can L&S

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We are booked on same ship September 23rd, even if ship goes we aren't going. Will cancel 49 hours before sailing and pick up the FCC for what we paid.

If there is an issue on earlier Harmony cruises and later they decide to cancel our date, then hopefully we can Lift and Shift it to 2022.

Hope it's canceled by Royal so we can L&S

Taking your reply literally, so in case a person does not realize the actually details if you are going to cancel using CWC, you need to do it a earlier than 49 hours.

The FAQ’s shows chart, for example you have a cruise set to sail on Monday, you must notify by midnight the previous Friday. People who did not read the details may think you have 48 hours from your saildate time say 4 pm Monday , thus thinking they have till 4pm the previous Saturday to use cancel with CWC which would be WRONG.

I understand your comment meaning you would wait almost as long as possible so Royal not able to resell your cabin. I am confident many people think 48 hours to cancel using CWC is really only 48hours and did not research the details.

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Taking your reply literally, so in case a person does not realize the actually details if you are going to cancel using CWC, you need to do it a earlier than 49 hours.

The FAQ’s shows chart, for example you have a cruise set to sail on Monday, you must notify by midnight the previous Friday. People who did not read the details may think you have 48 hours from your saildate time say 4 pm Monday , thus thinking they have till 4pm the previous Saturday to use cancel with CWC which would be WRONG.

I understand your comment meaning you would wait almost as long as possible so Royal not able to resell your cabin. I am confident many people think 48 hours to cancel using CWC is really only 48hours and did not research the details.

Yes, good point, I have seen that chart, This is it.

CRUISE WITH CONFIDENCE 48 HOUR NOTIFICATION WINDOW
IF YOU ARE SAILING ON… YOU NEED TO CALL US BEFORE…
Monday Midnight Friday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Tuesday Midnight Saturday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Wednesday Midnight Sunday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Thursday Midnight Monday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Friday Midnight Tuesday in the time zone your ship leaves from
Saturday Midnight Wednesday in the time zone your ship leaves from