Unable to Change Password after the Data Breach

DesertSailors

After reading about the data breach to Carnaval, Princess, and Holland America, I decided I needed to go in and at least change my passwords.  On the Princess site that option is under the Login Information, I believe. I clicked on that and got the following message:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but this feature is currently not available.  Has anyone been able to successfully change their password today (or recently)?

19 minutes ago, DesertSailors said:

After reading about the data breach to Carnaval, Princess, and Holland America, I decided I needed to go in and at least change my passwords.  On the Princess site that option is under the Login Information, I believe. I clicked on that and got the following message:  We apologize for the inconvenience, but this feature is currently not available.  Has anyone been able to successfully change their password today (or recently)?

I have not been able to sign into Princess for a month now.  Was you actually able to even sign in?

Brother, just what I needed again. 😠 

But I won't worry about it unless an official letter arrives in my mailbox.  

( I was one of the unfortunate souls that was affected by the last one. Got a letter from Carnival Corp regarding that, and nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. Until a few months later when strange emails were threatening to exort me unless I paid $843 in Bitcoin.  

I ignored them, and nothing happened. 

Just ride it out, and wait for an official notification.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DesertSailors said:

What you were trying to do was change your password after you had signed in by going to your profile and editing your Login Information. What you need to do is log out and then click on "Need Help" just under your Login ID and Password and then follow the directions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billco said:

What you were trying to do was change your password after you had signed in by going to your profile and editing your Login Information. What you need to do is log out and then click on "Need Help" just under your Login ID and Password and then follow the directions.

That is what I was looking for ~ thank you!

• Like 1

Am just recently finding out about data breach!  Maybe that's why have not been able to sign in for almost a month! Seems Princess should have let folks know about this!  Today had same issue as "maxcat910"...I attempted to sign-in, but could not - so used the "need help" setting and it let me reset password - but none of my info appears...it's like setting up a new account.  Hope entire history of sailing with Princess not lost!

43 minutes ago, Gogoddess5 said:

Am just recently finding out about data breach!  Maybe that's why have not been able to sign in for almost a month! Seems Princess should have let folks know about this!  Today had same issue as "maxcat910"...I attempted to sign-in, but could not - so used the "need help" setting and it let me reset password - but none of my info appears...it's like setting up a new account.  Hope entire history of sailing with Princess not lost!

This has been happening to me for a month. Not going to add the info again because I read that if you do, a new account is created.  I am able to go in with my booking numbers.

I am getting tired of all these data breeches.  Having already been a victim of identity theft, I have shut down all credit on the big three bureaus.  Hopefully, they are going to offer free monitoring for a year to all who may have been affected.  It is really scary when all your information is out there.  And a headache getting it all rectified when something happens. 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, KreinKrunker said:

This happened in March, may be too late to change password.

Sometimes it even takes a few years after a breach before the data actually gets used. Or so I've read in multiple places. Given that, I wouldn't think it's too late to change passwords now.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, Sprocket said:

Did you try the forgot password option?  I got an alert last week when I tried to sign in that they had been compromised, so I closed my browser and went back in and changed it.

Thanks Sprocket. Yes, that is what I did, but now I have 2 ?accounts? with the same login and email address! The forgot my password led me to set a new password that automatically put in some of my husband's partial info and says I should now complete that registration.

When I used the other data breached password, with the same login and email, it still has my info, but how do I preserve my info while setting a new password for it?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.