Test cruises?

Fivehole

I've searched and am trying to follow along with the constantly-changing environment we're in - but what's the deal with test cruises? I see DCL's test cruise is now postponed. Is CCL doing any? If not, are they skirting the requirement due to % of vaxxed passengers? and they're doing that by not mandating vax but if you don't produce proof, you have a different on-board experience? Please help me understand 🙂

1 minute ago, Fivehole said:

I've searched and am trying to follow along with the constantly-changing environment we're in - but what's the deal with test cruises? I see DCL's test cruise is now postponed. Is CCL doing any? If not, are they skirting the requirement due to % of vaxxed passengers? and they're doing that by not mandating vax but if you don't produce proof, you have a different on-board experience? Please help me understand 🙂

Carnival is doing vaccinated  cruises which dont need test cruise. So not doing any.

If you are unvaxxed you apply for a exemption. Carnival will only give less than 5% exemptions to stay over the 95% vaxxed question. 

If you answer the health questionnaire you are vaxxed but dont show up with proof you dont board.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Fivehole said:

ok so for RCI and DCL what percentage will be non-vaxxed? or is that fluid, too? Carnival is 95% vaxxed? Just ready to get on a ship already...

Rcl was at 94 and 92% first two out of nassau. They havent thrown kids overboard and cut them of

Carnival has  made any unvaxxed for july and August ask for exemption. So they can manage to meet the required 95% of vaxxed to sail without masks except maybe kids. 

Rcl is charging for covid tests for unvaxxed and made rules about unvaxxed getting off the ship and cant gamble and eat in vaxxed dining room. Rcl is making it uncomfortable for unvaxxed to get them to cancel. Carnival is just cancelling most kids. Different approach.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

RCL is charging for covid tests for unvaxxed

and made rules about unvaxxed getting off the ship

and cant gamble and eat in vaxxed dining room!

RCL is making it uncomfortable for unvaxxed to get them to cancel.

Carnival is just cancelling most kids. Different approach.

It had to come to this, despite earlier protests.
I'm in full agreement.

Vaccination is our only way out of this mess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition to only allowing less than 5% exemptions, Carnival also cancelled the kid's clubs for younger kids.  That will probably discourage many of the parents of young children from cruising this summer, even if they get an exemption.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

In addition to only allowing less than 5% exemptions, Carnival also cancelled the kid's clubs for younger kids.  That will probably discourage many of the parents of young children from cruising this summer, even if they get an exemption.

Personally, I wouldn’t send my kids to a daycare just so I could drink or gamble or do whatever. I bring my kids to go on a family vacation, to

be with the family  so kids clubs open or closed wouldn’t decide if I was going on a cruise. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soxfan04 said:

Personally, I wouldn’t send my kids to a daycare just so I could drink or gamble or do whatever. I bring my kids to go on a family vacation, to

be with the family  so kids clubs open or closed wouldn’t decide if I was going on a cruise. 

I read a lot of reviews that state the kids really like going to the clubs.  When  I cruised with my teen and two of his friends, they met a lot of kids at the club.  I think it's a great option.  Not all children want to lounge on the pool deck for hours on end or attend trivia, bingo, the spa, or other things.  Kids like playing with other kids some of the time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Soxfan04 said:

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I read a lot of reviews that state the kids really like going to the clubs.  When  I cruised with my teen and two of his friends, they met a lot of kids at the club.  I think it's a great option.  Not all children want to lounge on the pool deck for hours on end or attend trivia, bingo, the spa, or other things.  Kids like playing with other kids some of the time.

My personal experience is the kids love the clubs and would rather be there more often than with family (depends on age of course).  My daughter used to feel sorry for the kids who had parents put restrictions on the amount of time the kids were allowed to join other kids at the clubs.  I allowed my daughter to decide and although deep down inside I would have liked her to choose to be with me more often, I realized it was HER vacation too.  We still always did meals and excursions together, and comedy club and a show.  But she made lots of LASTING friendships.  Including... unfortunately, her current boyfriend.  💀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

It had to come to this, despite earlier protests.
I'm in full agreement.

Vaccination is our only way out of this mess!

I’m hoping that Carnival’s current rules of 95% vaccinated stays in place through the end of 2021. My 1st cruise back is from Long Beach, Ca in September …. keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏼 .

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

My personal experience is the kids love the clubs and would rather be there more often than with family (depends on age of course).  My daughter used to feel sorry for the kids who had parents put restrictions on the amount of time the kids were allowed to join other kids at the clubs.  I allowed my daughter to decide and although deep down inside I would have liked her to choose to be with me more often, I realized it was HER vacation too.  We still always did meals and excursions together, and comedy club and a show.  But she made lots of LASTING friendships.  Including... unfortunately, her current boyfriend.  💀

Have to laugh at your last sentence. Our son got “married” once onboard, in whatever Kids Club he was part of back then.  We parents weren’t invited inside the kids area to witness. 🤣🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Our son got “married” once onboard, in whatever Kids Club he was part of back then.  We parents weren’t invited inside the kids area to witness. 🤣🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Of course we're not invited... imagine the fun (embarrassment for the kids) parents would have when the question was presented to the audience... "If there's anyone who knows of a reason these two should not be joined together as husband and wife..."

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Of course we're not invited... imagine the fun (embarrassment for the kids) parents would have when the question was presented to the audience... "If there's anyone who knows of a reason these two should not be joined together as husband and wife..."

Yes!  I object!  She doesn't even make her bed every day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Yes!  I object!  She doesn't even make her bed every day!

Hahahahahaha! That right there is FUNNNYYYYY.! Spoken like a true, loving parent!! :classic_laugh:

Well said Intrepid!! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Have to laugh at your last sentence. Our son got “married” once onboard, in whatever Kids Club he was part of back then.  We parents weren’t invited inside the kids area to witness. 🤣🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Was that Mark, or was it another son?