Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal will not 'brand' their unvaccinated customers. I'm fairly certain of that

Not sure if they really will or won't, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "protocols" they want the un-vaccinated to follow are very draconian. My gut tells me they wanted to start vaccine required 12+ but decided they could not due to the FL law, so instead they will "allow" anyone, but un-vaccinated 12+ will have to jump thru so many hoops, they might just decide not to bother.

11 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Yea, I think we’re embarrassed because we averaged 10% of the total case count for the country over a 7 day period.  No sense in continuing to shine that light. 🙄

As has been illustrated for over a year and hard for some to understand unless propagating a position (if for example it is to make one state look bad), all of the largest states (and territories) will have the largest number of cases.

The RATE per 100,000 is one of the most responsible considerations and the CDC direct data the best source.

So, can you see Florida as #1 as inferred?

states.thumb.JPG.8edd0ae68f3b87674b85cdb22de66258.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Not sure if they really will or won't, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "protocols" they want the un-vaccinated to follow are very draconian. My gut tells me they wanted to start vaccine required 12+ but decided they could not due to the FL law, so instead they will "allow" anyone, but un-vaccinated 12+ will have to jump thru so many hoops, they might just decide not to bother.

I'm sure they will. 

I wonder how the 5% on Adventure will fare.

Guess we'll know Saturday, god willing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kearney said:

If you follow this thread long enough... you will see that it begins to circle back to the beginning and starts all over again.... we are back to Florida law...

I don't think we ever left it.

The posts that talk about the rules, laws, regulations, protocols, and how they relate to cruising, the experience we may have onboard, what to expect on a ship..those keep the thread going. We can talk about things like the law and how it related to cruising without getting all bent out of shape.

The posts where people just attack each other's views, throw data around around how deathly Covid is, how Covid is non-existent, get into politics about how everything should be locked down or nothing should be locked down, compare cruising to what is or is not happening on planes, trains, automobiles, concerts, restaurants...those are just noise.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

As has been illustrated for over a year and hard for some to understand unless propagating a position (if for example it is to make one state look bad), all of the largest states (and territories) will have the largest number of cases.

The RATE per 100,000 is one of the most responsible considerations and the CDC direct data the best source.

So, can you see Florida as #1 as inferred?

states.thumb.JPG.8edd0ae68f3b87674b85cdb22de66258.JPG

What??  Completely unrelated to what I said. But do go on.  

I wonder how many young children will actually be on the Nassau AOS sailings... If I were a parent with young children... I would be concerned about how I was going to keep them masked for a week. The kids will be looking around at adults and older kids who are maskless and wonder... why am I wearing this silly thing. I think if I were a parent and actually did decide to take the kiddos on this cruise... I would be poolside from sun up to sundown... at least there they can be maskless... bring the sunscreen...the gallon jug.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Not messed up at all.  I made a decision a few weeks ago that I no longer care about those who refuse to be vaccinated. I did my part and I followed all the protocols to protect others, including them.  No more.  If they don’t care about others, I no longer care about them.  Very liberating. 

Very kind of you to write off 40% of your fellow citizens.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

I wonder how many young children will actually be on the Nassau AOS sailings... If I were a parent with young children... I would be concerned about how I was going to keep them masked for a week. The kids will be looking around at adults and older kids who are maskless and wonder... why am I wearing this silly thing. I think if I were a parent and actually did decide to take the kiddos on this cruise... I would be poolside from sun up to sundown... at least there they can be maskless... bring the sunscreen...the gallon jug.🙂

Depends where they live and how used to masks they are. My kids wear masks all day in school and it's 2nd nature to them. We leave the grocery store and my son wears it in the car the whole way home because he just forgets to take it off. When I notice and tell him, he just shrugs his shoulders. Very easygoing.

I think it's the parents that get all bent out of shape, not the kids.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Very kind of you to write off 40% of your fellow citizens.  

Please!  Spare me the drama. I did my part while a lot of others did not, “writing off” a lot of their fellow citizens at the same time. And those still not doing their part deserve no consideration from me. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

What??  Completely unrelated to what I said. But do go on.  

No, not unrelated to what you said, which indicated Florida leads the nation in "number of cases" over the past 7-days.  I tried to enhance the understanding of "cases" that puts the correct emphasis on "number of cases per 100,000."

That way, comparisons are equitable to large states and small ones.  Of course the larger states will have more cases; which is not a fair and reasonable source for the assertion made.

That's what.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seem to be three basic areas of concern:

1) There are some vaccinated people who are concerned that they will get it from the unvaccinated

2) There are others who are concerned that an outbreak will shut down the cruise

3) And there is the group that is concerned that the addition of unvaccinated adults (in particular) will result in a cruising experience that is more limited than what many of us are experiencing in our day to day lives..and who wants to pay for that.

Personally I think that #1 is such an extremely low risk...that if you really are concerned..you should not cruise until much later...the stress alone will detract from the experience. Now regarding #2... I do not think that we are dealing with a March '20 situation. it appears that they have plans to isolate anyone who tests positive and will likely remove them from the ship...however this is not really clear and all of the cruise lines would do themselves a favor if they specially addressed this concern. Personally I am not concerned about an outbreak...but I would like to know the plan. Finally I suspect that the largest group are ones concerned about the impact of having nonvaccinated and vaccinated together...on the protocols... This frankly is my concern... now I am willing to put up with some hassle...but not a lot. So it would be a really good idea if the cruiselines were to put out protocols for these early cruises... However, given how this thread got started...there will be angry people...should they change these in a way that was more rigid. But it is frustrating not knowing what to expect. Who wants to pay big $ to get away and then have more rules than when you go to the local restaurant.... 

• Like 8

Wow quite the thread here, personally I don't blame RCI for making decisions to get their business back up and running. I would rather they take a strong pro-vaccine stance like NCL but practically speaking I'm not planning to book a cruise until at least 2022 and by that point things should be a lot clearer. I do feel bad for anyone planning to cruise this year with all the uncertainty regarding policies etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Depends where they live and how used to masks they are. My kids wear masks all day in school and it's 2nd nature to them. We leave the grocery store and my son wears it in the car the whole way home because he just forgets to take it off. When I notice and tell him, he just shrugs his shoulders. Very easygoing.

I don't have children... but I can't get my dog to do anything without a treat....so... I was wondering how this would work... glad to know you are a more successful parent than I am a dog owner. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries. Can we please get by this. I work in health care as a career. Get your information from credible sources. What I stated is fact. Not 1 documented case of a person who is vaccinated dying from covid. Please, dont listen to the tabloid news. Search out true science.You cant live your life in fear. Far greater risks in life that you take daily without thinking about it.

"Working in health care as a career" covers a lot of ground from CSR to brain surgeon. For you to say "If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries" indicates to me you are probably on the CSR end of the spectrum. A vaccinated person can still contract COVID, even if not as severely. Once I read "You cant live your life in fear" (the mating call of the uninformed) I knew you had nothing of reason or value to offer. It is exactly the kind of thinking you promulgate that prevents us from "getting by this."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

No, not unrelated to what you said, which indicated Florida leads the nation in "number of cases" over the past 7-days.  I tried to enhance the understanding of "cases" that puts the correct emphasis on "number of cases per 100,000."

That way, comparisons are equitable to large states and small ones.  Of course the larger states will have more cases; which is not a fair and reasonable source for the assertion made.

That's what.  

I did not say “leads the nation” in number of cases. Please read more carefully.  I said that Florida’s 7 day average cases were 10% of the nation’s 7 day average on the date I referenced.  And, if you followed my posts further on you would have seen my reference to the “per 100,000” measure as the most appropriate in response to another poster using “per 1,000,000”.  

Edited by harkinmr

15 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Please!  Spare me the drama. I did my part while a lot of others did not, “writing off” a lot of their fellow citizens at the same time. And those still not doing their part deserve no consideration from me. 

Drama????  

I got vaccinated.  

Like I said, if you have no compassion for your fellow citizens, it is hardly surprising the world is the mess it is.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

I am not the least bit concerned about C-19 and have not been from the beginning.

Yeah...that's kinda been the problem with a lot of people since last March. People who didn't mask or social distance or take the kind of precautions you did. And we can see how that approach has turned out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Absolutely correct. Kids are very accommodating. They don’t learn to be less so until later in life. My 16 year old grandson and his friends are better about mask compliance than many adults are where he lives. Very understanding of the circumstances and why things have been necessary. He’s decided to be vaccinated on his own. No pressure from his mom. Extremely proud of him. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I did not say “leads the nation” in number of cases. Please read more carefully.  I said that Florida’s 7 day average cases was 10% of the nation’s 7 day average on the date I referenced.  And, if you followed my posts further on you would have seen my reference to the “per 100,000” measure as the most appropriate in response to another poster using “per 1,000,000”.  

10% of the 7-day average cases puts Florida and Texas at the top and that is what I read your post to negatively highlight.

Here's the start and the response.  If you now agree that  "per 100,000" is more appropriate, then the original lament about Florida would actually be a compliment if corrected.

Yes, I think we're proud because we are almost 25th in cases per 100,000 count for the country over a 7 day period.  We're proud to shine that light.

fl.thumb.JPG.76e0d2368e50a17035e2a68e7b378c63.JPG

Edited by At Sea At Peace
  • Like 2