Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

2 hours ago, cruiser52forever said:

Why would Disney change their policy NOW.  They have been open for a year without a need for this policy?  SMH.

I was  talking about their proof of vaccination(s) requirement relating to cruising.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

At a rate of 0.001% according to the CDC.

May I correct your percentage......breakthrough infection for fully vaxxed people is 0.009%. I believe is posted an article which explains this stat a few posts ago on this thread.

I am very disappointed in RC!  I believe they should have "stuck to their guns" and held on with the "vaccinated only policy" and DeSantis would have come around and exempted the cruise lines from his fines.  

While RC (and all cruise lines) have the option to change their policies and "terms and conditions", I agree that it is irresponsible of them to sail "knowing" they have Non-vaccinated passengers on board!!!!

• Like 3

Isn’t the real issue here that someone who booked under the assumption that some high percentage of passengers and crew would be vaccinated is not able to get e refund?  Someone earlier mentioned the terms of the contract.  I wonder what the outcome of a class action lawsuit would be.  If all of those that want a refund but are not allowed to get it we’re to band together and sue RC, the outcome might just be in their favor.  They wouldn’t get all of their money back as some would go toward legal expenses but at least they would get some and they would win.  As for those who don’t have that particular dog in the hunt, just don’t book a cruise until and unless things are exactly like you want.  And if that means booking with another line, or from another port, so be it.  We had 5 cruise booked in ‘20.  Didn’t book this year and only have a 5 day booked in March of next year so I’m only in the game a couple thousand right now.  And that’s exactly how it will stay until I’m satisfied that a cruise will be fun.  

2 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

But let’s say Royal says unvaccinated must wear masks. How in the world do they intend to enforce that. There is no way the crew can police who is and us not vaccinated. They have enough trouble dealing with chair hogs. 

I am appalled by Royal’s about face and caving to Duh-Santis. They need to move their ships out of Florida and Texas and require vaccines. Period.  Those governors will not be happy when they lose all the dollars they reap from cruises leaving from their ports. 

1 minute ago, skiiergirl said:

I am very disappointed in RC!  I believe they should have "stuck to their guns" and held on with the "vaccinated only policy" and DeSantis would have come around and exempted the cruise lines from his fines.  

While RC (and all cruise lines) have the option to change their policies and "terms and conditions", I agree that it is irresponsible of them to sail "knowing" they have Non-vaccinated passengers on board!!!!

One word... Children!!!!! Not the Florida law which is only Florida and not Texas but Children.  Either you get it or you don't. 

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Many many people pointed out that was the policy from the caribbean islands. There was no policy from the usa. Did you ask what ports that pertained to? And now you dont see you share blame. People made assumptions it meant usa. ..assumptions...ooops on you. Did you call rcl and ask?

I know on cc many people kept pointing out that was NOT the policy from usa.  Ooops. Many argued and said nope we know better. Too bad so many ignored posts saying not the policy from usa. I know I read posts saying this isnt the usa policy. 

Up until Friday evening that policy was  also showing on the Royal Caribbean website for all US sailings in addition to the Nassau and Alaska sailings. The "all US sailings" part has now been removed. This means the policy was shown on the website when many people booked. Therefore they do have a right to be disappointed in the change. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

I would have preferred a more professional response than the run-on sentence that I received, but I will will work with what I have. 

What you are failing to realize is that these numbers are from today and account for all off the social passing of the virus. This is the average of everything that has happened over the past 18 months. 

The numbers are right but maybe you are not ready to see that you were bamboozled. 

So exactly where are you getting your numbers from?  The only people that are being bamboozled are people who think they can create figures figures like that.  There is no one on earth that knows the actual number of people that have caught or died from this virus.  Everything in that unprofessional run on sentence is factual.  But again, I know that you will choose to believe totally made up or misinterpreted statistics because they fit what you believe.  But you see them as factual and what I am saying as being made up.  I  understand that, without needing to insult you.  But the questions as you posed them are not answerable.   I think I addressed the point you are trying to make, no matter how unprofessional you think it is, didn't I?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

May I correct your percentage......breakthrough infection for fully vaxxed people is 0.009%. I believe is posted an article which explains this stat a few posts ago on this thread.

Oops. I meant to post 0.01, just rounding up after the last report of like 10k cases on 100 million vaccinations.

Though now the CDC no longer reports number of breakthrough cases, just breakthrough hospitalizations/deaths

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sea shepherd said:

1 = 7,674,000,000.

2= 3,743,188.

3= 0.000487775

4= nothing 

5 = still nothing 

6 = still nothing 

🤨

Unfortunately the number of covid deaths is number of people who had covid or had covid symptoms when they died or within 30 days of their death, not people who would still be alive if they never got covid.

3 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Up until Friday evening that policy was  also showing on the Royal Caribbean website for all US sailings in addition to the Nassau and Alaska sailings. The "all US sailings" part has now been removed. This means the policy was shown on the website when many people booked. Therefore they do have a right to be disappointed in the change. 

It never made sense to me people assumed rcl would just cancel most of the kids. Nassau was a new port. USA bookings were already booked ... with kids ... and people watched seeing dates set for test cruises .. which surely they knew were unvaccinated. And now act surprised.

How long has rcl been talking about test cruises? I knew test cruises equalled unvaccinated cruises. 

Did you call and ask the policy, see the news about test cruises? Did you really think rcl would cancel the kids without any word before this. Sorry, I find all this outrage and surprise to not make any sense.

If I knew others had to know test cruises mean unvaccinated... and also the kids. Rcl cant meet the 95%, so what did you expect. Rcl not a word about cancelling kids, never. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I cant believe I am arguing against people I fundamentally believe with but here we go...

How many people on this forum actually booked a cruise between May 21st (when that language was added) and June 4th (when it was changed again), and of those who'd cruise is sailing in the next 60-90 days?

I'd be willing to bet its a VERY small number here.

Let's cut it down further...of those of you who may fall into that category, how many have been here on CC for the last 18+ months and seen the policy and language change over, and over, and over, and over....

And of those, who didn't book a refundable deposit because you were so sure that language wasn't going to change again...

Sure it sucks that they went back on what they said, but it isn't surprising, and the odds of this change affecting your cruise are very small unless you are sailing in the next few months

• Like 4

I think for the first few months of sailing, people will just have to accept that there will be a lot of unknowns and policies may change at the last minute. Even if RCI said right now "vaccinated people on a cruise not following the 95% vaccinated threshold will have to wear masks indoor" or "vaccinated people on a cruise not following the 95% vaccinated will NOT have to wear masks indoor", that could just change next week or next month.

35 minutes ago, sea shepherd said:

1 = 7,674,000,000.

2= 3,743,188.

3= 0.000487775

4= nothing 

5 = still nothing 

6 = still nothing 

🤨

Exactly correct, because no one actually knows number 2, and because your odds of getting it are not based on the number ofbpeople on earth, but the number of contagious people you are exposed to and the time you are exposed to them.  The problem on a cruise ship is the second number, therefore they should try to get that first number as close to 0 as possible for now.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Wow, another thread exploding here with the same arguments all over again. So I' guess I'll chime in too! 😁

I think "disgusted" is pretty strong. I would say "disappointing" that they won't require vaccines, but at the same time I think people are blowing so much of this out of proportion. We haven't even seen "official" rules yet. Until RCL sends emails to people with the exact guidelines for their cruise, so much of this is conjecture. Plus, I can guarantee whatever rules and protocols in place when they first start in July will be different in September, and different in November, and different next year.

Everyone needs to chill.

Look, I want vaccines as much as the next person. But I'm willing to bet some people here who are so mad about this aren't even cruising for 6-12+ more months. Who knows what things will be like by then...we could be at full herd immunity (doubtful, but the point is anything is possible)

Unless you are going on a cruise in the next 30-60 days, I think whatever they are saying now shouldn't worry you too much.

Aww jrapps, things were so fiery and fun here and then you have to spoil it all by being the voice of reason. 😜

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The most impressive thing about this thread, the OP has been a member since 2010 and has only ever posted today. 

I have been on since 2006 and still don't have 1000.  I have posted more in the last week than I have in the last 15 years. i usually just lurk.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Aww jrapps, things were so fiery and fun here and then you have to spoil it all by being the voice of reason. 😜

Yep. Trust me, I get emotional too, but sometimes this just makes no sense.

Look, I am PRO vaccine mandate. I want to see them mandated for 12+. HOWEVER, I am also a logical and realistic person. Sailings are going to begin soon, likely without vaccines required and when that happens, one of 2 things will occur

1 - Cruises will set sail with un-vaccinated people onboard, and everything will be fine, protocols will work, and there won't be any outbreaks.

2 - Cruises will set sail with un-vaccinated people onboard, and everything will go to hell, and within the first month we will see 1 or more outbreaks on a ship.

If #1 happens, then will you still be worried?

If #2 happens, do you really think they will continue sailing without changing rules again?

Again, unless your cruise is in the first month or so of the return, you have NO IDEA what the rules on your sailing will be.

I sail in November. I won't expect to know the rules until Mid October. If I am lucky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Exactly correct, because no one actually knows number 2, and because your odds of getting it are not based on the number ofbpeople on earth, but the number of contagious people you are exposed to and the time you are exposed to them.  The problem on a cruise ship is the second number, therefore they should try to get that first number as close to 0 as possible for now.

I pretty sure that some could offer up a Doctor's note of natural antibodies present but it appears that the CDC is wrapped up in the artificial 'vaccine' only. TBH, Iwould believe the note of a Dr vs the card CVS issued me.  This would allow the number to get closer to zero. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

"took down an online coronavirus tracking dashboard"  ...numbers are still being Counted

Yea, I think we’re embarrassed because we averaged 10% of the total case count for the country over a 7 day period.  No sense in continuing to shine that light. 🙄

Edited by harkinmr
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

It never made sense to me people assumed rcl would just cancel most of the kids. Nassau was a new port. USA bookings were already booked ... with kids ... and people watched seeing dates set for test cruises .. which surely they knew were unvaccinated. And now act surprised.

How long has rcl been talking about test cruises? I knew test cruises equalled unvaccinated cruises. 

Did you call and ask the policy, see the news about test cruises? Did you really think rcl would cancel the kids without any word before this. Sorry, I find all this outrage and surprise to not make any sense.

If I knew others had to know test cruises mean unvaccinated... and also the kids. Rcl cant meet the 95%, so what did you expect. Rcl not a word about cancelling kids, never. 

Excuse me, I have been cruising a long time and mostly on Royal so therefore don't need a lecture. I know how to listen to what the Royal executives are saying, keep up with the facts, and follow the information on the Royal Caribbean website. If you listened to Fain's recent talks, he clearly explained why they were doing the test cruises. He also clearly said that Royal was requiring all adults and children over 16 and then 12 to be vaccinated for all the sailings. He explained they were doing the test cruises because with so many families sailing they couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be more than 5% unvaccinated children.  Although all my 12 cruises have been booked for a while, those that made new bookings prior to Friday when things changed, were misled. Nobody thought that children too young to be vaccinated wouldn't be sailing. Would be nice to show a bit more respect for others.

5 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I have posted more in the last week than I have in the last 15 years. i usually just lurk.

Some psych Phd candidate will write their doctoral thesis on what made folks come out of lurk mode in the COVID era.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4