Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

My family of 4 is fully vaccinated and looking forward to cruising.

The only problem I have with Royal going the unvaccinated route is what the health protocols will be.

I would be angry if now having unvaccinated will make the cruise go from mask free to masks required for all. I don't see how they will be able to handle vax no mask, no vax must wear a mask.

Does anyone know the full health protocols for these sailings?

• Like 2

The cancellation policy is quite liberal... take advantage of it. But at some point unvaccinated people will be on cruises... so for those concerned about that... consider camping. You certainly don't want to take an airplane or stay in a hotel or go to a restaurant.

• Like 7

Just now, JoeFan said:

My family of 4 is fully vaccinated and looking forward to cruising.

The only problem I have with Royal going the unvaccinated route is what the health protocols will be.

I would be angry if now having unvaccinated will make the cruise go from mask free to masks required for all. I don't see how they will be able to handle vax no mask, no vax must wear a mask.

Does anyone know the full health protocols for these sailings?

Nobody knows. All that has been said is the tiny little change in wording:

"guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible."

"Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date."

And even that implies there will be different protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated passengers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Not happy about it, but lets get real. We walk around unvaccinated people all the dang time. Unless you lock yourselves in your home. The crew has been out of work for over a year. Real world problems!

Yes we walk around all the time, but you get to go home. What happens if now there is an outbreak on the ship and your vacation gets cut short or you now must quarantine in your stateroom. Also what are the health protocols, do I a vaccinated person now need to wear a mask where a fully vaccinated cruise I don't? Think bigger picture here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, poocher said:

Also the sun kills Covid?  Did I miss a fake newscast?!!!!

UV light does kill Covid. Some medical facilities are using UV machines to sanitize their facilities and equipment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

The fully vaccinated golfer who was leading by 6 strokes yesterday tested positive & had to withdraw. Remind me again why people are getting vaccinated? 

Yet we are watching the golf tournament on TV live, with crowds and competitors?

2 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

The fully vaccinated golfer who was leading by 6 strokes yesterday tested positive & had to withdraw. Remind me again why people are getting vaccinated? 

For people that are vaccinated and asymptomatic aren't testing, so no positives. This is highlighting a huge problem with breakthrough infections.  All sports teams are vaccinated but are still undergoing frequent mandatory testing. Look at the NY Yankees, they had 9 vaccinated players and staff test positive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries. Can we please get by this. I work in health care as a career. Get your information from credible sources. What I stated is fact. Not 1 documented case of a person who is vaccinated dying from covid. Please, dont listen to the tabloid news. Search out true science.You cant live your life in fear. Far greater risks in life that you take daily without thinking about it.

STOP posting this, it is FALSE

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

I believe you made a significant omission; John Rahm was vaccinated after he was alerted via contact tracing that he was exposed. He tested negative for five days, and positive on Saturday forcing him to withdraw from the tournament. 

Other golfers have been allowed to continue, and fans are attending without masks. 

Edited by toocruisin2
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, csnarpy said:

Let's get real here.  They are only doing this for Florida and Texas based cruises. Why?  Because at this point they can't sail otherwise. Until those laws are challenged and overturned then they have no choice.

All ports in other states are still using the Vaccinated 95% rule.

If there is anyone to be disgusted with then it's the Governors of FL and TX.

Happy Sailing!

NOT correct

2 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries. Can we please get by this. I work in health care as a career. Get your information from credible sources. What I stated is fact. Not 1 documented case of a person who is vaccinated dying from covid. Please, dont listen to the tabloid news. Search out true science.You cant live your life in fear. Far greater risks in life that you take daily without thinking about it.

You say: "If you are vaccinated you dont have any worries." Wow! No need to worry about the car needing oil change? No need to worry about next month's mortgage payment? No need to worry about inflation? Just Wow! Really powerful vaccine that.

Oh wait, you probably meant to say that those vaccinated don't need to worry about contracting serious covid. As it happens, I totally agree with you. Everything I have read and heard agrees with your point. However, that is mostly irrelevant to the question about when/how to go cruising. I am not afraid of the virus. I am very much concerned about having my travel ruined by closed ports, changed itineraries, additional restrictions onboard and quarantine on disembarkation just because of covidiots who won't take basic health precautions.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

It's likely Rahm was not vaccinated.  If he was he would not have to undergo testing umless he  had symptoms.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JoeFan said:

For people that are vaccinated and asymptomatic aren't testing, so no positives. This is highlighting a huge problem with breakthrough infections.  All sports teams are vaccinated but are still undergoing frequent mandatory testing. Look at the NY Yankees, they had 9 vaccinated players and staff test positive. 

I agree with the NY Yankees unique situation (and it is the most unique as they are studying vaccine lots, vaccinators etc.).  However, not 'all sports teams are vaccinated.'  There is a strong resistance to vaccination by a good % of athletes.  

6 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Nobody knows. All that has been said is the tiny little change in wording:

"guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible."

"Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date."

And even that implies there will be different protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated passengers.

My concerns about sailing with <95% vaccinated... is these likely different protocols... I mean.. how is that going to work? I can see when you arrive at port that those unvaccinated people might be tested but after that... will they be kept out of the diamond lounge unless masked? What happens if they don't replace their mask between bites at dinner...will some other passenger turn them in to the waiter...what then? Just look at the posts on this thread..you just know there will be snitches everywhere... that does not seem like fun to me. 

But seeing some of the bigoted comments about people who are unvaccinated... I am gaining new appreciation of the vaccine passport ban.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

Not true. If he was fully vaccinated, per PGA protocol, he would not have had to be tested.    

I did hear that he got the first shot after being in contract with someone with Covid, but that was very recent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

You ducked and missed the point.

No.  First, I don't duck.  Second the point is that it illustrates that a positive test at an event doesn't send the entire globe into a locked-in-our-basement panic (again).

Edited by At Sea At Peace
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

He apparently was not vaccinated

What about all the poor, impoverished countries that the cruise ships will visit that lag far behind in the US in vaccinations?   Unvaccinated selfish cruisers will literally have blood on their hands.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, catlady66 said:

Are you sure e was vaccinated? The PGA Tour yesterday did no respond to that question?  

3 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I agree with the NY Yankees unique situation (and it is the most unique as they are studying vaccine lots, vaccinators etc.).  However, not 'all sports teams are vaccinated.'  There is a strong resistance to vaccination by a good % of athletes.  

I was rushing to type this and meant to say the 9 people that tested positive were vaccinated I believe.

13 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

UV light does kill Covid. Some medical facilities are using UV machines to sanitize their facilities and equipment.

We have been doing that for 30 years, nothing new, nothing to do with Covid.

It is actually a practice that has been seeing a steady decrease over the last couple years due to an argument of risk VS reward (but that is neither here nor there)

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

Vaccinated and no fear of contacting a severe case of Covid on a cruise. The 95% vaccinated Adventure cruises sailing out of Nassau are not requiring masks, social distancing or ship only excursions to leave the ship. This will not be the case when sailing on Royal cruises that do not require vaccinations. I prefer to sail on a cruise line that requires vaccinations so I can experience a much more enjoyable cruise and not have to deal with masks and other limitations. No worries.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Are you sure e was vaccinated? The PGA Tour yesterday did no respond to that question?  

Above someone said he got his (1st) shot after his exposure. I.e. the barn door was locked after the horse was stolen. Too bad for him, too bad for the one who exposed him.