NCL Epic Thermal Suite Pass Price

SpainAlien

Looking at MyNCL for my next trip on Epic the Thermal Suite Pass shows at $139 but has two dates, the first is from 6.01pm on  boarding day the second is at 7.01pm three days later is this a mistake or is it really $278 for the week?

Based upon other posts about this topic, I think that the dates are when it is "delivered" to you- you can pick either one (why one would pick halfway through the cruise, I don't know). But other posters are saying that the $139 is the cost of the pass for the week.   Just in case something has changed from the before times, I'd just call NCL and verify.     

I'm waiting to be allowed to purchase the thermal suite pass for my cruise- I don't have pricing yet and won't be able to purchase for another month.  

• Like 1

If it's really only $139 for the week vs the $199 or $299 (?) I've seen for some other ships, then why is the cost of a Spa Balcony (B9) cabin so much more expensive than a standard balcony cabin? 

1904789079_EPICpricing.thumb.png.f67fa50958f81ee470d13eeecdcf61f5.png

Edited by Carolina Girl 99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

If it's really only $139 for the week vs the $199 or $299 (?) I've seen for some other ships, then why is the cost of a Spa Balcony (B9) cabin so much more expensive than a standard balcony cabin? 

That might be a spa club balcony?

9 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I believe the Spa Balcony cabins are all close to the spa area, or at least on the same deck.  

6 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

That might be a spa club balcony?

I took a closer look this morning as the system was down for maintenance last night-

The December date was in fact for a Spa Club balcony

The January date was for Haven as every other category was sold out

The February date was a Sailaway balcony vs a Spa balcony. Balcony BF is $1490 vs a B9 at $1875, so still a $385 difference, making it more than $139 pp to just buy a thermal pass

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I took a closer look this morning as the system was down for maintenance last night-

The December date was in fact for a Spa Club balcony

The January date was for Haven as every other category was sold out

The February date was a Sailaway balcony vs a Spa balcony. Balcony BF is $1490 vs a B9 at $1875, so still a $385 difference, making it more than $139 pp to just buy a thermal pass

All of my comments are going to be based on all the comments I’ve read on this topic by others posters, some of whom have experience with this topic. 
The pricing for the spa balcony rooms seems to be partly due to location as well as additional amenities, such as an upgraded shower in the room as well as nicer toiletries. Various people have commented that they would prefer to get a different room and buy the weekly thermal pass because it is, indeed, cheaper to do so than to get a spa balcony.

I think calling NCL will clear up the confusion- I tried calling a week ago to get pricing on my sailing in Nov, but it’s not available yet.

Edited by caitlynambrai

So I had exactly the same thing so I asked on online chat and was told it was for the week. I can only assume the two dates were a glitch as there are two embarkation ports - Barcelona and Rome as the dates coincided with those days. I am hoping everything will be open. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigjcruiser said:

So I had exactly the same thing so I asked on online chat and was told it was for the week. I can only assume the two dates were a glitch as there are two embarkation ports - Barcelona and Rome as the dates coincided with those days. I am hoping everything will be open. 

I do hope you're right

2 hours ago, WorkNCruise said:

For what its worth the Encore weekly Spa Pass was $498.00 for 2 people on the 9/4 Sailing which I am on.  In the past I could book it online but in this case I had to call and book it.

Spa.PNG

Floors me that yours is more than double mine. We don't have any sea days, so that is the only thing I can think of.

I managed to book mine online, but it took a few tries. Now it says not available to book, and I don't think that is because I already booked.

2 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Floors me that yours is more than double mine. We don't have any sea days, so that is the only thing I can think of.

I managed to book mine online, but it took a few tries. Now it says not available to book, and I don't think that is because I already booked.

I think you jumped on it just in time before it sold out. Congratulations!!

I confirmed with an NCL agent that the $139 for the spa pass on a late September sailing on the Epic was for the full week before purchasing.   It is also clearly indicated on my paid invoice.      

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, SpainAlien said:

Looking at MyNCL for my next trip on Epic the Thermal Suite Pass shows at $139 but has two dates, the first is from 6.01pm on  boarding day the second is at 7.01pm three days later is this a mistake or is it really $278 for the week?

The reason for the two dates is that your boarding day is the first one, the second date is for those embarking three days later in Rome as the Epic boards/disembarks at both Barcelona and Rome on the same cruises.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, bigal4444 said:

I have a cruise on the 6 Aug for 7 days on the Norwegian Getaway and according to the NCL app the thermal suite pass is $299 per person. Why are they trying to rob loyal customers?

Since this is your first post in 4 years, please be aware that bumping a very old post puts out a lot of old and outdated information.

The $299 price is what they have been charging for thermal suites on some of the big ships for a while. It's nothing new. If fact, it was over $300 on the Encore a couple of months ago. Kinda like $5.50 for a gallon of gas. 

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a day pass? Our upcoming sailing is for the Epic, in December, and they're asking $319 pp. That comes to roughly $30/day plus the 18% gratuity. I'm not interested in it at that price. But I wouldn't mind going a few times during the week and just paying for a day. Given that we paid $139 pp for a week on the Gem last year (which works out to just over $19/day), this is nearly double and I'm not paying that.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jamesatgsu said:

May i ask how long is your cruise? we booked our spa pass on the Escape in November 399 each for 16 days. Is the most expensive spa pass we have ever paid for.