Father's Day Gift Card Promotion

Gorilla Girl

Although they've done buy 500 get 25 bonus in the past, it's always been the prior week to Father's Day so that would be starting this Sunday. (Valentines Day and Mother's Day were buy 1000 get 50)

• Like 1

In the past they have offered a Father's Day card promo but it hasn't been as good as the one offered for Mother's Day. I imagine the response will be less enthusiastic than in the past as many people are already holding cards they've been unable to use. (I'm currently holding in excess of $6k in Princess gift cards...)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We loved the good AMEX promotions.

But, we no longer have our AMEX Delta Gold cards!

True that.  I'm holding out for a fall AMEX promotion.  Don't need a gold card either!

When you have bought cards through the Allstate Rewards program how long did it take for you to receive the cards? It’s been almost three weeks since I bought them, am I just impatient? 

I used mine to purchase $1,000 in shore excursions on our upcoming Hawaiian cruise.  To do so, I had to call the reservations desk at Princess.  I also used some towards the cruise fare.  Our travel agent had to do that.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, Thrak said:

In the past they have offered a Father's Day card promo but it hasn't been as good as the one offered for Mother's Day. I imagine the response will be less enthusiastic than in the past as many people are already holding cards they've been unable to use. (I'm currently holding in excess of $6k in Princess gift cards...)

Same situation here and for many.  I will consider more cards next May when the Mothers Day promo is on as it and Valentines are usually the best.  That will be much closer to FP Date for our Fall 2022 voyages and things should be much clearer as to how ships are making out, port protocols, touring companies, etc.  If I know we are going, I can always buy some more then to go towards the balance owing.  The Bank of Princess has quite enough of our money now among Gift Cards, Gift Card Bonuses, FCC's and FCD's.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same situation here and for many.  I will consider more cards next May when the Mothers Day promo is on as it and Valentines are usually the best.  That will be much closer to FP Date for our Fall 2022 voyages and things should be much clearer as to how ships are making out, port protocols, touring companies, etc.  If I know we are going, I can always buy some more then to go towards the balance owing.  The Bank of Princess has quite enough of our money now among Gift Cards, Gift Card Bonuses, FCC's and FCD's.

Hi Gregg,

Quit complaining I was told if you take all your money out of The Bank of Princess it will become a Car Wash  🚗 🚙 🚕 😳.  I’m  sorry I couldn’t help myself  😁 😁
Tony 

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what do you do with the gift cards?

I pay for my cruise with the visa card, so I could get travel insurance.

Is there a way to use a gift card instead of the credit card for incidentals?

Besides what others have suggested:

a) In advance of the cruise can call Princess and have the gift cards applied to your cruise as OBC.

b) On board go to the Customer Service desk and have the card applied to your on board account.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Besides what others have suggested:

a) In advance of the cruise can call Princess and have the gift cards applied to your cruise as OBC.

b) On board go to the Customer Service desk and have the card applied to your on board account.

excellent, thanks!

I just checked and Chase Rewards offers Princess and Carnival gift cards for point redemption.

I'll probably get that for my 2022 Princess cruise at some point.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

excellent, thanks!

I just checked and Chase Rewards offers Princess and Carnival gift cards for point redemption.

I'll probably get that for my 2022 Princess cruise at some point.

If you apply the gift card in advance (for any reason), do not throw away the gift card even if it has $0 left until after the cruise.

If the cruise is cancelled, any refund of what came from the gift card will be sent back to that gift card.

• Like 4

If you are an AARP member I see they still have $500 Carnival gift cards for $448.  The last time we cruised I used 4 of those to pay down our cruise fare 🙂

Edited by bjkTX
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

If you are an AARP member I see they still have $500 Carnival gift cards for $448.  The last time we cruised I used 4 of those to pay down our cruise fare 🙂

I had thought they allowed using the Carnival gift cards toward our Princess cruise - but it appears I was mistaken.

45 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

can the gift cards be used to pay off gratuities?

Yes. You can pay for anything with the gift card. Alternately you can just apply them as OBC - which automagically gets used for gratuities each day.

• Like 2