2 passengers on first 100% vaccinated North American cruise test positive for COVID-19

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Well then, we are back to my original response. In the case of celebrity, a negative test was required to debark in St Maartin. IF celebrity conducted an antigen test for  on day 5 and that test was false positive, guests would be quarantined until arriving at the next port. That is the problem.

I would like to add this which does support your argument. ,It appears that viking has PCR lab and royal is planning to install PCR testing labs onboard. I can't verify where NCL is doing the same, but they might be. In which case, there would be less of a problem with testing 🙂

I am really not interested in continuing this conversation...I've stated my opinion and you have also.  There is no common ground, so no need to continue.  I wish you happy sailings.

18 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Correct, sorry. I divided 2 by 500 and it was .004, I should have moved the 4 over. But you get my point. Still very low. 

I checked this with my accountant and when I asked what percentage 2 is of 500, he replied, "what do you want it to be?"

• Haha 2

It was mentioned in this thread that the CDC has a data base of vaccine statue and the info can be obtained from the cdc for the purpose of providing an extra layer of security against fake cdc cards. I thought that made sense and didn’t give it too much thought until i ran over this piece of info today. Apparently the cdc does NOT keep record of vaccination status.

CB25F6C6-4C8C-4892-831B-66463B13F195.jpeg

On 6/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

It was mentioned in this thread that the CDC has a data base of vaccine statue and the info can be obtained from the cdc for the purpose of providing an extra layer of security against fake cdc cards. I thought that made sense and didn’t give it too much thought until i ran over this piece of info today. Apparently the cdc does NOT keep record of vaccination status.

Yes, vaccinations are recorded at the state/local level.   Sounds like the EU is getting an Vaccine Passport app ready(that can't be forged).  My friends in the US that were planning on going to Europe this summer may have a change of plans if the US can't get this together...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Yes, vaccinations are recorded at the state/local level.   Sounds like the EU is getting an Vaccine Passport app ready(that can't be forged).  My friends in the US that were planning on going to Europe this summer may have a change of plans if the US can't get this together...

We are already using it in Spain, some other countries started using it last week

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, sugcarol said:

Providers of the vaccine asked people if they had Medicare or other insurance. The vaccine is free but the providers are allowed to charge for the administration, if no insurance than the federal govt paid the providers for the administration. Medicare pays 28.39 per jab, other insurance paid higher amounts. Those payment sheets are  legal documents. The health dept sent me a printout of my immunizations which included both jabs. It took me two weeks to get the printout from  Texas. all documents cross reference to the CDC card. If people are concerned about the fake cards they should back it up with other forms of identification that they got the vaccine/vaccines.

I live in NC and was not required to show ID or my insurance card when I got vaccinated. This was at a drive-through mass vaccination clinic. I think this was done in an effort not to deter undocumented immigrants or anyone else without an ID from getting the vaccine. Yes, I had to fill out my name and contact information, but, in theory, I could have sent someone else to get vaccinated in my place. Seems stupid, but some anti-vaxxer might pull a stunt like that. With that kind of system, it’s going to be hard to prove vaccination status. 

• Like 1

Regarding your odds of 2 in 500 people testing positive. This is incorrect. While I was on the ship it was announced that there were 600 passengers and 700 crew members who had been tested also, so the odds are 2 in 1300. Much lower.

7 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

I think they were tested because of some requirement that all passengers be tested three days prior to getting off the ship.  Others can (and some definitely will) correct me if I'm wrong.  😎

Lesson learned?   Stay out of your cabin three days prior to port.  It will take them a day to find you.....

I think the testing requirement was to get back into the U.S.? (like rats of a feather, others can, and probably will, also correct me if I'm wrong 😎).

Edited by texasaggies
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisin07family said:

Color me confused.  Everyone was required to have the vaccine.  The couple in question were asymptomatic.  Why were they tested? 

I guess we won't be cruising for a while yet.  This situation is just nuts.

It was a requirement to enter St. Martin.  Different ports have their own rules