Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

16 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries. Can we please get by this. I work in health care as a career. Get your information from credible sources. What I stated is fact. Not 1 documented case of a person who is vaccinated dying from covid. Please, dont listen to the tabloid news. Search out true science.You cant live your life in fear. Far greater risks in life that you take daily without thinking about it.

Not sure why you'd pedal that nonsense. It's true there are no documented cases of deaths from vaccinated people, but aside from the legitimate issue of holiday disruption from other cases coming down on your cruise, and the need for preventative measures onboard it's completely false to say "you don't have any worries."

Vaccinated people have certainly gotten sick again from coronavirus - as searching out "true science" would tell you. And I don't see why anyone should be happy about taking unneeded risks getting coronavirus when they've already been responsible in getting vaccinated. Just to suit someone's political agenda, or boost a business' profits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Best wishes living your life in fear like that.

I'm not vaccinated and shall be cruising...I am very careful about hygiene especially in public areas.  I am not the least bit concerned about C-19 and have not been from the beginning.  I really can't explain why, perhaps I'm jut wired that way.  Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, wash your hands frequently and maintain a respectful distance from others.  Worked for us so far.

With that typed, should RCI require vaccination prior to sailing, I will run right out and get it done...either way it's no big deal for me or the wife...who was just recently vaccinated by the way.

Happy and Healthy Cruising to all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you may have some fuzzy math here.  Royal said that over 90 percent of their passengers would be vaccinated and I’ll suggest that much of the remaining 10% are children.   That reduces the number of new potential passengers to only a couple percent at best.  This is a very small potential gain for a huge risk.  

Much closer to really dumb than brilliant. 

We largely cruise on cruises that are two weeks long.  Those cruises consistently have about 90% seniors over 65.  Currently, 86% of seniors in the USA have one dose and 76% are fully vaccinated.  That being the case, the percentage of vaccinated on the cruise would likely be very high.

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Apparently, why  just apparently? The golfer lives in Scottsdale AZ. One of the sports stations ran a detailed recap of the whole situation on the news tonight. He was contacted Monday because of contact tracing, he must have been in contact with someone who tested positive. He was tested Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and they were all negative. He tested positive Saturday morning and they ran a second one Saturday and that was also positive. By the time they got the results he was on the last hole so they let him finish it before approaching. There was no mention of was he vaccinated or not. They did say he was young, 26 years old, with no preexisting conditions so he probably will be ok, physically. Mentally might be different, he lost out on winning $1,670,000 in the tournament as he was six strokes ahead with one round to play. It could have been a lot worse, he could have missed out on taking a cruise.

DH said that on Sunday they said he was not vaccinated.. only reporting what he heard while watching the golf tournament 

Going to put my 2 cents in here...

I’m vaccinated. I got vaccinated early on due to being on VA healthcare. I’m going on the cruises I have booked whether the shot is required or not. My girlfriend and I will both be fine because we got the shot, if anyone else who didn’t get the shot gets sick, it’s not a concern of mine. 

As messed up as it sounds, if they don’t care enough to be vaccinated, I don’t care if they get sick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We largely cruise on cruises that are two weeks long.  Those cruises consistently have about 90% seniors over 65.  Currently, 86% of seniors in the USA have one dose and 76% are fully vaccinated.  That being the case, the percentage of vaccinated on the cruise would likely be very high.

That's great.  What about 3 and 4 day cruises?   Make vaccination a requirement.

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Oh please, as listed above one lowest in Nation for Deaths, Florida's cases lowest over a yr Florida is doing fine. US was never going get to 70-75%. With 40% those UnVax having Natural Immunity along with the numbers Vaccinated we will be at Herd Immunity soon. Like 6 US  Pandemics in last 100 yrs this ones starting burn out too. Not one of them had a Vaccine to help either

Oh please. “Lowest in nation” for deaths?  Hardly.  Middle of the pack. “Natural immunity”?  What a crock. Prove it!  You have no data on that and you know it. Grasping at straws. 40% fully vaccinated is embarrassing especially given that 20% of our population here are over 65 and were lined up around the block to be vaccinated first. The rest? Meh. Lots of vaccine resistance here. Embarrassing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChuckRambo said:

I’m cruising in October. I’m unvaccinated. I’m staying that way. Can’t wait to breath on all of you vaccinated paranoids.

I’ll be the one with the “Dr. Evil” name tag.

You are my new hero. ❤️😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

I would expect someone working in healthcare to not spread misinformation:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/12-fully-vaccinated-people-died-of-covid-in-l-a-county-showing-shots-work-extraordinarily-well-health-officials-say/

https://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/napa-county-confirms-first-death-of-a-fully-vaccinated-covid-patient/article_9626da8f-c96a-569e-b120-af2c35848293.html

There's true science right there for you. The more people who are unvaccinated from COVID-19 and who unfortunately may catch it (at greater rates than fully vaccinated), the more likely we are to see more contagious and more deadly variants that the vaccines may not provide full protection for.

Agreed, people should not live their life in fear. Don't fear getting the vaccine.

I responded to this poster with actual CDC data yesterday proving them wrong. Crickets.  Can you imagine the nonsense being peddled to their patients?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Going to put my 2 cents in here...

I’m vaccinated. I got vaccinated early on due to being on VA healthcare. I’m going on the cruises I have booked whether the shot is required or not. My girlfriend and I will both be fine because we got the shot, if anyone else who didn’t get the shot gets sick, it’s not a concern of mine. 

As messed up as it sounds, if they don’t care enough to be vaccinated, I don’t care if they get sick. 

Not messed up at all.  I made a decision a few weeks ago that I no longer care about those who refuse to be vaccinated. I did my part and I followed all the protocols to protect others, including them.  No more.  If they don’t care about others, I no longer care about them.  Very liberating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Margaretealexander said:

0DEF2479-51DF-4E22-8397-9B361105D203.jpeg

Conveniently left out is the rest of your quoted language:

A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Apparently, why  just apparently? The golfer lives in Scottsdale AZ. One of the sports stations ran a detailed recap of the whole situation on the news tonight. He was contacted Monday because of contact tracing, he must have been in contact with someone who tested positive. He was tested Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and they were all negative. He tested positive Saturday morning and they ran a second one Saturday and that was also positive. By the time they got the results he was on the last hole so they let him finish it before approaching. There was no mention of was he vaccinated or not. They did say he was young, 26 years old, with no preexisting conditions so he probably will be ok, physically. Mentally might be different, he lost out on winning $1,670,000 in the tournament as he was six strokes ahead with one round to play. It could have been a lot worse, he could have missed out on taking a cruise.

I said "apparently", because I did not hear it... my husband watching on Sunday said that is what he heard... now apparently there is some dispute over if he did or not...  here is a link to what the paper in the area said about the incident https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2021/06/06/jon-rahm-jack-nicklaus-memorial-tournament-pga-tour-covid-19/7572795002/  It seems like he isn't talking and neither are people associated with the tournament....but in Golf Digest article they note "He added that a fully vaccinated player would not have to go through the tour's testing procedures as a result of being a close contact to someone who had tested positive. The definition of a fully vaccinated player under the tour protocol, according to Levinson, is someone 14 days past the full cycle of a vaccination. "They do not have to test as a result of being a close contact," Levinson said." You will recall.. that he had reported that he had been in contact with someone who tested positive and that is why he is being tested.... so if he was fully vaccinated and came in contact with someone... why did he need to be tested... when their protocols say fully vaccinated people who come in contact DO NOT have to go through that?  Here is the link to golfdigest... https://www.golfdigest.com/story/jon-rahm-covid-positive-memorial-2021

9 minutes ago, whyrlygig said:

It will be interesting when those who are choosing not to share vaccination status have to test and  "follow other protocols".  I imagine means masking and distancing etc.  

“Interesting”?  I think you’re being kind. “Circus” is my prediction. 

4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

“Interesting”?  I think you’re being kind. “Circus” is my prediction. 

Please stay away from the "circus", you said you are now liberated?????? Right????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

Are you really clueless about the differences between (Seriously, the forum asterisks out that era of Germany?, 4 letters, has a Z) Germany, Concentration Camps, and Cruising for a week or two? That's just sad that you could possibly think identifying someone's status for the duration of a cruise with regard to potential transmission or susceptibility to a disease that can cause some significant, long lasting and/or permanent damage in any way has any measure of comparability to such horrendous acts.

I'm savvy enough to know you can't use the 4 letter word you mentioned.

But I wasn't referring to their end game, just the beginning.

Royal will not 'brand' their unvaccinated customers. I'm fairly certain of that

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

No, you will just browbeat anyone who doesn’t do what you think they should into submission...

Congratulations!  You are the champion.  Play the Queen song@!!

I think they should bring back the 70+ age certification to travel from Doctor requirement. 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Can the numbers reported in Florida be trusted? I  recall people getting fired for refusing to report false information.

Pretty sure she was fired for spreading lies. But believe what you want

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L454S said:

Please stay away from the "circus", you said you are now liberated?????? Right????

Wouldn’t be caught anywhere near the “circus”.  I’ll be watching and laughing on the sidelines waiting to get on my fully vaccinated and fully “liberated” Celebrity cruise in September. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1