Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Drama????  

I got vaccinated.  

Like I said, if you have no compassion for your fellow citizens, it is hardly surprising the world is the mess it is.  

Yes, drama. Where was all the concern for one’s fellow citizens in this country the last 15 months?  Like I said, I did my part.  I’m vaccinated and I no longer feel obliged to protect anyone that has decided not to protect themselves. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

10% of the 7-day average cases puts Florida and Texas at the top and that is what I read your post to negatively highlight.

Here's the start and the response.  If you now agree that  "per 100,000" is more appropriate, then the original lament about Florida would actually be a compliment if corrected.

Yes, I think we're proud because we are almost 25th in cases per 100,000 count for the country over a 7 day period.  We're proud to shine that light.

fl.thumb.JPG.76e0d2368e50a17035e2a68e7b378c63.JPG

Stop.  I did intend to negatively highlight the current case count. I live here. It’s my right😉.

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Yes, drama. Where was all the concern for one’s fellow citizens in this country the last 15 months?  Like I said, I did my part.  I’m vaccinated and I no longer feel obliged to protect anyone that has decided not to protect themselves. 

Most of us gave up a lot of things we love doing for the common good.  

Many were unable to visit loved ones.  

Many people lost their jobs and their purpose in life. 

Many people suffered depression.

Many businesses closed, and many of them will never reopen.  People owned those business and have had their lives destroyed.

But hey you got a shot, and that makes you special.  Congratulations!  You are special!

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

If you follow this thread long enough... you will see that it begins to circle back to the beginning and starts all over again.... we are back to Florida law...

You do know the law is way bigger than just cruise ships😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

Wow quite the thread here, personally I don't blame RCI for making decisions to get their business back up and running. I would rather they take a strong pro-vaccine stance like NCL but practically speaking I'm not planning to book a cruise until at least 2022 and by that point things should be a lot clearer. I do feel bad for anyone planning to cruise this year with all the uncertainty regarding policies etc. 

NCL will cave or FL will change. All chest thumping

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Stop.  I did intend to negatively highlight the current case count. I live here. It’s my right😉.

You are a transplant -- the fact you don't state where you're from on your profile says a lot.  It may be your right, but I, as a native Floridian, (born and bred here) I believe you have taken liberties with the data and I take umbrage with your so called 7-day moving average that was literally taken out of context within the whole case scenario. I called you out on this many pages ago. STOP!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jstraw20 said:

This poster clearly isn't referring to those groups. They're clearly referring to the selfish a-holes that have fought every mitigation effort since day 1, and continue to. As a greater proportion of the population gets vaxxed the antis become less of a concern except in situations like this. Hard to feel empathy for individuals that don't have any themselves.

So, for people who don’t believe in what you believe, we can just write them off.  Good to know.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Oh please. “Lowest in nation” for deaths?  Hardly.  Middle of the pack. “Natural immunity”?  What a crock. Prove it!  You have no data on that and you know it. Grasping at straws. 40% fully vaccinated is embarrassing especially given that 20% of our population here are over 65 and were lined up around the block to be vaccinated first. The rest? Meh. Lots of vaccine resistance here. Embarrassing. 

Data, gave it to you on Deaths above. Cases, US as whole was 86th in World last 7 days, and another Poster corrected your 7 Day mistake. Actually what I've been reading here most CC Members are Vaccinated, no resistance. I'm 55, oldest of 10 all Vaccinated. 3 Kids in 20's, same. 4 Grands, too young get it, all under 11

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 4

I went back and looked at Richard Fain video dated May 24th...only a few days before the announcement. He had to have some idea about what they were going to announce...right. If you listen.. it is clear that they felt they would never be able to reach the 95% level because of children. Now if you go to around the 5 minute mark he is discussing Royal (vs Celebrity) plans. Here he specifically says that vaccinated will not have to mask..but there will be masking requirements for nonvaccinated. So did something change after this video or is that their plan and importantly... how does the CDC feel about that? So the video is dated May 24th and the announcement of the changes was June 4th...really hard to imagine that this plan wasn't in development when he made the video.May 24th RCCL CEO video So if this really is the plan... it gets us back to the how this will be implemented...  I personally like the shock collar idea 🙂..kidding ..just in case someone is wondering

1 minute ago, kearney said:

I went back and looked at Richard Fain video dated May 24th...only a few days before the announcement. He had to have some idea about what they were going to announce...right. If you listen.. it is clear that they felt they would never be able to reach the 95% level because of children. Now if you go to around the 5 minute mark he is discussing Royal (vs Celebrity) plans. Here he specifically says that vaccinated will not have to mask..but there will be masking requirements for nonvaccinated. So did something change after this video or is that their plan and importantly... how does the CDC feel about that? So the video is dated May 24th and the announcement of the changes was June 4th...really hard to imagine that this plan wasn't in development when he made the video.May 24th RCCL CEO video So if this really is the plan... it gets us back to the how this will be implemented...  I personally like the shock collar idea 🙂..kidding ..just in case someone is wondering

For this to be implemented that way, the CDC will have to change their rules before cruising starts (which is VERY possible)

At this time, everyone on the ship must wear masks if the ship is below 95%. No way to say you have to wear a mask, you don't.

That said, the option they have is to have certain areas of the ship separated for only vaccinated people, but again this separated vaccinated adults from their non-vaccinated kids, so not sure how they would use this.

16 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Most of us gave up a lot of things we love doing for the common good.  

Many were unable to visit loved ones.  

Many people lost their jobs and their purpose in life. 

Many people suffered depression.

Many businesses closed, and many of them will never reopen.  People owned those business and have had their lives destroyed.

But hey you got a shot, and that makes you special.  Congratulations!  You are special!

You have completely missed my point. I lost my mother to this wretched disease last August because of the carelessness of a staff member at her facility. I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to and missed seeing family and friends. I watched my husband fly off to his “essential worker” job every week wondering if he was going to be infected or bring it home. So again, spare me!  Having been vaccinated is a privilege to me and I am blessed daily for having been able to get it. Those who don’t, that’s on them. Life choices have consequences. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sad for some for limited notice but as says on Royal Site-"Times Change, So Do Our Protocols We’re continually evaluating these protocols and will make updates as public health standards evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements within 30 days of sailing"... States, CDC, Local, change with less restrictions continue to happen so be prepared

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you may have some fuzzy math here.  Royal said that over 90 percent of their passengers would be vaccinated and I’ll suggest that much of the remaining 10% are children.   That reduces the number of new potential passengers to only a couple percent at best.  This is a very small potential gain for a huge risk.  

Much closer to really dumb than brilliant. 

Of course they said it would be 90%.  If no proof given you can say any number you please is vaccinated!  Sales my friend Sales.

Just now, harkinmr said:

You have completely missed my point. I lost my mother to this wretched disease last August because of the carelessness of a staff member at her facility. I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to and missed seeing family and friends. I watched my husband fly off to his “essential worker” job every week wondering if he was going to be infected or bring it home. So again, spare me!  Having been vaccinated is a privilege to me and I am blessed daily for having been able to get it. Those who don’t, that’s on them. Life choices have consequences. 

Arguing with others that will never see your point of view will not bring you any joy or happiness here. ...just close your eyes and image the day we return to cruising. The rest is just noise.

Condolences on your mother. I lost my grandmother during Covid as well, it was brutal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

For this to be implemented that way, the CDC will have to change their rules before cruising starts (which is VERY possible)

At this time, everyone on the ship must wear masks if the ship is below 95%. No way to say you have to wear a mask, you don't.

That said, the option they have is to have certain areas of the ship separated for only vaccinated people, but again this separated vaccinated adults from their non-vaccinated kids, so not sure how they would use this.

They could make areas like certain bars, perhaps late seating at the theater ...spa or gym (during certain hours?) for vaccinated only... CDC appears allowing sections to be for vaccinated only. Now the Nassau cruises do have two sets of protocols...of course the non vaccinated are kids..so easy to spot a violator...but perhaps they are using this to help demonstrate two protocol process.... not sure .. I just wonder about this video's claims given the timing... 

46 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Drama????  

I got vaccinated.  

Like I said, if you have no compassion for your fellow citizens, it is hardly surprising the world is the mess it is.  

8 billion people...And the those living the best spill endless champagne in a 4 ounce glass with it overflowing spouting how they feel the pain.

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Data, gave it to you on Deaths above. Cases, US as whole was 86th in World last 7 days, and another Poster corrected your 7 Day mistake. Actually what I've been reading here most CC Members are Vaccinated, no resistance. I'm 55, oldest of 10 all Vaccinated. 3 Kids in 20's, same. 4 Grands, too young get it, all under 11

CC members being vaccinated is not a true measure of vaccine resistance. I live in Florida and know far better what our situation here is.  I understand what the current data is. Things in this country improving drastically where there is high vaccine uptake. But I also know that if we don’t hit the mark on vaccinations there could be setbacks. That’s the reality. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jstraw20 said:

This poster clearly isn't referring to those groups. They're clearly referring to the selfish a-holes that have fought every mitigation effort since day 1, and continue to. As a greater proportion of the population gets vaxxed the antis become less of a concern except in situations like this. Hard to feel empathy for individuals that don't have any themselves.

Amen!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

You are a transplant -- the fact you don't state where you're from on your profile says a lot.  It may be your right, but I, as a native Floridian, (born and bred here) I believe you have taken liberties with the data and I take umbrage with your so called 7-day moving average that was literally taken out of context within the whole case scenario. I called you out on this many pages ago. STOP!

Thanks for your feedback. No liberties taken as I proved many pages ago. Point in time analysis. Look it up. Take your umbrage and I will take mine. Where I’m “from” is no one’s concern. I live in Florida (have for over 20 years) and whether I’m originally from here matters not.  My opinion about Florida seems to irk you. I can’t do anything about that. But it is my opinion, to which I am fully entitled. Have a great day!

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 4