AquaClass - Current Amenities? Any Changes with the restart of Sailing?

PinkSandGirl

Just now, HskrCrsr said:

I don't know from personal experience, but Celebrity claims this:

Celebrity Cruises® introduces DineAware

Celebrity Cruises® is the first cruise line in the industry to introduce DineAware. The program provides set standards for food allergy and intolerance education throughout the food and beverage industry. All our restaurant and serving staff receive training through the DineAware program. Also, annual retraining is provided to ensure that we keep abreast of the latest information regarding the 14 major food allergens and intolerances. Our guests with special dietary needs can dine in confidence knowing that their food needs are top priority and will be readily accommodated while on board. Celebrity Cruises® is DineAware committed. We deliver excellent dining experiences for all guests to the best of our ability.

DinAware Logo

Thank you! This almost made me cry! I love Celebrity and I am glad to see that they are trying hard to meet dietary needs of their passengers. Sadly I also have a Shellfish allergy so I have a double whammy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Curious about dining in Blu.  I know it's supposed to be healthier eating but does it include a selection of gluten free items?  I am struggling with figuring out how to cruise and stay gluten free. (It's a health issue not by choice😥) Thanks for your help. 

If anyone else has Celiacs thoughts for eating on cruises(not just in the Aqua class) would be appreciated!!   I don't want to stop cruising!

They were very good about me being both gluten and sugar free in Blu on the Silhouette. They had me order from the next day's menu, and then surprised me with special desserts and breakfast pastries. Just let the maitre d' know, and he/she will take care of it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

On the Edge Class and ships that have been Revolutionized the shower toiletries are not individual disposable bottles but large, refillable ones that are attached to the wall. There's a security bracket that holds the dispenser bottles in place and you need a special key to open the bracket and refill the bottles. The only freestanding bottle is for the body lotion that sits on the lavatory counter (This again is not to be taken home and unfortunately isn't tamperproof) 

I'm borrowing the great photo posted by EMc&DrS to show the shower toiletries Dispensers (Body Wash,Shampoo, conditioner) and the freestanding dispenser of body lotion that sits on the lavatory counter. 

IMG_5302.thumb.jpeg.2645e1cd32272dc8625f

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'm borrowing the great photo posted by EMc&DrS to show the shower toiletries Dispensers (Body Wash,Shampoo, conditioner) and the freestanding dispenser of body lotion that sits on the lavatory counter. 

IMG_5302.thumb.jpeg.2645e1cd32272dc8625f

Thanks.  I knew they switched to these before but I thought with the cruising restart they would go back to small bottles that aren't shared.  I guess not...

🍹

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Thanks.  I knew they switched to these before but I thought with the cruising restart they would go back to small bottles that aren't shared.  I guess not...

🍹

Another thing to wipe down when you get in, i suppose.  Does anyone know exactly what the X cleaning routine is?

On 7/19/2021 at 6:11 PM, snowballs mom said:

I am struggling with figuring out how to cruise and stay gluten free. (It's a health issue not by choice😥)

On Equinox in February 2020 (right before COVID hit) Blu did a fantastic job of accommodating my gluten-free wife.  Once they knew she was GF, they'd let her view the next evening's menu so they could modify any recipes if needed.  They also did a fantastic job of making sure she had gluten-free chocolate desserts which were not on the menu.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

On Equinox in February 2020 (right before COVID hit) Blu did a fantastic job of accommodating my gluten-free wife.  Once they knew she was GF, they'd let her view the next evening's menu so they could modify any recipes if needed.  They also did a fantastic job of making sure she had gluten-free chocolate desserts which were not on the menu.

I may be traveling with a friend who is gluten intolerant.  She was happy to hear about this.  I just hope they save some of the good desserts for me.

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, zitsky said:

What is premium orange juice?  Freshly squeezed?

Yes, it is my understanding that is freshly squeezed OJ.

With the drink package, my breakfast includes a glass of freshly squeezed OJ and a glass of champagne to make my own mimosa. Of course I have to go to the bar to pull this off.

2 hours ago, boxkite said:

Yes, it is my understanding that is freshly squeezed OJ.

With the drink package, my breakfast includes a glass of freshly squeezed OJ and a glass of champagne to make my own mimosa. Of course I have to go to the bar to pull this off.

You can't order a mimosa at the table?  🤔

On 7/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, hcat said:

Glad to see daily water is back in AQ Class...it was recently reduced to a welcome bottle.  Even with the classic drinks that includes water..nicer to have it delivered daily. 

The tea was never that good..we asked not to receive it, but did like the canapes..esp if we could request cheese, fruit,  shrimp or other substitutes

What type of shampoos, soaps and gels are now in AQ class.?  Loved the CO Bigelow..we use that at home.

I didn't know you could request substitutes for canapes?  How? 
Thanks

2 hours ago, norwega said:

I didn't know you could request substitutes for canapes?  How? 
Thanks

I have read multiple times that people request a substitution such as a cheese plate.  The request is made to the stateroom attendant (what's been noted by others).   I'm sure you can also make any food allergies known.  

I never have, I usually eat what I like and leave what I don't or swap items with my mom & dad next door. 😉   Having something delivered that you like and not wasted is a good idea though.  

🍹

20 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I have read multiple times that people request a substitution such as a cheese plate.  The request is made to the stateroom attendant (what's been noted by others).   I'm sure you can also make any food allergies known.  

I never have, I usually eat what I like and leave what I don't or swap items with my mom & dad next door. 😉   Having something delivered that you like and not wasted is a good idea though.  

🍹

Thanks.  DH is picky and doesn't eat stuff he doesn't know.  Shrimp and cheese are a "yes"!  

• Like 1

We have always ordered substitutes…years ago it was no problem to get a plate of shrimp every night.  The last few years the steward has mixed it up with different types of cheese plates and shrimp, stating it was difficult to get shrimp every night.  We were still very happy.  

1 minute ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

We have always ordered substitutes…years ago it was no problem to get a plate of shrimp every night.  The last few years the steward has mixed it up with different types of cheese plates and shrimp, stating it was difficult to get shrimp every night.  We were still very happy.  

awesome!  I'm originally from WI and so love any cheese!  Plus, I find cheese to be so unique to each country we visit.  Wondering, do they have gluten free crackers?  We enjoy wine, so this will be awesome!  

On 7/19/2021 at 2:42 PM, mtnlvr53 said:

Curious about dining in Blu.  I know it's supposed to be healthier eating but does it include a selection of gluten free items?  I am struggling with figuring out how to cruise and stay gluten free. (It's a health issue not by choice😥) Thanks for your help. 

If anyone else has Celiacs thoughts for eating on cruises(not just in the Aqua class) would be appreciated!!   I don't want to stop cruising!

Celebrity does a great job with gluten free options. I have celiac disease and there were no problems getting delicious GF food anytime I wanted it. Just let them know & they take great care of you. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 9:28 PM, norwega said:

awesome!  I'm originally from WI and so love any cheese!  Plus, I find cheese to be so unique to each country we visit.  Wondering, do they have gluten free crackers?  We enjoy wine, so this will be awesome!  

The cheese on board isn’t really anything special.   If you want some good cheese you need to dine in the specialty restaurants and then ask for the cheese cart after dinner, sometimes they offer it and if not ask.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9 hours ago, NBliving said:

I noticed on the Aquaclass 2.0 info sheet that 2 yoga mats are listed. Are these to keep? I’m assuming just to use onboard, but thought I’d ask. 

I'm pretty sure it's not yours to keep.  I bet they aren't sanitized between users.

It's like the towels.  You wouldn't take those home, would you?

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jameslee said:

how do we know if the orange juice was freshly squeezed? When I go to breakfast in the buffet I just show my card and said orange juice and i notice it was very sweet

Are you getting it yourself from a machine or ordering it from a waiter?

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'm pretty sure it's not yours to keep.  I bet they aren't sanitized between users.

It's like the towels.  You wouldn't take those home, would you?

Of course not, but to your point, are the yoga mats sanitized between guests?  I’m very confident the robes and slippers are which are also mentioned in the amenities section and don’t worry, I’m not planning on taking those home either 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBliving said:

Of course not, but to your point, are the yoga mats sanitized between guests?  I’m very confident the robes and slippers are which are also mentioned in the amenities section and don’t worry, I’m not planning on taking those home either 😀

You asked "Are these to keep?"  Sorry if I misunderstood.