Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Hopefully, we can resist the urge to insert politics into this thread and have it locked or lost.  It takes self-control, it's hard.  Cruising is what we're all hoping for.  😊

I find it extremely difficult to discuss the subject at hand and not refer to that silly law in Florida.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, alangee said:

Though it is rare, people who have been fully vaccinated have died from COVID, but that is not my argument. What I am disgusted with is that when we booked, we were specifically told by a Royal agent that all passengers would be vaccinated. If he had not said that, we would not have booked. Also, as I said in my original post, it's the irresponsibility of the move that matters. Maybe the vaccinated will not be in danger, but the other non-vaccinated could very well be as well as the citizens of the many ports that are visited.

Cancel. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I must respectfully disagree. The CDC CSO does not allow for differing onboard protocols. They consider the ship either vaccinated or not, mixed is not recognized by the CDC

Can you specifically name a Captain of a RCL ship that works for the CDC?

15 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

That is correct, but really find it hard to figure out how they are realistically going to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated in real time.

When they announced these cruises Royal really should have updated information on the protocols for these cruises...noting that they could change AND they really need to tell people what happens when someone is sick ...because many keep going back to march '20.. and I believe from what I have pieced together that they have a better plan that will likely keep the cruise going... isolating and evacuating the sick... but I am not sure I am correct... I think people would feel better if more of these details were answered. At least I have a good idea on how the Nassau protocols will work...but I can see why people have questions

Edited by kearney
keyboard sticks occasionally

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Then get over your fear or cancel. 

LOL. Maybe unvaxxed individuals  shouldn't  be on cruises . I don't know about you ,but I don't want anyone F-ing up my vacation time. Maybe if your retired and have all the time in the world, then  who cares. But unvaxxed individuals will be screwing up my freedoms on a cruise ship. Not cool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Nobody knows. All that has been said is the tiny little change in wording:

"guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible."

"Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date."

And even that implies there will be different protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated passengers.

'unable to verify vaccination'

How will that work? 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Wrong, although some have passed away post vaccination there has been no causal link, post mortem, between the vaccine and the death

The vaccine didn’t prevent them from dying😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jptoz said:

LOL. Maybe unvaxxed individuals  shouldn't  be on cruises . I don't know about you ,but I don't want anyone F-ing up my vacation time. Maybe if your retired and have all the time in the world, then  who cares. But unvaxxed individuals will be screwing up my freedoms on a cruise ship. Not cool.

w/ all the LOL's I guess you quickly got over your fear and will go on a cruise w/ the unvaxed. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

Vaccinated and no fear of contacting a severe case of Covid on a cruise. The 95% vaccinated Adventure cruises sailing out of Nassau are not requiring masks, social distancing or ship only excursions to leave the ship. This will not be the case when sailing on Royal cruises that do not require vaccinations. I prefer to sail on a cruise line that requires vaccinations so I can experience a much more enjoyable cruise and not have to deal with masks and other limitations. No worries.

I thought Royal waived the vaccine requirements on Adventure, and now have to deal with the protocols

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I guess you haven't heard. Theme parks are exempt from DeSantis' order. 

Yep.  What a joke that is!  I guess they write the biggest checks. 😉. C’mon cruise lines, time to pony up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought Royal waived the vaccine requirements on Adventure, and now have to deal with the protocols

No.  That’s the ironic part. Everyone 16 and over has to be vaccinated. Reduced capacity and NO protocols for vaccinated folks.  Children under 16 must be masked indoors. 

2 hours ago, catlady66 said:

The fully vaccinated golfer who was leading by 6 strokes yesterday tested positive & had to withdraw. Remind me again why people are getting vaccinated? 

The tournament director has refused to confirm or deny whether or not Rahm was vaccinated.  

Since he was being tested due to close contact earlier in the week with someone who had Covid I would assume he was not vaccinated since golfers who were vaccinated were not required to be tested….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Babe said:

I wish folks would stop posting inaccurate information.  Our dear friend got the Covid jab (Moderna) and got COVID after his second one (March).  He was very ill and continues to get even worst.  He has been waiting almost 30 days to see a doctor/cardiologist and who knows if he will make it.  He has bruising all over his body and cuts won't heal.  Lots of heart palpitations and other things going on.  You can get COVID after vaccination.  Please, turn off MSM.  

Sorry for you friend but he is a statistical anomoly, and posts like this merely instil fear in the un vaxxed.

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You cannot be serious ?..

My point is that people who have been in contact with a Covid positive person have to quarantine — just like on land.  With contact tracing on a ship that should be easy.  The people most at risk will be those in the same traveling group.

1 hour ago, Colorado Babe said:

I wish folks would stop posting inaccurate information.  Our dear friend got the Covid jab (Moderna) and got COVID after his second one (March).  He was very ill and continues to get even worst.  He has been waiting almost 30 days to see a doctor/cardiologist and who knows if he will make it.  He has bruising all over his body and cuts won't heal.  Lots of heart palpitations and other things going on.  You can get COVID after vaccination.  Please, turn off MSM.  

At a rate of 0.001% according to the CDC.

36 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I guess you haven't heard. Theme parks are exempt from DeSantis' order. 

I don't think so...

"In addition to outlawing vaccine passports, the bill will limit how local governments can extend emergency orders, allowing them to extend in seven-day increments for a total of 42 days. And, the governor would be able to override local orders that are 'unnecessarily restrict individual rights or liberties.

"These changes to the emergency orders are significant, as the seven-day extensions are currently allowed indefinitely. And, the bill would make permanent the order that does not allow theme parks, like Walt Disney World, to require that guests show any form of vaccine passport."

.https://allears.net/2021/04/28/news-florida-house-passes-bill-on-vaccine-passport-requirements/

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

Nobody knows. All that has been said is the tiny little change in wording:

"guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible."

"Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date."

And even that implies there will be different protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated passengers.

Will vaxxed passengers have some sort of VISIBLE TO ALL identification so they do not have to mask and abide by other safety protocols? That is the ONLY way to deal with this. Giving some sort of ID for un-vaxxed passengers will certainly not work because they will most certainly not wear the ID and you know that is the truth.

• Haha 1