Apex dates - what a mess?

nyc12345

image.thumb.png.89c745a318a94db03d1bd86db8d54ddc.png

I don't understand how you can have these dates listed, but they don't make any sense...

10/24/21 + 4 = 10/28 ok

10/28/21 + 3 = 10/31 (missing)

11/4/21 + 9 = 11/13 ok

11/13/21 + 7 = 11/20 ok

11/20/21 + 9 = 11/29 (but the next sailing is 11/27?)

11/27/21 + 7 = 12/4 ok

12/4/21 + 9 = 12/13 (but the next sailing is 12/11?)

12/11/21 + 7 = 12/18 (but the next sailing is 12/20?)

12/20/21 + 7 = 12/27 ok

12/27/21 + 7 = 1/3 missing

1/15/22 + 9 = 1/24 missing

Let’s think about this.  Staffing is at a minimum, debt is increasing, you are trying to restart cruising from and to ports around the world, going to ports whose requirements can and do change daily or hourly, you are fighting with FL to get safe cruises going  and having to move all Alaska sailing from one ship to another all while trying to keep the website updated faster than “those on the know” can pre announce what is going to happen.  I wouldn’t want to be in LLP shoes!  But they have ships sailing from the US and Caribbean  before others.  As much as we may vetch about how things should be we aren’t in Miami trying to navigate this pandemic.  Until we walk in the shoes of those in  Miami I don’t think we can grasp what a task this has been.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Let’s think about this.  Staffing is at a minimum, debt is increasing, you are trying to restart cruising from and to ports around the world, going to ports whose requirements can and do change daily or hourly, you are fighting with FL to get safe cruises going  and having to move all Alaska sailing from one ship to another all while trying to keep the website updated faster than “those on the know” can pre announce what is going to happen.  I wouldn’t want to be in LLP shoes!  But they have ships sailing from the US and Caribbean  before others.  As much as we may vetch about how things should be we aren’t in Miami trying to navigate this pandemic.  Until we walk in the shoes of those in  Miami I don’t think we can grasp what a task this has been.

I could not agree more. What a mess to organize- canceld - well booked voyages- organizing new itineraries. The list could go on and on. Never in their history ( X´s) had they to cope with such unpreceded happenings.

Nyc1234 needs to identify their source. Celebrity website and CruiseCritic find a cruise shows the cruise I’m on, the 20 Nov Thanksgiving cruise is a 7N cruise, not 9N as the OP posted. And some of the other ones are in error that the OP posted.

And by the way, nyc1234, posting on Roll Calls is Only for those on that cruise, so please don’t do that. All that does is cause people issues when there isn’t one.

den 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Nyc1234 needs to identify their source. Celebrity website and CruiseCritic find a cruise shows the cruise I’m on, the 20 Nov Thanksgiving cruise is a 7N cruise, not 9N as the OP posted. And some of the other ones are in error that the OP posted.

And by the way, nyc1234, posting on Roll Calls is Only for those on that cruise, so please don’t do that. All that does is cause people issues when there isn’t one.

den 

I am on that cruise, why else would I want to know if it is 7 night or 9 night?

The flier is found on this website:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_Apex_2021_Deployment.pdf

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The pre-inaugural sailings are 10/31 and 11/2 with that one being the naming ceremony. Not sure those will go on sale to gen public. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 3.34.26 PM.png

Where did you get this list from?  Perhaps this is a more accurate list than the one I found on their website.

2 minutes ago, nyc12345 said:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_Apex_2021_Deployment.pdf

Thank you for the source.Looks like an error on that particular website. Sorry for the comment on the roll call. Nope, no changes in our cruise.

den

Just now, Denny01 said:

Thank you for the source.Looks like an error on that particular website. Sorry for the comment on the roll call. Nope, no changes in our cruise.

den

If there are no changes, that would be a big relief, as I don't want to rebook the flights and ask for more vacation days.  Just hoping things will sort out in the next few days...

1 minute ago, nyc12345 said:

Where did you get this list from?  Perhaps this is a more accurate list than the one I found on their website.

I think it is. The Celebrity website shows the 20 Nov cruise as 7N as it does a few of the other ones that are listed as 9N on the list you have. And so does CruiseCritic and some other websites we can’t list here, but all of them show the cruises as Celebrity Find a Cruise search shows.

den

1 minute ago, nyc12345 said:

If there are no changes, that would be a big relief, as I don't want to rebook the flights and ask for more vacation days.  Just hoping things will sort out in the next few days...

I wouldn’t get concerned. that info you found is in error, as you inferred when the 20 Nov cruise is listed as 7N on the actual Celebrity website and the next cruise on the one you found shows the next Apex cruise as 27 Nov. So that data is in error and we all are OK with our plans.

Hope to say Hi on the cruise and chuckle over that error, and my unneeded cheap shot at you!!

den 

I would be more willing to give Celebrity a break if I didn’t know that such things have been happening for years. I remember being on a ship one time when the new deployments were announced. They handed out the list of upcoming cruises and every single one of them was listed as leaving on a Tuesday.

The staff in the future cruise sales department was red-faced as none of them had caught the error before duplicating the flyer and handing it out to all aboard.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, nyc12345 said:

Of course you do, BUT dates, ports are changing like a baby’s diaper.  It will work out already.  The good folks at Celebrity, ALL of their employees are doing the very best they can under constantly evolving circumstances.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

The pre-inaugural sailings are 10/31 and 11/2 with that one being the naming ceremony. Not sure those will go on sale to gen public. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 3.34.26 PM.png

Cool! We're on the 11/4 sailing. I wonder if they'll have anything special going on during that cruise. 😎