Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

As @Thrakmentioned, send a message to IT.  I have been answered about App issues also. In fact, I recommended this for urgent App fixes.

In the subject field please put “Urgent”  Sailing: “March 5, 2023”

Give your:

Full name

Sail date and Ship name

Booking Number

Explain what you have been going through and you need someone to fix this on the App.

Do not use the Link button.  It can cause more issues and do not reregister ever.

Did you try to not use your user name and password…just log into the App with your name and booking number?

First sign out of the website and the App.

This is a copy and paste from the initial response I received when I sent my issue to that address. Here is what they asked for as "additional information":

Full Name on Reservation:

Booking Number:

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:

Operating System on Device:

Edit: This was also included at the bottom of the email

MedallionClass Support Team

Customer Service Center:

844/525-0942 (Mon-Fri) or 1-800/774-6237 (Weekends)

The email address once again was: A360ad7@carnival.com

Edited by Thrak

34 minutes ago, J5's Grandad said:

We have 30 cruises on Princess and the Ocean Medallion app worked well until our last cruise in November 2022.  I could never get it to work to enter our Ocean Ready information.  I had many conversations with support and was escalated to supervisors who were never able to solve the problem.  They would tell me they would get it fixed and call me back.  That never happened despite assurances they I would definitely without fail call.  I must have been lied to a dozen times  I wanted to get this done so our medallions could be mailed to us as they had been in the past.  Finally time ran out and we had to pick them up at the port.

Now I am faced with the same problem for a cruise departing March 5th.  When I open the app it tells me my cruise is sailing in 38 days and knows my name.  When I try to link it to my booking, it fails.  I've called support and the "navigator" can't seem to bring up my information when given my booking number.  This makes me think the problem is not with the app itself but something on the back end.  The "navigator" said he would look into the problem and call me back.  Unsurprisingly, that never happened.  I called yesterday and received the message, "If you would like the system to save your place in line and call you back when a navigator is available, please press 1.  Otherwise please remain on the line and a navigator will answer your call as soon as possible."  Naively, I pressed one and followed the instruction to get a call back.  Again, unsurprisingly, I never got a call back.

Today I decided to remain on the line and have been on hold for 40 minutes.  I'm not optimistic that I will ever speak to someone with the competence to solve the issue.  We have been loyal to Princess for years but it is time to rethink that.  We've cancelled two Princess cruises we booked for the fall and have booked instead with Viking Ocean cruises.  I've lost confidence that Princess will ever be the fine line it once was.

Also, you can order your Medallion’s on the website version and many other things, if that is your main concern.

Give it a try.

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This is a copy and paste from the initial response I received when I sent my issue to that address. Here is what they asked for as "additional information":

Full Name on Reservation:

Booking Number:

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:

Operating System on Device:

Edit: This was also included at the bottom of the email

MedallionClass Support Team

Customer Service Center:

844/525-0942 (Mon-Fri) or 1-800/774-6237 (Weekends)

The email address once again was: A360ad7@carnival.com

Yes, thanks for that.  Some may be using devices not compatible with the App.

I usually report issues folks are having, like multiple complaints with MedallionNet, DMW etc.  So, not my issues, but others. They do work on it, and follow up, saying they are trying to correct it. Good responses.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

the "link my booking" thing simply doesn't work - for anybody - ever.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do not use the Link button.  It can cause more issues and do not reregister ever.

ABSOLUTELY!! Never attempt to use the link booking option.  It should not even be there for guests.

2 hours ago, J5's Grandad said:

We have 30 cruises on Princess and the Ocean Medallion app worked well until our last cruise in November 2022.  I could never get it to work to enter our Ocean Ready information.  I had many conversations with support and was escalated to supervisors who were never able to solve the problem.  They would tell me they would get it fixed and call me back.  That never happened despite assurances they I would definitely without fail call.  I must have been lied to a dozen times  I wanted to get this done so our medallions could be mailed to us as they had been in the past.  Finally time ran out and we had to pick them up at the port.

Now I am faced with the same problem for a cruise departing March 5th.  When I open the app it tells me my cruise is sailing in 38 days and knows my name.  When I try to link it to my booking, it fails.  I've called support and the "navigator" can't seem to bring up my information when given my booking number.  This makes me think the problem is not with the app itself but something on the back end.  The "navigator" said he would look into the problem and call me back.  Unsurprisingly, that never happened.  I called yesterday and received the message, "If you would like the system to save your place in line and call you back when a navigator is available, please press 1.  Otherwise please remain on the line and a navigator will answer your call as soon as possible."  Naively, I pressed one and followed the instruction to get a call back.  Again, unsurprisingly, I never got a call back.

Today I decided to remain on the line and have been on hold for 40 minutes.  I'm not optimistic that I will ever speak to someone with the competence to solve the issue.  We have been loyal to Princess for years but it is time to rethink that.  We've cancelled two Princess cruises we booked for the fall and have booked instead with Viking Ocean cruises.  I've lost confidence that Princess will ever be the fine line it once was.

“I've lost confidence that Princess will ever be the fine line it once was”. Totally agree. I have heard other cruise lines are the same. 

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We have a B2B2B booked for this fall. As usual, it only shows the initial cruise under your profile in the app but normally they are all there if you book dining. In my case the second and third segments weren't available in the app or the online version. I logged out of the app and then logged back in using the booking number of the second app rather than using my user name and password. Voila! All segments were now available to book dining. I logged back off and then logged in again with user name and password and everything was as it should be.

No this is the odd part. The back to back 4 day Vancouver to Seattle and then Seattle round trip Hawaii. Only the 2nd one shows up on the app. Doesn’t matter what booking number I log in with. Will wait and see

49 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just noticed I posted my "smoking in Mexico" post in the wrong forum. D'Oh! Meant to put that in the smoking thread. Don't know what happened. Must have been a senior moment.

I had to laugh when I saw it.  I get carried away and have those great moments. 😆

22 hours ago, Getandgo said:

We were on the Sky Dec 10, 2022 cruise and the medallion was basically unusable.  It worked to open the door and getting on and off the ship.  We gave up trying to order drinks.   We just ordered from the directly from the staff or at the bar.  The prior two cruises, they worked great.

Richard

That's really funny the different experiences people have with the Medallion app. We were also on the Sky Dec 10th as our second leg. We had no problems ordering drinks or room service. We even ordered room service from Crown Grill and had a great experience. Too bad Princess can not figure out the why to these issues some people sporadically seem to experience. I understand your frustration!

Just wanted to add a positive note. I called when I had trouble with app a week ago chose the option to have them call me instead of waiting on hold and got a call back about 30 minutes later. Very nice person told me to delete the app reinstall and log in with booking number not password and that was the fix.  All is working great for my upcoming cruise in March! So very happy with Princess but understand the frustration when it’s not working for you.

7 hours ago, teacherplus said:

Just wanted to add a positive note. I called when I had trouble with app a week ago chose the option to have them call me instead of waiting on hold and got a call back about 30 minutes later. Very nice person told me to delete the app reinstall and log in with booking number not password and that was the fix.  All is working great for my upcoming cruise in March! So very happy with Princess but understand the frustration when it’s not working for you.

I tried to delete, add again, log. back in--NOPE!

I used the app for 4 cruises from July-Oct with zero issues.

Now I am trying to check in for my March cruise & only get server errors.

Of course there is NO way to check in online. 

GRRRRRRR...

1 hour ago, KKB said:

GRRRRRRR...

Did you try to sign in using your booking number instead of your email and password?

If that doesn’t work:

Did You try the web version of the App to check in?

Cruise personalizer 

Check in

You’ll see the Google bar for the app download…

right below that ”Try our website version”

(blue hyperlink)

Don’t try to link any booking or reregister, just causes problems.  Use your booking number and name DOB to log in on the website.

If that doesn’t work on the website try your partner’s name, dob & booking number instead of yours.  Works sometimes.

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you try to sign in using your booking number instead of your email and password?

If that doesn’t work:

Did You try the web version of the App to check in?

Cruise personalizer 

Check in

You’ll see the Google bar for the app download…

right below that ”Try our website version”

(blue hyperlink)

Don’t try to link any booking or reregister, just causes problems.  Use your booking number and name DOB to log in on the website.

If that doesn’t work on the website try your partner’s name, dob & booking number instead of yours.  Works sometimes.

This SORT of worked...(and just me on this sailing).

I managed to accept the conditions so went from blue to green lane.

But not able to pick time to arrive.

Oh, well, I'll show up early like I prefer to!

20 minutes ago, KKB said:

This SORT of worked...(and just me on this sailing).

I managed to accept the conditions so went from blue to green lane.

But not able to pick time to arrive.

Oh, well, I'll show up early like I prefer to!

It sort of worked on the website version?

The arrival groups are loaded 59 days to 12 days from sailing on the App.  

Glad you’re green now.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It sort of worked on the website version?

The arrival groups are loaded 59 days to 12 days from sailing on the App.  

Glad you’re green now.

yes we are under 60 days...others on our sailing have been able to choose an arrival time.

On 1/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, KKB said:

GRRRRRRR...

I posted a while back about a serious issue we were having with the Medallion App.  I got a very quick response from a Princess contractor that eventually solved (so far) the problem.  I was very happy with the attention Princess gave to the problem.  It apparently required some trouble shooting and tweek to the program to repair.  Initially we still had the problem on my wife's iPhone.  The contractor asked us to perform the following on her iPhone and iPad.

"... log out of app on any device you are using, reboot  your device and log back in to the app, this should remove any phantom cache, which could be the culprit. Should it continue the next step would be go to settings and for Android [optimize device] go through the steps to do so. For Apple go to general, then iPhone storage, then app and off load app, then reinstate app. The next step would be to delete the app entirely and reinstall fresh from the app store."

To solve the problem we needed to go to the second step.  The key was to 'off load' (an option that appears) the app.  After following these steps the app worked just fine.  My computer experience is limited to hand crank Monroe calculators (for the less mature Google it).  But I assume there is a cache associated with the app that needs to be deleted and 'off loading' the app accomplishes this.

2 in our group are getting their medallions at the port. I see under the qr code it says, "Have medallion & passport visible." When, where, how do they get their medallions? We've always had ours mailed so I don't know anything about this. Any info appreciated. They are 1st time cruisers so are a little anxious. I know they'll feel better if I can tell them the process. Thanks! 

58 minutes ago, 1965 said:

2 in our group are getting their medallions at the port. I see under the qr code it says, "Have medallion & passport visible." When, where, how do they get their medallions? We've always had ours mailed so I don't know anything about this. Any info appreciated. They are 1st time cruisers so are a little anxious. I know they'll feel better if I can tell them the process. Thanks! 

Very simple.  When you check in, there’s a line if you need to pick up at port.  Or, just say you need to pick up your ocean Medallion and they will direct you.  Only takes a few minutes for pickup and some ports it’s all the same line.  No problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

Our experience is the check-in is all the same for priority and the agent goes and fetches the Medallions at the end if guest doesn't already have them in hand.  It really is not a big deal, nor any appreciable delay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

IDK if your out of Galveston?  But, has to be very similar as others have posted. No problem. I’ve not used PCL out of Galveston, just CCL.

BTW, just tell them you’ll be in the line with them, if any questions.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

When we went out of San Pedro in Dec we needed to show either our passport or medallion to even enter the building.  Port security was checking for one or the other before allowing you in.

• Thanks 1