Why doesn't Princess / EZair like Long Beach Airport??

CineGraphic

EZair allows me to fly into LAX on cruise day, but not Long Beach.

They also won't allow you to book a same-day flight out of Long Beach on the day you disembark.

I know Long Beach is a small airport with only 11 gates, but one can get in and out of there pretty quickly, thanks to some of fastest luggage service ever.

It's also much closer to the port than LAX.

Am I missing something? What don't they like about this airport?

Edited by CineGraphic

Could it be there are no flights from LGB to your destination departing late enough that day?

I am departing on the Diamond Princess this December 1st out of San Pedro and if I try to fly into LGB on that day I get a message suggesting I book a day earlier.

I agree with Sillyjilly,  under the EZ Air program; Princess tries to give you a good price; less than if you booked on your own.  Long Beach being small with fewer airlines can't compete with LAX Pricing; so Princess doesn't offer it

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I agree with Sillyjilly,  under the EZ Air program; Princess tries to give you a good price; less than if you booked on your own.  Long Beach being small with fewer airlines can't compete with LAX Pricing; so Princess doesn't offer it

We ended up booking Southwest in & out of Long Beach for our cruise this November.

It was considerably less expensive than anything at LAX, especially with no baggage fees.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We ended up booking Southwest in & out of Long Beach for our cruise this November.

It was considerably less expensive than anything at LAX, especially with no baggage fees.

Boy I gotta say; Southwest has one of the best business models.  Pricing is reasonable; no baggage fees, and the crew make the trips so fun

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I always fly in and out of LGB when cruising out of San Pedro or San Diego.  Since you probably will have a connection no matter what airline you fly, you might want to check out booking two flights:  one to Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, or Denver, and then another to your destination.  You might find better options this way.

• Like 1

I’ve run into a problem entering my independent flights into the Princess Personalizer. We will fly from Dallas Love field to Seattle SeaTac. It takes DAL but changes SEA into Seattle and then gives me an error and says the airport info is invalid. Don’t guess it matters a lot but we do have a Princess transfer and they use the flight info. This is a new problem in the Personalizer to me.