HAL MOVED my cabin and I am not happy!

I Luv Crusin

18 minutes ago, I Luv Crusin said:

Lisa, thanks for that!  I wish I knew!  Someone on another thread posted a picture of the view from an obstructed balcony over the lifeboat and I'm begging to think it may not be so bad and I should drop it.  They may be doing me a favor but how would I know? 

On the other hand, when they design ships with all the CAD software why don't they take sound management into consideration.  Not just HAL but all the cruise lines?

If you were previouly 4062 - 4090 I think your new cabin will actually be much better. In this class of ship there have been numerous complaints about noise in thos cabins on port side. I know of people that said their stateroom vibrated well past midnight sometimes. They are not having that problem on the starboard side. My guess is HAL is doing you a big favor.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

If you were previouly 4062 - 4090 I think your new cabin will actually be much better. In this class of ship there have been numerous complaints about noise in thos cabins on port side. I know of people that said their stateroom vibrated well past midnight sometimes. They are not having that problem on the starboard side. My guess is HAL is doing you a big favor.

Lisa, I'm beginning to think so, too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I Luv Crusin said:

That I do not know but this wasn't a category upgrade.

Thanks.

I believe the option to keep the chosen cabin is NOT the default option. (Had there not been lots of discussion about that option in this forum when I started cruising I never would have known it existed.)

I’m hoping you like your new cabin a lot. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

I have decided to drop the cabin issue.  I just hope it turns out OK.  It sounds like people who know more than I say it will.  

thanks everyone for your input.

Probably a wise decision as it sounds like keeping up the fight would be like butting your head against the wall. Plus going in with an attitude that this will all be fine with the new cabin is a better way to start and ultimately enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

I have decided to drop the cabin issue.  I just hope it turns out OK.  It sounds like people who know more than I say it will.  

Sounds like a good approach.  Besides, you might get a good free or paid upsell offer to a better cabin later on and the point will then be moot.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 4:55 AM, I Luv Crusin said:

Hank,

Thanks for that.  This will be our 4th HAL cruise, one day away from  **Mariner.  We have loved the product and these are difficult times.  I'm mad enough to cancel but we'd just be hurting us, not HAL.  My travel agent took it as high as he could go and had his "big" office call too. It's not in anyway an upgrade but as others have posted it may have not been a "bad" move.  I'm going to research it more before I start writing letters.

Maybe you just want to go with it and hope for the best? You may be surprised. Don't ruin your pre-cruise excitement over something you can't change now anyway. We have a cruise booked in Oct. and I'm trying to prepare myself for all kinds of changes that I maybe won't like. As the songs go..."It's a Whole New World" and "Let it Go". 

5 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Maybe you just want to go with it and hope for the best? You may be surprised. Don't ruin your pre-cruise excitement over something you can't change now anyway. We have a cruise booked in Oct. and I'm trying to prepare myself for all kinds of changes that I maybe won't like. As the songs go..."It's a Whole New World" and "Let it Go". 

You must have missed post #29. 

18 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

I feel bad for you.  The same thing happened to us for our long awaited 50th anniversary cruise.   After the TA called a second time the rep for hal basically said.  "Take it of leave it".   We decided to leave it.  The whole cruise for us had already been spoiled.   The point of my post is to say there are other cruise lines out there.  Maybe the other cruise line will appreciate our business...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Quite possibly. Whad it say?

Why don’t you just scroll up and read it?  It’s only 6 posts or so up 😉. OP is sticking with the cabin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had cabin 4062 on this cruise and and was also changed but now I have a guarantee cabin and have no idea where I will end up.  I didn't book a guarantee cabin and I hope I get some compensation for this change.  As long as I am on deck 4 it would be fine if they want to give me a balcony cabin.  I'm 4 star so it doesn't matter how many stars you have for this to happen.