Royal Princess March 7 2022 from sydney

dockman

Does anyone have any info as to status of this cruise?  Seems reservations are open on some sites but not on others and Australia also has restrictions re cruises out of syd and hkg also could be a problem for disembarkation?

confusing.

The Prime Minister has said borders will stay closed (ie no outbound or inbound travel unless with an exemption) indefinitely and we are not expecting any relaxation until maybe the middle of 2022. This means no international tourists being allowed to enter. International cruises are blocked for another 3 months and really it is only the supreme optimists who see any of the large lines operating this season. There are a couple of small AU crewed ships who are operating and with incredibly strict COVID test rules but that's all. I wouldn't be planning on cruising here anytime soon.

(That said I do have 2 cruises booked but really don't think they will go ahead and I haven't paid up yet - might pay one and then take the credit and expect the other to be cancelled before final payment. Neither are big money).

Edited by Aussieflyer

I should say that the 3 month ban on cruise lines is a rotating door - 3 months then another 3 months then another and so on so expected to continue after September. Also given the lead time needed to get a ship crewed, provisioned and here - there is not enough time.

Edited by Aussieflyer

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

The Prime Minister has said borders will stay closed (ie no outbound or inbound travel unless with an exemption) indefinitely and we are not expecting any relaxation until maybe the middle of 2022. This means no international tourists being allowed to enter. International cruises are blocked for another 3 months and really it is only the supreme optimists who see any of the large lines operating this season. There are a couple of small AU crewed ships who are operating and with incredibly strict COVID test rules but that's all. I wouldn't be planning on cruising here anytime soon.

(That said I do have 2 cruises booked but really don't think they will go ahead and I haven't paid up yet - might pay one and then take the credit and expect the other to be cancelled before final payment. Neither are big money).

thanks...so doesn't sound too good for a march 7 syd departure....

I just wish Princess would acknowledge this and cancel our January 2022 cruises. I don't know why they drag their feet when it seems obvious the cruises won't be able to sail.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I just wish Princess would acknowledge this and cancel our January 2022 cruises. I don't know why they drag their feet when it seems obvious the cruises won't be able to sail.

I am in (but not on) the same boat, so to speak. I have several Celebrity cruises and one Princess cruise from AUS/NZ in January-April of next year. They obviosly will not sail. I keep reminding myself that if the cruiselines canceled cruises 7-10 months away, it would completely overwhelm their systems. 

I am confident that they have many cruises, involving tens, perhaps hundreds, of thousands of reservations that they know will not sail in the intervening months. 

I tell myself to be patient, then myself tells me to shut up, this is really frustrating. Then I start all over again.

I truly hope that both lines will cancel before final payment dates.

Lots of us the 2022 Island P world cruise are also waiting to see what happens with Australia.  We are supposed to be there for 12 days starting Feb 15.

Does anybody know if NZ is closely following Aust status changes?

On 6/14/2021 at 9:11 AM, Thrak said:

Because unless our government comes out and states that the cruise ship ban will still be in place during our usual cruise season then Princess still has to hope it will be possible.

But even if cruise ships are allowed to operated in Australia that doesn't mean that overseas passengers will be allowed into Australia to go on those cruises. It will be Australians and NZers only. 

1 hour ago, Waynetor said:

Lots of us the 2022 Island P world cruise are also waiting to see what happens with Australia.  We are supposed to be there for 12 days starting Feb 15.

Does anybody know if NZ is closely following Aust status changes?

Ftom what I've seen recently NZ is taking an even tougher stance against cruise ships than Australia.

Furthermore even if cruising does recommence down here I suspect ships will not be allowed to arrive with passengers onboard. They will have to arrive with crew only and only locals will be permitted onboard.

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ftom what I've seen recently NZ is taking an even tougher stance against cruise ships than Australia.

Furthermore even if cruising does recommence down here I suspect ships will not be allowed to arrive with passengers onboard. They will have to arrive with crew only and only locals will be permitted onboard.

That makes it difficult when the cruise ends at the Australian embarkation port.

22 minutes ago, caribill said:

That makes it difficult when the cruise ends at the Australian embarkation port.

It means ships must arrive in Australia empty of pax (crew only) and only take on AU passengers. for domestic cruises. With no international arrivals allowed, in any shape or form without an exemption, the govt is not going to allow International passengers to arrive by ship.

Edited by Aussieflyer

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer said:

It means ships must arrive early and only take on AU passengers. for domestic cruises. With no international arrivals allowed, in any shape or form without an exemption, the govt is not going to allow International passengers to arrive by ship.

My post was an attempt at humor.

• Haha 1