Back onboard - 19 June - 7 nights

Stu UK

Back on today. Only 300 boarding at Southampton. Arrived at 10:45 and drink in hand by pool at 11:20. Greenock has been substituted with Belfast, only one excursion there a coach tour of city. Worrying app says we disembark  in Liverpool!!

Edited by Stu UK
  • Like 1

• Stu UK changed the title to Back onboard - 19 June - 7 nights
22 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Back on today. Only 300 boarding at Southampton. Arrived at 10:45 and drink in hand by pool at 11:20. Greenock has been substituted with Belfast, only one excursion there a coach tour of city. Worrying app says we disembark  in Liverpool!!

Have a wonderful time (again).

I’m waiting to see if we’re included in the first 1000 for the 17 July cruise. I’ve been following all the reviews and getting excited, so fingers crossed we are allowed to go.

8 hours ago, leojagpreet said:

Hi Stu, can you please check if they are showing F1 race tomorrow & euro 2020 matches?

Lastly do you get any mobile signal if not near port?

Thanks

Euro matches yes. Not seen F1 mentioned. Mobile signal away from port irratic. 

10 hours ago, leojagpreet said:

Hi Stu, can you please check if they are showing F1 race tomorrow & euro 2020 matches?

Thanks

They showed a Grand Prix by the pool. No sound. Think it was in the pub too.

No you do not get a uk mobile signal at sea… very expensive so turn data roaming off! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

They showed a Grand Prix by the pool. No sound. Think it was in the pub too.

No you do not get a uk mobile signal at sea… very expensive so turn data roaming off! 

On the Southampton/Portland/Liverpool/Belfast/Southampton  I found that my EE signal (4G)  sufficed for web browsing ,  their were very few occasions on which I lost a signal .  On some occasions swapping Port/Starboard sides brought back a signal.  If lost it was only for a few hours .

Euro matches being shown selected venues on board, TV Studio Bar/ Pub and in Pool Area on large screen but with no sound.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LifeonMars said:

On the Southampton/Portland/Liverpool/Belfast/Southampton  I found that my EE signal (4G)  sufficed for web browsing ,  their were very few occasions on which I lost a signal .  On some occasions swapping Port/Starboard sides brought back a signal.  If lost it was only for a few hours .

Euro matches being shown selected venues on board, TV Studio Bar/ Pub and in Pool Area on large screen but with no sound.

We had the England V Croatia game with sound on the pool big screen.  It was a glorious sunny afternoon, able to watch the match both in or out of the pool and with fantastic drink service to boot!

Oh how I'd love to be back onboard.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leojagpreet said:

Thanks

2 weeks ago F1 was shown in the pub. It was not ideal. small screens behind the bar with no sound and we were not allowed to sit/stand at the bar. 

The football is being shown on the pool deck without sound apart from the England games which has sound. 

You can also see games with sound in the TV lounge and pub or in your state rooms which have BBC1 and ITV1. 

12CC7D53-B7EA-40E6-AE09-454C8E0B7EB2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:59 AM, LifeonMars said:

I also found EE worked for most of the cruise (12-19 June). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Hi! Are you noticing any changes from your first time on her? 

Main one is it’s even quieter with under 600 passengers. New cruise director takes over today. Different acts an impressionist rather than comedian and far better weather 🥳

Edited by Stu UK
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Main one is it’s even quieter with under 600 passengers. New cruise director takes over today. Different acts an impressionist rather than comedian and far better weather 🥳

I was underwhelmed by the old CD I must say! 

Shame about the comedian (not)!  Although tbh we never went to see him as his reputation precedes him!

Enjoy the weather!