Crew Vaccinations Cunard

Yorky67

We’re a bit concerned that Cunard crew won’t be vaccinated. They’re a great bunch and many won’t have had the chance of jabs in India or Philippines and consequently quite vulnerable.
Surely it would be possible for Cunard in the next few months, to vaccinate crew here or in the USA, rather than relying on masks and tests.

If most passengers are required to be double vaccinated, then it would make for a safer and more relaxing cruise. In addition, if the ships call in at American ports e.g. Queen Mary in New York, last minute cancellations are less likely. 

Apologies if this has been said on another thread. 

Though our next sailing will not be till the following September on the QM2, we do hope the Cunard Family will take all the necessary precautions necessary for all on board. Shots, Necessary Equipment & Precautions for Quarantine like that do for a Noro attack.

Nothing has been mentioned about the other two Cunard ships that are sailing before hand and their steps taken.

We too hope C-19 will be under control in the future so all can enjoy the pleasure of sailing.  

3 hours ago, Yorky67 said:

We’re a bit concerned that Cunard crew won’t be vaccinated. They’re a great bunch and many won’t have had the chance of jabs in India or Philippines and consequently quite vulnerable.
Surely it would be possible for Cunard in the next few months, to vaccinate crew here or in the USA, rather than relying on masks and tests.

If most passengers are required to be double vaccinated, then it would make for a safer and more relaxing cruise. In addition, if the ships call in at American ports e.g. Queen Mary in New York, last minute cancellations are less likely. 

Apologies if this has been said on another thread. 

And where have you heard that Cunard crew won't have been vaccinated  ?  I can assure you  Cunard Line   (for some time now)  have had a clear handle on their crew vaccination programme .  Whilst Cunard  do not have to share their policies with the customer, I can assure you that many Cunard  crew from overseas  (friends of mine) who are already here in the UK and have duties on QE in preparation for the upcoming  staycation cruises are 'well prepared' for our arrival on the 19th July  

I should have thought it was beholden on Cunard to share their policies for the crew with the customers, if they are expecting them to behave properly and stick to the rules. The website mentions crew quarantine and testing, not vaccinations, as far as I can see. Why do you think this is?

21 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I should have thought it was beholden on Cunard to share their policies for the crew with the customers, if they are expecting them to behave properly and stick to the rules. The website mentions crew quarantine and testing, not vaccinations, as far as I can see. Why do you think this is?

Probably because it's still early days yet for 'detailed information' on the website that you refer to. However,  as former employee of Cunard   I can assure you that everything is in hand for the welfare of their crew members and the safety of guests. . 

Edited by Bell Boy

Ex Londoner

I saw exactly what you saw on the website regarding quarantine and testing and agree with you entirely. 
BellBoy

I’m sure the crew will be well prepared. Are you saying that you know they will be vaccinated?

If so, that’s great, but there is no reference to this on the Cunard website, as far as I could see. 

7 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Probably because it's still early days yet for 'detailed information' on the website that you refer to. However,  as former employee of Cunard   I can assure you that everything is in hand for the welfare of their crew members. 

People are sailing within three weeks, I believe. That hardly makes it early days for them.

17 minutes ago, Yorky67 said:

Ex Londoner

I saw exactly what you saw on the website regarding quarantine and testing and agree with you entirely. 
BellBoy

I’m sure the crew will be well prepared. Are you saying that you know they will be vaccinated?

If so, that’s great, but there is no reference to this on the Cunard website, as far as I could see. 

To answer your question,  "Am I saying that I know they will be vaccinated" Yes ,  I know from speaking to a number of crew members via social media  who are also personal friends of mine (and already preparing for the upcoming staycation cruises)   that they have already had their vaccinations (OR !) arrangements are in hand.  

In that case, to go back to my original question, why on earth don't they mention it on their website? This would set many people's concerns to rest, including mine, in away your statement is unable to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear that Cunard are ‘working towards’ ensuring all crew vaccinated. Hopefully it will be ‘vaccinated only’ crew on the ‘round Britain’ cruises ( as for passengers).   Most cruise lines are stating that all crew are vaccinated, so why not Cunard?

On 7/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, LewiLewi said:

Is Cunard also requiring that all passengers be double vaccinated as well? They should if they want people to cruise with them again.

Will they be insisting on the booster upcoming in UK in September? Given the average age onboard is always over 50 I suspect they might.

I called Cunard re: my upcoming Dec 15, 2021 SOU->NYC trip on the QM2 to ask about cancellation and refunds because they have not stated if all crew would be vaccinated.  Now I know I was taking to the sales dept., but the woman asked her boss and was told that at that time, 100% of the crew would be vaccinated.

Edited by artyhues

Good news Artyhues. It will surely be a requirement in most U.S. ports by then. It’s the least we British and Americans can do for the amazing Cunard crew who go above and beyond their duty, to please the passengers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saint George and others. 

Does anyone have answers on St George’s question? 
It would be interesting to know if all the crew are now vaccinated. This would give confidence to double AZ vaccinated older passengers. 

3 hours ago, Yorky67 said:

Saint George and others. 

Does anyone have answers on St George’s question? 
It would be interesting to know if all the crew are now vaccinated. This would give confidence to double AZ vaccinated older passengers. 

The question is can they hit the walk up vaccination drives in the numbers they require? And what vaccination cycle are they working on if they are? Because so far as I am aware they cannot source private supply.