Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Generally, you can do this.  If you see your steward, just let them know all you are doing is dropping off in the closet.  Sometimes, it has been reported that deck doors are closed in the lobbies of each deck.  But I think that is rare as B2B guests will have access to their cabins.  Best to drop and take off if cabins are not available.  If you do see your steward, they might mention when they think will be done (they will see you are an early boarder versus some of their other cabins).

I was hoping Princess changed and followed Celebrity's lead. But that's cool as when we cruise with RC we have to wait until the general announcement. No biggie. Thanks for the suggestions. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hardly the situation at all: 

Luddite:  “Luddite” is now a blanket term used to describe people who dislike new technology

I think you were pretty clear about that.

ETA:  But I do apologize for any offense.

Thanks for educating me on this new term. I try to learn a new word each day. This is mine for today!

Peace!

14 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

Thanks for educating me on this new term. I try to learn a new word each day. This is mine for today!

Peace!

For some reason (I was not notified), my post and one or two others are now gone from this thread and yet there are multiple times that posters have referred to themselves or fellow cruisers/companions as luddites - relating to the technology.  I imagine the poster involved complained as he did reply having taken offense thinking of some other meaning.  I suppose something like "technology-challenged" is a new-speak term that would play better. 

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, Steelers36 said:

For some reason (I was not notified), my post and one or two others are now gone from this thread and yet there are multiple times that posters have referred to themselves or fellow cruisers/companions as luddites - relating to the technology.  I imagine the poster involved complained as he did reply having taken offense thinking of some other meaning.  I suppose something like "technology-challenged" is a new-speak term that would play better. 

OMG, did you "call someone a name"?  I think if someone referred to me by a noun I was unfamiliar with, I'd look it up before being offended.  But then, some people are looking for reasons to be offended I suppose.  Luddite has been around a very long time to refer to someone who's behind the times.  Perhaps it has a shaky origin??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

OMG, did you "call someone a name"?  I think if someone referred to me by a noun I was unfamiliar with, I'd look it up before being offended.  But then, some people are looking for reasons to be offended I suppose.  Luddite has been around a very long time to refer to someone who's behind the times.  Perhaps it has a shaky origin??

It is truly unfortunate that I came here LEGITIMATELY asking questions only to be shot down and, yes, insulted. I expected more from this board. I THOUGHT I could find answers to real questions....guess not.  I left high school decades ago, it is quite obvious many here did not. 

5 hours ago, 659fcs said:

It is truly unfortunate that I came here LEGITIMATELY asking questions only to be shot down and, yes, insulted. I expected more from this board. I THOUGHT I could find answers to real questions....guess not.  I left high school decades ago, it is quite obvious many here did not. 

Let there be peace on earth....and let it begin with me....and each of us!

Peace!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, davekathy said:

I elected to pick up our medallions at the embarkation port and have our pictures taken at that time for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. We haven't cruised with princess since 2010. Side question, can we go directly to our staterooms once we board the ship to drop off our carry on(s) and then leave until the general announcement is made that the staterooms are ready? 

We were unable to drop our hand luggage off in our stateroom on our July Regal cruise out of Southampton.  The staterooms were ready around 1 pm.  

9 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

We were unable to drop our hand luggage off in our stateroom on our July Regal cruise out of Southampton.  The staterooms were ready around 1 pm.  

How we you prevented?  Closed doors at elevator lobbies?

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, doors closed with notes on them, so we didn’t explore further. It wasn’t a big deal.  Just sharing information for someone asking.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Regarding the APP, some of the information on princess web indicates that we can speed up boarding if we have a QR code for our reservation. I've looked around the APP, and I cannot see where you get such a code.

We were on a March cruise on Princess, and noticed that some of the passengers getting into line were waving their phones around, and being scanned by shore personnel. I have to assume they had some QR code. Of course, we didn't. Now, the different "lines" (green, blue, puce, black, etc) have changed again, and we are getting conflicting information about them.

Anyway, someone familiar with the QR codes from the APP for checkin purposes?

50 minutes ago, bobnsandi said:

Regarding the APP, some of the information on princess web indicates that we can speed up boarding if we have a QR code for our reservation. I've looked around the APP, and I cannot see where you get such a code.

We were on a March cruise on Princess, and noticed that some of the passengers getting into line were waving their phones around, and being scanned by shore personnel. I have to assume they had some QR code. Of course, we didn't. Now, the different "lines" (green, blue, puce, black, etc) have changed again, and we are getting conflicting information about them.

Anyway, someone familiar with the QR codes from the APP for checkin purposes?

When is your next voyage?  Because the whole check-in screen content and look/feel is changing - supposedly on or after tomorrow (Aug 1).  Who knows for certain when IT is doing the roll-out?  I would wait until then and try the new one.  

The other thing to note is that you shouldn't see a QR code nor the new check-in screen until about 11 days ahead of your voyage date.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

When is your next voyage?  Because the whole check-in screen content and look/feel is changing - supposedly on or after tomorrow (Aug 1).  Who knows for certain when IT is doing the roll-out?  I would wait until then and try the new one.  

The other thing to note is that you shouldn't see a QR code nor the new check-in screen until about 11 days ahead of your voyage date.

Sorry for not being specific. We sail August 14 from New York. It is obvious that everything is changing, and it is also obvious that IT is not keeping up at all. Much conflicting information between the 3 formats (APP, Web on computer, Web on phone). It's as if there are 3 separate databases that aren't talking to one another.

Just an aside, we are Elite and used to have our own checkin line. Unclear what we'll see at the port on the 14th.

Thanks for suggesting that we wait for the 11 day advance of the voyage. (I wonder where they mention that on the princess website? I was not aware of that time window.)

1 minute ago, bobnsandi said:

Thanks for suggesting that we wait for the 11 day advance of the voyage. (I wonder where they mention that on the princess website? I was not aware of that time window.)

It was part of the PCL announcements on July 13 concerning App boarding information and line processing.  One of the big impacts is guests supposedly have to have Medallion in-hand (i.e. delivered in advance) in order to be in Green Lane on the App.  This is a change as guest could be in GL if as long as ordered Medallion to the pier terminal for pick-up.  There have been reports already from Florida that no priority line outside the terminal building before doors open.  Seems odd to me.

Anyway, if you are an early arriver cruise type, you get checked in and still sit in the Elite/Suite waiting area and do get onto the ship first.  If arrive after boarding has opened, then you just stream onto the ship anyway and priority doesn't mean as much.  It will be interesting to see how this is handled at various ports and if PCL makes more adjustments.  (Personally, IDK why they had to change what they had going unless it was all about encouraging guests to pay for shipping or book a package).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

I hope I am staying on topic, but is anyone else having problems getting their check in photo accepted on the app?

Yes.  I've wasted enough time with the app and will just get things done at the pier.  I think Princess has enough information on me to complete the process and hand me a fully functional medallion.  Being Canadian, had to pick it up anyway.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 4

My cruise mysteriously disappeared off the app 6 weeks ago. When we try to "+ Add Journey" it tells me the cruise does not exist. The cruise still shows up on the Princess web site and they assure me I am still booked. The funny part is that it happened to my sister as well who is on the same cruise. Numerous phone calls and waiting (a number of 3-5 business days) with no resolution from their techies.  Last time we called, they seemed frustrated with us because we called back on the 5th business day to check on the status. I guess they needed a couple more hours... on top of the six weeks... and it still isn't fixed... so another 3-5 business days.  Good news, we still have some time before the cruise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Yes.  I've wasted enough time with the app and will just get things done at the pier.  I think Princess has enough information on me to complete the process and hand me a fully functional medallion.  Being Canadian, had to pick it up anyway.

Thanks.

Maybe it will be able to do it closer to the cruise which is a little less than a year away.

Strangely enough, I am able to get my chosen profile picture added. Just wish I could get that same photo to stick for boarding and security.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tinknock50 said:

Thanks.

Maybe it will be able to do it closer to the cruise which is a little less than a year away.

Strangely enough, I am able to get my chosen profile picture added. Just wish I could get that same photo to stick for boarding and security.

You can have any old picture for a profile, mine is of my cat. They are much more strict about the security one they seem to want head shots. I grew a beard between cruises and they took a picture at embarkation

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can have any old picture for a profile, mine is of my cat. They are much more strict about the security one they seem to want head shots. I grew a beard between cruises and they took a picture at embarkation

Embarking the Majestic a couple of weeks ago, about half of our family had their security pic retaken as we first scanned our medallion on the ship. Took an extra 5 seconds to complete the embarkation. They're really looking for a headshot only, that looks like you currently do, as you are boarding. They were really looking closely at us and our pic every time we reboarded. I'm glad to see the increased scrutiny and security as we boarded.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread as everyone is so knowledgeable and provides such good information. I haven't been here for a long time, but this is my query -

With the medallion app there's a field for emergency contact, and a check box to apply the contact details to all passengers on the booking, defaulting to checked. All well and good for couples and families. I travel with a friend, we live in different cities and have different emergency contact people.

If I enter my emergency contact info and uncheck the apply to all box and save, it still applies my emergency contact info to my travel companion. He then goes into his medallion app, changes the emergency contact person, unchecks apply to all and saves, and it changes my details. This was happening a year ago and is still happening to newly booked voyages. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance 😊

9 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread as everyone is so knowledgeable and provides such good information. I haven't been here for a long time, but this is my query -

With the medallion app there's a field for emergency contact, and a check box to apply the contact details to all passengers on the booking, defaulting to checked. All well and good for couples and families. I travel with a friend, we live in different cities and have different emergency contact people.

If I enter my emergency contact info and uncheck the apply to all box and save, it still applies my emergency contact info to my travel companion. He then goes into his medallion app, changes the emergency contact person, unchecks apply to all and saves, and it changes my details. This was happening a year ago and is still happening to newly booked voyages. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance 😊

SMH (at Princess OCEAN IT Team yet again).

I do recall this behavior, but when setting up my wife, it didn't go back and change me as well, IIRC.  

We setup each of our brothers for the EC info in case one isn't reached.  I am pretty sure I managed to do it over a year ago.  Cannot tell you other than to either call in for technical support on the App, or send an email with your issue, plus booking number, to:

A360ad7@Carnival.com

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jean C said:

We have a similar issue, but with birthdates. I am traveling with my husband for a transatlantic.  Then he is getting off the ship and my best friend is joinining me for a 7 day cruise. I got to keep the same cabin. Yay. The glitch is that when I put in hubby's birthdate, it applies to my friend's birthdate and when I change one, the other changes. So basically, they seem to have the same birthdate. On our invoice, all is good. IT cannot seem to fix the issue with the app.

• Thanks 1