Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Read about the latest CDC guidelines for vaccinated cruise ship passengers HERE.

Those are the guidelines the Adventure of the Seas sailing out of Nassau provided to those booked. The Adventure requires all over age 16 to be vaccinated. This is the reason we will be switching to cruises that require vaccinations. 

• Like 2

I would like someone to fill in these questions for me.

1. How many people are there in the world?

2. How many people have died from Covid?

3. What is the result of calculating #2 divided by #1?

4. What does that number represent?

5. What is the number if you multiply that by 100?

6. What does that number represent?

7 hours ago, alangee said:

As one who has cruised on Royal many times in the past, I must say, never again. We booked two cruises for early next year with the assurance that Royal would be maintaining strict COVID protocols. The fact that they are now going to allow un-vaccinated passengers on board is a total breach of contract under which we booked the cruises. I understand, when one needs to cancel their cruise for most appropriate reasons within the proper time frame, they would be afforded a credit towards a future cruise. The fact that Royal has totally changed their safety protocols is a breach of contract, and we should be allowed a refund. Of course they have turned us down on that.

Forget about the money we are going to lose, but allowing non-vaccinated passengers on a cruise is downright irresponsible. My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but those who are not could be carrying virus and pass it on to others who are not vaccinated. The more people who are not vaccinated and catching COVID, the greater the growth of variants. 

Unvaccinated passengers could bring the virus to the ports we visit, many of which are already impoverished with poor health facilities.

Cruises could be cut short or stranded at sea if a COVID outbreak occurs on a ship. We saw the nightmare of COVID on cruise ships in the early stages of the pandemic. Do you want to risk more nightmares on the seas. And if that happens, there might end up being a longer and more severe shut down of the cruise industry.

What Royal Caribbean has done is disgusting and irresponsible.

I LOVE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!  Sounds like you need a Snickers!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I still have no answers to my math problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiserking said:

The point is as a vaccinated passenger we should be able to walk freely around the ship without social distancing or masks. Because of this inane change of policy vaccinated passengers will have to do all of the things we had hoped to avoid, plus our cruise may very well end early when unvaccinated passengers get infected. 

Jonathan

You may be interested to know that on RCCL’s small luxury line, Silversea, which will be sailing around Greece with many more scheduled around the world this summer will be 100% vaccinated but you still need to be tested multiple times before , during and after, you must wear a mask unless eating or sitting outside while social distancing, you can’t get off the ship unless with a Silversea tour.  vaccinated cruises are still super restrictive 

1 hour ago, cruiser52forever said:

Why would Disney change their policy NOW.  They have been open for a year without a need for this policy?  SMH.

Disney World has had all their patron MASK indoors and outdoors for as long as they have been open. It was only about a month ago that their mask mandate was dropped for OUTDOORS. We will not visit Disney until all mask mandating is gone.

If Disney was able to mandate vaccines for everyone, then they would be able to drop the mask mandate INDOORS too. Now, wouldn't that be a wonderful experience? Maybe they could offer this NO MASKS for VACCINATED ONLY experience one day per week. That would be wonderful. But, alas, DeSantis forbids this business to offer such an experience to their patrons.

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The Captain would not have the authority to over ride the CSO

Correct. But he can ADD a few more protocals!  

You don't give you money to the CDC... follow the RCL policies

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Can you specifically name a Captain of a RCL ship that works for the CDC?

And if you believe that the authority of the Captain on the ship is absolute, you are living about 2 centuries too late.  While the CDC does not "own ships" as you say, they can certainly stop them from operating in the US, as they have shown for the last 15 months.  The CDC does not issue "recommendations" for cruise ships like they do for domestic businesses, they issue mandatory requirements, and ships that don't follow those requirements will fail to get their "free pratique" and hence not get their clearance to operate in the US by the USCG.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Correct. But he can ADD a few more protocals!  

You don't give you money to the CDC... follow the RCL policies

Yes, he can, but not if they are less restrictive than the CDC's.  RCI can only issue more restrictive protocols.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

1 = 7,674,000,000.

2= 3,743,188.

3= 0.000487775

4= nothing 

5 = still nothing 

6 = still nothing 

🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

This would be my approach:

Use SeaPass cards with a different color for vaccinated passengers.

Adapt their current guest photo system so that vaccinated passenger photos are easily identified as such, perhaps a colored border or an overlaid icon. (For those unaware every register everywhere on the ship pops up your registered photo when your SeaPass card is scanned.)

Get wristbands that have a mechanism for identifying they've been removed. All vaccinated passengers can choose to wear a wristband to qualify for relaxed protocols. Any vaccinated passenger needing a replacement armband can get one at Guest Services (and/or elsewhere) by showing their SeaPass card.

Anyone making a transaction anywhere aboard ship who is wearing a wristband without being vaccinated, which could be identified when using a SeaPass card that does not show the passenger status as vaccinated will be identified/brought to security, be confined to their cabin, and removed from the ship at the next port, and possibly not allowed to sail again with Royal Caribbean. (i.e., don't try to scam by stealing a used/removed wristband).

Systems already in place for reservations at shows can similarly confirm vaccination status at scan points when entering the venue to check wristband usage/mask protocols.

Suitable penalties can exist for violating protocols, especially after warning from prior violations.

I suppose you could try to reverse that and make the unvaccinated wear something identifying, but that becomes harder to verify passively. Though with suitable penalties if discovered, perhaps it would still work.

And they always could simply resort to third-world voting protocols. Dip a particular finger in a permanent ink that takes many days to fade away.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Wrist Bans VAX/UN? Not going happen, ever

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Why do you keep asking? Are you incapable of doing this yourself? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wow, another thread exploding here with the same arguments all over again. So I' guess I'll chime in too! 😁

I think "disgusted" is pretty strong. I would say "disappointing" that they won't require vaccines, but at the same time I think people are blowing so much of this out of proportion. We haven't even seen "official" rules yet. Until RCL sends emails to people with the exact guidelines for their cruise, so much of this is conjecture. Plus, I can guarantee whatever rules and protocols in place when they first start in July will be different in September, and different in November, and different next year.

Everyone needs to chill.

Look, I want vaccines as much as the next person. But I'm willing to bet some people here who are so mad about this aren't even cruising for 6-12+ more months. Who knows what things will be like by then...we could be at full herd immunity (doubtful, but the point is anything is possible)

Unless you are going on a cruise in the next 30-60 days, I think whatever they are saying now shouldn't worry you too much.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Until you can answer those questions, absorb them and come to grips with reality, there are just going to be a lot of us sitting on the sidelines shaking our heads. 

First of all, your questions cannot be answered accurately.  If you try to plug in the number that have died, you are fooling yourself, because that number is unknown.  My guess is that you are trying to say that any specific person has a 1% - 2% chance of dieing.   I  don't think people will argue with that.  You are failing to take into account how contagious this virus is.  You have a much higher chance of COVID than any other virus we know of right now.  Therefore that 1% - 2% turns out to be a huge number of people, and anyone that gets it might die, so however you look at it, you are gambling with peoples lives, and you should never bet something you aren't willing to loose when there is a proven way to avoid that risk.  That doesn't even take into account the number of people that will have permanent damage to their bodies, people who will become long haulers, or the variants created because of the continuation of the spread of the virus.  This isn't a math problem,  it's real lives.  So the problem comes down to the fact that people who do not take the vaccine are affecting everyone else, whether they believe it or not.  COVID is not a Disney character that requires people to believe in it to fly.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, alangee said:

Yes, Royal has lost a ton of business. A lot of us have because of the pandemic. And believe me Royal will lose a heck of a lot more should there be outbreaks on the cruises.

We booked in April and this is what was on the Royal Caribbean when we booked. "At this time, we are requiring guests 18 years and older to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, along with all crew members onboard. Each guest must submit proof of vaccination no later than boarding day, . . ."

They don't say that now. In fact here is what they are currently saying on the web site. "If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. "

What a great vacation that would be.

Many many people pointed out that was the policy from the caribbean islands. There was no policy from the usa. Did you ask what ports that pertained to? And now you dont see you share blame. People made assumptions it meant usa. ..assumptions...ooops on you. Did you call rcl and ask?

I know on cc many people kept pointing out that was NOT the policy from usa.  Ooops. Many argued and said nope we know better. Too bad so many ignored posts saying not the policy from usa. I know I read posts saying this isnt the usa policy. 

Just now, MrMarc said:

First of all, your questions cannot be answered accurately.  If you try to plug in the number that have died, you are fooling yourself, because that number is unknown.  My guess is that you are trying to say that any specific person has a 1% - 2% chance of dieing.   I  don't think people will argue with that.  You are failing to take into account how contagious this virus is.  You have a much higher chance of COVID than any other virus we know of right now.  Therefore that 1% - 2% turns out to be a huge number of people, and anyone that gets it might die, so however you look at it, you are gambling with peoples lives, and you should never bet something you aren't willing to loose when there is a proven way to avoid that risk.  That doesn't even take into account the number of people that will have permanent damage to their bodies, people who will become long haulers, or the variants created because of the continuation of the spread of the virus.  This isn't a math problem,  it's real lives.  So the problem comes down to the fact that people who do not take the vaccine are affecting everyone else, whether they believe it or not.  COVID is not a Disney character that requires people to believe in it to fly.

I would have preferred a more professional response than the run-on sentence that I received, but I will will work with what I have. 

What you are failing to realize is that these numbers are from today and account for all off the social passing of the virus. This is the average of everything that has happened over the past 18 months. 

The numbers are right but maybe you are not ready to see that you were bamboozled. 

• Like 2