Fine Cut Steakhouse

basenji56

I am looking at the Specialty Dining restaurants for an Edge sailing in September.  Sad that Murano is not part of the Edge.

What are the reviews on the Fine Cut Steakhouse?  I always found Tuscan Grill to be a bit underwhelming for steaks and was wondering if Fine Cut was superior.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We have found the filet at Tuscan to be great, the ribeye not so good.  We enjoyed Fine Cut but found it to be noisy, tables close together.  Not the quiet atmosphere of Murano.

So you wouldn't recommend Fine Cut for a 'special' dinner?  Maybe one of the other restaurants would have more of a 'fine dining' experience?

Fine Cut is a very nice dinner,  we would go again if they have solved the noise problem from the Grand Foyer.  When we were on the Edge in 2019 one wall of Fine Cut was a half wall with the top being open.  Fine Cut is on 5 Grand Foyer is on 3 with the Martini  Bar, live entertainment, lots of people.  The sounds carry up to Deck 5 which can be heard in much of Fine Cut.

We did not try Eden as the menu did not appeal to me.  I have seen the menu for Eden on the new ship,  Beyond, and it is much different that when we were on the Edge.  So you might want to check to see what the Eden menu is on the Edge.

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Fine Cut is a very nice dinner,  we would go again if they have solved the noise problem from the Grand Foyer.  When we were on the Edge in 2019 one wall of Fine Cut was a half wall with the top being open.  Fine Cut is on 5 Grand Foyer is on 3 with the Martini  Bar, live entertainment, lots of people.  The sounds carry up to Deck 5 which can be heard in much of Fine Cut.

We did not try Eden as the menu did not appeal to me.  I have seen the menu for Eden on the new ship,  Beyond, and it is much different that when we were on the Edge.  So you might want to check to see what the Eden menu is on the Edge.

Yes... that was a common complaint on the Edge having some of the dining venues right off the Grand Foyer...especially when they would do the light show at the Martini Bar. Blu has a not as bad but similar situation. The restaurant is pretty much only separated from the hall with a mesh curtain and as its right at the entrance to Eden it can get a bit loud.

Edited by bajathree

The Fine Cut was my favorite. Food and service was great! The noise didn't bother me at all even though I was seated right next to the opening overlooking the martini bar. We also dined at the Petit Chef, Eden, and the rib place up top. 

Fine Cut is a wonderful venue for that “special dinner” or for that new experience vs Murano or Tuscan. When we were on Edge, we booked a reservation for 6:00pm and, in essence, took the noise issue right out of the equation. The food was excellent and the attention to detail was exceptional.

Would we go back…..Absolutely.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I am looking at the Specialty Dining restaurants for an Edge sailing in September.  Sad that Murano is not part of the Edge.

What are the reviews on the Fine Cut Steakhouse?  I always found Tuscan Grill to be a bit underwhelming for steaks and was wondering if Fine Cut was superior.

If you are looking at all of the specialty restaurants, please do not overlook Le Grand Bistro for lunch. When we were on Edge in November 2019, the charge was $20 per person. The menu was diversified and well worth the price.

We went there early in our itinerary and ended up going 3 times during our 9 day cruise. Many people walked away at the entrance once they discovered there was a charge, so crowds were light initially. Once the word got out, the lineups increased. If you waited too long in your decision to “try it”, there was a good chance you didn’t get in.

Just another venue for you to check out.

Randy

1 minute ago, Schmoe38 said:

If you are looking at all of the specialty restaurants, please do not overlook Le Grand Bistro for lunch. When we were on Edge in November 2019, the charge was $20 per person. The menu was diversified and well worth the price.

We went there early in our itinerary and ended up going 3 times during our 9 day cruise. Many people walked away at the entrance once they discovered there was a charge, so crowds were light initially. Once the word got out, the lineups increased. If you waited too long in your decision to “try it”, there was a good chance you didn’t get in.

Just another venue for you to check out.

Randy

Yes!  I did try that one day.  It was very good!  

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I  missed Muranos as well.  Fine Cuts is good for steaks.  I would get a seat closer to the windows and away from the Martini Bar.

I read somewhere that they might be installing glass to cut down the noise from the Martini Bar.  Not sure if that was done.  They sure had the time to do it but who knows about having the money.

11 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

The Fine Cut was my favorite. Food and service was great! The noise didn't bother me at all even though I was seated right next to the opening overlooking the martini bar. We also dined at the Petit Chef, Eden, and the rib place up top. 

How was Eden?  Would you recommend it?

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I  missed Muranos as well.  Fine Cuts is good for steaks.  I would get a seat closer to the windows and away from the Martini Bar.

On Edge our table was on the outside overlooking the Martini Bar.  It was definitely noisy.  But what really bothered us were the rude people crowding around our table taking pictures below of the bartenders doing their "pouring" show.  We asked to be moved.  We got a bit of attitude from the maitre D on our request but he finally found another table for us.  So when making a reservation ask for a table inside away from the commotion.

12 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Fine Cut is a wonderful venue for that “special dinner” or for that new experience vs Murano or Tuscan. When we were on Edge, we booked a reservation for 6:00pm and, in essence, took the noise issue right out of the equation. The food was excellent and the attention to detail was exceptional.

Would we go back…..Absolutely.

Randy

Thx for that....BTW...we're right in your 'neck of the woods'. 

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

How was Eden?  Would you recommend it?

We liked Eden.  I would take a look at the menu and see if there is something that you would enjoy.  Some like it some don't.  Eden for dinner has some very good views.  The entertainment is a little "odd".  Perhaps Celebrity will change it.

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thx for that....BTW...we're right in your 'neck of the woods'. 

I saw that. Did we sail together in the past because your handle is familiar to us and we recall you living close by?

Randy

20 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Same for me but then again all I needed to do was remove my hearing aid. 🤫