Freedom of the Seas

I am hoping all goes well with Freedom. From M. Bayley:

1h  · 
Why are we doing Simulated Sailings ?
Royal Caribbean International is pursuing one of two pathways laid out by the CDC to get back to cruising. A requirement is that U.S-based ships conduct simulation cruises to test health and safety protocols if the cruise line expects to return to sailing with under 95% vaccinated guests or crew. As a family brand, Royal Caribbean typically sails with 10 percent of our guests under 12 years old, and today, they are ineligible for the vaccine. We are committed to continuing to deliver memorable vacations to families and that is why we are conducting simulated cruises.
When we set sail again in the U.S., our crew will be fully vaccinated and our health protocols include a vaccination policy for all of our guests, which are:
• Cruises departing from all U.S. ports (except Florida ports): All guests 16 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, and from Aug. 1, all guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. Younger travelers not yet eligible for the vaccine will be able to sail with a negative test result and must follow our protocols.
• Cruises departing from Florida ports: We strongly recommend all guests eligible for the vaccine be fully vaccinated. Travelers eligible but not fully vaccinated or able to show proof of vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols at their own expense. Children not eligible for vaccines will be tested at no cost.
Adventure of the Seas, Royal Caribbean’s first ship back in service in the North American market has begun sailing from The Bahamas to the Caribbean and set sail today on its second cruise with fully vaccinated crew and 92% vaccinated guests on board, with the remaining 8% being children not eligible for the vaccine.
This is our current policy and we fully expect this will change in the coming weeks and months.
Freedom of Seas departing Miami today on its simulated voyage !
  • Like 2

Chances of problems occuring during a test cruise will almost 100% vaccinated is not going to be a problem, it's going to be when Florida allows unvaccinated passengers on the cruise ships.

You can bet that test cruise had mostly vaccinated volunteers because they wanted the test cruise to go well.

These test cruises are going to show very little as to what a cruise will look like once cruises start up from Florida.

The cruiseline showed last week they know how to run a vaccinated cruise by what they did on Adventure of the Seas. Just carrying over those same protocols though most likley won't work on a cruise with lot of unvaccinated passengers onboard.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Chances of problems occuring during a test cruise will almost 100% vaccinated is not going to be a problem, it's going to be when Florida allows unvaccinated passengers on the cruise ships.

You can bet that test cruise had mostly vaccinated volunteers because they wanted the test cruise to go well.

These test cruises are going to show very little as to what a cruise will look like once cruises start up from Florida.

The cruiseline showed last week they know how to run a vaccinated cruise by what they did on Adventure of the Seas. Just carrying over those same protocols though most likley won't work on a cruise with lot of unvaccinated passengers onboard.

Can you just stay away from Embarking in Florida and go where the vaccinations are required?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Can you just stay away from Embarking in Florida and go where the vaccinations are required?

Sure people can but some people are fixated they must just sail from Florida.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

Yea...I understand.  We loved sailing from Florida...would always spend an extra day.  I'm bummed.  I guess I have to figure out other ways.  I'm gonna miss FL.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And some of us who are physically unable to fly find Florida to be a good place to live if you like to cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

And some of us who are physically unable to fly find Florida to be a good place to live if you like to cruise.

Understand completely, so would you rather cruise with ALL vaccinated passengers ? or are you okay with cruising with unvaccinated passengers? If you are not okay, I guess then you can just thank your Governor for putting the cruiselines in that position.

Governor not leaving it up to the cruiselines..............

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

I can understand that too....but don't the majority of the people that cruise from Florida fly in from elsewhere?  If you live there and agree with the law, I say more power to you, bon voyage.  This will give me chances to try different ports other than Florida.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Understand completely, so would you rather cruise with ALL vaccinated passengers ? or are you okay with cruising with unvaccinated passengers? If you are not okay, I guess then you can just thank your Governor for putting the cruiselines in that position.

Governor not leaving it up to the cruiselines..............

3 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

I can understand that too....but don't the majority of the people that cruise from Florida fly in from elsewhere?  If you live there and agree with the law, I say more power to you, bon voyage.  This will give me chances to try different ports other than Florida.

Actually, we are very happy to sail from Florida with whomever is on board with us. We look at life this way: you can either change your plans or change your attitude. Those who allow their attitude towards a particular person or policy to dictate how they lead their lives have made a free and conscious choice. They are welcome to live with that choice. They are not, however, entitled to hold their choice over anyone else's head so they can justify their own decisions.

• Like 8

Just now, orville99 said:

Actually, we are very happy to sail from Florida with whomever is on board with us. We look at life this way: you can either change your plans or change your attitude. Those who allow their attitude towards a particular person or policy to dictate how they lead their lives have made a free and conscious choice. They are welcome to live with that choice. They are not, however, entitled to hold their choice over anyone else's head so they can justify their own decisions.

I haven't seen anyone force anything on anyone....even RCCL adjusted their rules for Florida...hence why I won't be sailing from there. However, if your good with it...I'm happy for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, delliemd said:

So I think after Royal C decided to cruise from Fl.many others will follow.

Doesn't make  it wise decision no matter how many follow........the more that follow and if there is an issue again will shut them ALL down again, you can lay money on that happening if there is an issue again.

Hope it works out for all, but i wouldn't count  on it.

If you want to cruise again from Florida right now, I suggest doing it the sooner the better if you just have to cruise from Florida, because it may not be available later.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not holding it over your head, you can do what you want. Good luck with your decision. Hope it works out well for you and others.

7 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

I haven't seen anyone force anything on anyone....even RCCL adjusted their rules for Florida...hence why I won't be sailing from there. However, if your good with it...I'm happy for you.

Hope that Gov. Murphy intercedes on your behalf, because if he stays silent, RCL will be free to impose the same rules for NJ sailings that they have in place for Washington sailings.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't make  it wise decision no matter how many follow........the more that follow and if there is an issue again will shut them ALL down again, you can lay money on that happening if there is an issue again.

Hope it works out for all, but i wouldn't count  on it.

If you want to cruise again from Florida right now, I suggest doing it the sooner the better if you just have to cruise from Florida, because it may not be available later.

That is what concerns me.  I just hope if there is an issue in Florida....and I pray not, that it wont affect the whole line.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not holding it over your head, you can do what you want. Good luck with your decision. Hope it works out well for you and others.

And yet you consistently browbeat anyone and everyone who disagrees with your position. You are free to have your own opinion. You just have no right to impose your opinion on others. I sincerely hope you find somewhere to cruise from that matches your world view.

• Like 4