How long before cruise to successfully use app??

riffatsea

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In the MC App, you should be able to complete most of the OceanReady section.  It has FIVE sections and you should be able to complete all but #4, Arrival/Departure Groups.  Personal Info & Documents has several steps within it.  Review all those and make sure all complete for both of you , including reviewing old information carried forward.  You should be able to at least complete the health questionnaire and get Green.  It may or may not offer the button to upload your vaccine proof.  Some people report it not showing.

DMW section is under OceanNow and there is also an icon at the top of OceanReady section that launches DMW.  DMW has been flaky and also may not be available for all voyages at this time.  Sometimes you have to try a couple of times to get in.  If you can get in, you can look into dining times and reservations.  In order to be able to use DMW at all, you have to be Captain's Circle Platinum or Elite at the time of booking, OR wait until you have made Final Payment on the cruise.  If you had a pre-existing booking, you were grandfathered in when DMW came live on June 7 and should have access regardless of your CC Status level.

Thanks for this good advice. I also saw somewhere that you suggested we all check our version number of the app on our phones. I wrote that down, and will check that first. Hopefully I will not have to re-install the software. I THINK I downloaded the "new" app a few months ago, but cannot remember. Then I will follow your helpful guidance above. I am Platinum and we booked this Feb 2022 cruise about a year ago. We would very much like to get our dining times set as quickly as possible.  We prefer to have dinner 1730-1830 (530pm-630pm), and those times seem to go fast on some cruises.

Doug

53 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for this good advice. I also saw somewhere that you suggested we all check our version number of the app on our phones. I wrote that down, and will check that first. Hopefully I will not have to re-install the software. I THINK I downloaded the "new" app a few months ago, but cannot remember. Then I will follow your helpful guidance above. I am Platinum and we booked this Feb 2022 cruise about a year ago. We would very much like to get our dining times set as quickly as possible.  We prefer to have dinner 1730-1830 (530pm-630pm), and those times seem to go fast on some cruises.

Doug

The latest version I gave you was release last week, so date was about July 12.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In the MC App, you should be able to complete most of the OceanReady section.  It has FIVE sections and you should be able to complete all but #4, Arrival/Departure Groups.  Personal Info & Documents has several steps within it.  Review all those and make sure all complete for both of you , including reviewing old information carried forward.  You should be able to at least complete the health questionnaire and get Green.  It may or may not offer the button to upload your vaccine proof.  Some people report it not showing.

DMW section is under OceanNow and there is also an icon at the top of OceanReady section that launches DMW.  DMW has been flaky and also may not be available for all voyages at this time.  Sometimes you have to try a couple of times to get in.  If you can get in, you can look into dining times and reservations.  In order to be able to use DMW at all, you have to be Captain's Circle Platinum or Elite at the time of booking, OR wait until you have made Final Payment on the cruise.  If you had a pre-existing booking, you were grandfathered in when DMW came live on June 7 and should have access regardless of your CC Status level.

Okay, this will be a long reply!😎

I was not able to find my MC app's version number.

While logged on just now and following your helpful directions:

Under Ocean Ready (I am Blue Lane)

under Travel Checklist

under Personal Info & Docs - I am a Green check mark for everything EXCEPT Medallion Pay. Which is correct, I have not added a credit card yet. All else (Personal Info through Celebrations) is correct, complete with passport, photos, etc and checked green.

Skipping down to Preferences, I can add allergens, interests, etc....and Dining.  

under Preferences I had earlier selected the Diet, Pace and Repeat Location. Still there. There is nothing there about selecting a time or place.

Under Ocean Now

under Dine My Way

It takes a few seconds to load, then the screen displays "Dine my way not available now, check back later". I ASSUME this is where I would perhaps make my dining time and place selections?

I can find nowhere to select an Internet package, although there are places to select beverage and other packages. I'd sure like to select an internet package, and our dining times and places. If perhaps my version of the app is old I can try to d/l the new one....hopefully I will not lose all my hard work. Otherwise I suppose a long and irritating phone call to mother Princess is on my agenda...........

Doug

12 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

If you're on Android, go to Settings>Apps>MedallionClass and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will find the version number. I updated the app a few days ago and it incremented up to version 3.0.92725. I had to delete and re-install the app as the update did not show on the Play Store. Updating did seem to "unlock" some functionalities that I did not have before I re-installed, such as access to the Health Status.

Sigh!!! App says I have completed security photo but won't turn green

Also for some strange reason it doesn't think my son's email address is valid as an emergency contact?.

Have signed out and back in and tried to redo those 2 items but nothing works!!

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Okay, this will be a long reply!😎

While logged on just now and following your helpful directions:

Under Ocean Ready (I am Blue Lane)

under Travel Checklist

under Personal Info & Docs - I am a Green check mark for everything EXCEPT Medallion Pay. Which is correct, I have not added a credit card yet. All else (Personal Info through Celebrations) is correct, complete with passport, photos, etc and checked green.

Skipping down to Preferences, I can add allergens, interests, etc....and Dining.  

under Preferences I had earlier selected the Diet, Pace and Repeat Location. Still there. There is nothing there about selecting a time or place.

Under Ocean Now

under Dine My Way

It takes a few seconds to load, then the screen displays "Dine my way not available now, check back later". I ASSUME this is where I would perhaps make my dining time and place selections?

I can find nowhere to select an Internet package, although there are places to select beverage and other packages. I'd sure like to select an internet package, and our dining times and places. If perhaps my version of the app is old I can try to d/l the new one....hopefully I will not lose all my hard work. Otherwise I suppose a long and irritating phone call to mother Princess is on my agenda...........

Doug

Hi, Doug.

OceanReady.

You look good to me.  Once you have added a credit card, should move from Blue to Green.  Dining res not here - just general preferences and diet info.

OceanNow.

Yes, DMW is where you should be able to make a dining res.  It has been off-line for some voyages.  I know of no pattern nor logical sense as to which ones works for and which ones not at this time.  Hopefully, they will address soon, but I am guessing they are swamped with the upcoming cruise departures in Seattle and UK.

Internet.

It is to be added to MC App.  IDK when.  In the meantime, call in to Princess and ask for it to be added to your cruise and they will ask for payment.  In your case, you can wait.  There is no rush to pre-order internet for a FEB 2022 voyage.

My iPhone SE says that I have version 3.0.92723 but when I look to see what is the latest version, it says 3.1.3.  I cannot find out how to update to that version as the screen does not say "update" as I found on Google instructions for updating an app.  I am doing good on the app (I think) and have all green checks except for Arrival time which will come later.  But I still do not have anything asking for Covid 19 vaccination proof download/picture.  Just asks me if we have been vaccinated and I put yes but no request for documentation.  I also do not have the Emergency airport designation/question as others have.  Cruise is for Feb. 27, 2022.

11 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

My iPhone SE says that I have version 3.0.92723 but when I look to see what is the latest version, it says 3.1.3.  I cannot find out how to update to that version as the screen does not say "update" as I found on Google instructions for updating an app.  I am doing good on the app (I think) and have all green checks except for Arrival time which will come later.  But I still do not have anything asking for Covid 19 vaccination proof download/picture.  Just asks me if we have been vaccinated and I put yes but no request for documentation.  I also do not have the Emergency airport designation/question as others have.  Cruise is for Feb. 27, 2022.

Appears Apple is the same behavior as Android in this situation.  The last Android update did not trigger anything automatically from Play Store.  They need to up their game (now there is an under-statement!!).

Delete your App.  Go to the Apple Store and download it again.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Appears Apple is the same behavior as Android in this situation.  The last Android update did not trigger anything automatically from Play Store.  They need to up their game (now there is an under-statement!!).

Delete your App.  Go to the Apple Store and download it again.

Thanks as always Steelers36.  I was thinking about doing that but read someone on here say they did that and everything went downhill for them.  Think I will try that anyway.  Thanks.  No guts no glory!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Thanks as always Steelers36.  I was thinking about doing that but read someone on here say they did that and everything went downhill for them.  Think I will try that anyway.  Thanks.  No guts no glory!!

OK deleted app and re-downloaded.  Everything populated except still no requirement to download covid vax proof, no requirement for emergency airport and it now has no dining reservations for us both dining room and specialty restaurant which I had all confirmed before.  Hopefully, it will put those things next time I open the app.  Darn thing is fickle. 

11 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

check our version number of the app on our phones. I wrote that down, and will check that first. Hopefully I will not have to re-install the software. I THINK I downloaded the "new" app a few months ago

You have an old version if I take you at your word. close app & reopen. It may automatically load update. If it doesn't, Uninstaller and reinstall (thats what I have to do to get the newest version)

9 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Under Ocean Now

under Dine My Way

Yes ... but you can also go to what looks like a plate / fork on the 1st page. It's fussy. 

9 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I can find nowhere to select an Internet package

Because it's not there. You have to call so they can manually add it

2 major updates scheduled: 7/31/21 & 8/30/21. Unless you are cruising before 9/16/21 I strongly suggest you wait.  It's supposed to get easier 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 8:01 AM, Steelers36 said:

DMW can be offline for some voyages.  IDK how to further define that.  I have not been able to get into DMW for a B2B2B beginning OCT 1, 2022, for two weeks now, but our OCT 31, 2022, is working. 

On your vaccination doc, if you tap into Travel Checklist under OceanReady section, you will find section 5 for Health Status and there are two parts for each passenger.  The top part asks you to attest you have been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to sail date.  If you tap YES button, another button appears to upload doc.  You have choice to take a photo or upload a file.  I didn't have success at first with the camera option, so I took a separate photo of our proof doc and then used the file option to upload. 

Unfortunately, we did not have the 2nd part asking us to upload our vaccine cards.  I just checked again, and no 2nd part.  We are on the Aug 8 sailing.

Edited by happycruiserco
added addl info

20 hours ago, lx200gps said:

If you're on Android, go to Settings>Apps>MedallionClass and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will find the version number. I updated the app a few days ago and it incremented up to version 3.0.92725. I had to delete and re-install the app as the update did not show on the Play Store. Updating did seem to "unlock" some functionalities that I did not have before I re-installed, such as access to the Health Status.

My 4 month old Samsung Android phone indicates version 3.0.91591.

I went to the playstore (google.com/store/apps) on my PC to see what version is there. Well, there is no version listed anywhere I could find, but there is an "x" which says "This app is not available for your device" whatever the h that means. I have not attempted yet to download and install that unknown version because I don't know if that's the correct one. I also do not want to risk losing all the data that IS in my phone's MC app like passports, emergency contact, and the other data which I WAS able to unload over a year ago for our Nov 2019 cruise.

I think the 1.5 star rating the MC app received is FAR better than it deserves.

Doug

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi, Doug.

OceanReady.

You look good to me.  Once you have added a credit card, should move from Blue to Green.  Dining res not here - just general preferences and diet info.

OceanNow.

Yes, DMW is where you should be able to make a dining res.  It has been off-line for some voyages.  I know of no pattern nor logical sense as to which ones works for and which ones not at this time.  Hopefully, they will address soon, but I am guessing they are swamped with the upcoming cruise departures in Seattle and UK.

Internet.

It is to be added to MC App.  IDK when.  In the meantime, call in to Princess and ask for it to be added to your cruise and they will ask for payment.  In your case, you can wait.  There is no rush to pre-order internet for a FEB 2022 voyage.

Thanks. I think I am going to just step back and watch what's happening for at least another month or two.

I checked my Princess MC app this morning, and I have version 3.0.91591. I believe I downloaded and installed that maybe a month ago. I attempted to check at Google Play for a more current version, but there is no version info available there, so I elected to not attempt to update my MC app. I am concerned that I might lose the data that are in the app/Princess server now.

Hopefully we will be able to eat once we get on board....somewhere and some time! 😉That's my biggest concern, I don't want to be the last couple trying to get dinner reservations. 

I will eventually call Princess and ask for the WiFi/Internet package sometime prior to cruise date, in the hopes it might show up on the app or online before then and save me hours trying to get an agent at Princess. The $10 per day with a $5 non-refundable OBC is fine with me. Just checked online, and there is still no way to pre-order an internet package.

On a slightly different topic, we booked Princess EZ-Flight (Fares?) several months ago. That information is NOT anywhere on the phone app I could find. Seems like it ought to be. I just checked an it is at Princess.com and it is there.

Doug

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

You have an old version if I take you at your word........

2 major updates scheduled: 7/31/21 & 8/30/21. Unless you are cruising before 9/16/21 I strongly suggest you wait.  It's supposed to get easier 

You can always take me at my word!😎

Yes, I'm going to wait for the dust to settle on those updates. I figure there are probably only 25% of the passengers on my Feb 2022 cruise even looking at their phones now. Hopefully with those updates we can all get ourselves squared away before embarkation. I expect embarkation will not go smoothy for anyone until hopefully 2022!

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

My 4 month old Samsung Android phone indicates version 3.0.91591.

I went to the playstore (google.com/store/apps) on my PC to see what version is there. Well, there is no version listed anywhere I could find, but there is an "x" which says "This app is not available for your device" whatever the h that means. I have not attempted yet to download and install that unknown version because I don't know if that's the correct one. I also do not want to risk losing all the data that IS in my phone's MC app like passports, emergency contact, and the other data which I WAS able to unload over a year ago for our Nov 2019 cruise.

I think the 1.5 star rating the MC app received is FAR better than it deserves.

Doug

It's very odd that it says not available for your device when you clearly have it on your phone. FWIW, when I go to the Play Store on my PC browser (Firefox under Linux on at least two different PCs), the MedallionClass app shows up as available to install, with this at the bottom. As to the risk of losing data when deleting and re-installing the app, that's a valid concern given the horrible state of this app, but when I did that a few weeks ago the transition up to Ver, 92725 was completely seamless, every scrap of "old" info came across, and the update added our ability to now access the Health Status.

image.png.b7e70a1ddc60b426c241c11f54001b54.png

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I checked my Princess MC app this morning, and I have version 3.0.91591. I believe I downloaded and installed that maybe a month ago. I attempted to check at Google Play for a more current version, but there is no version info available there, so I elected to not attempt to update my MC app. I am concerned that I might lose the data that are in the app/Princess server now.

So, that is an old version.  New one is dated July 12.  You can see that in the Play Store, but you have to tap down a level by tapping on the MC logo I think it is.  You shouldn't "lose" any data since the App is not keeping the data - that is in Princess servers.

When Ver .92725 was released both my android devices (Samsung tablet and Motorola phone) "told" me to update.   No problem with transfer of all previously entered info, but still could not access any item in Passenger Info as was my problem before.

Jump ahead a week and amazingly the app fixed itself (!!) and now works flawlessley - particularly easy on the cell phone.   Maybe my nice long chat with a rep on the Ocean help line produced results.  But like others, no request to enter vaccination info.

Edited by racj846

On 7/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, riffatsea said:

Sigh!!! App says I have completed security photo but won't turn green

Also for some strange reason it doesn't think my son's email address is valid as an emergency contact?.

Have signed out and back in and tried to redo those 2 items but nothing works!!

These are going to sounds stupid, but they come as a result of building and wrangling websites for many years. Check and make sure there aren't any leading or trailing spaces in what you're inputting for your son's email address. A properly coded form ought to strip those out, but a properly coded app in every aspect isn't what we have here. Also, a really odd mistake that I've seen many, many people make is to leave off the .com, .org, or .whatever at the end of the email address. They would put something like myemailaddress@gmail. Which is never going to work. Hopefully, by the time you see this you'll have been able to get your son's email address added. 😀

37 minutes ago, racj846 said:

When Ver .92725 was released both my android devices (Samsung tablet and Motorola phone) "told" me to update.   No problem with transfer of all previously entered info, but still could not access any item in Passenger Info as was my problem before.

Jump ahead a week and amazingly the app fixed itself (!!) and now works flawlessley - particularly easy on the cell phone.   Maybe my nice long chat with a rep on the Ocean help line produced results.  But like others, no request to enter vaccination info.

Very good, but it was likely a data-fix on their servers and not the App itself.  Sometimes it is the programming on the back-end.  Hard to tell.  Doesn't matter, though, once it is working again!!

I am finding similar consistency, but still missing DMW on one voyage.

@Sea Hag

Thanks. The app liked the address when I typed it in without letting Google auto fill it

The button to add his info still won't light up so I am going to wait and see if it needs to rest a while before I try a g ain. Hehe

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

It's very odd that it says not available for your device when you clearly have it on your phone. FWIW, when I go to the Play Store on my PC browser (Firefox under Linux on at least two different PCs), the MedallionClass app shows up as available to install, with this at the bottom. As to the risk of losing data when deleting and re-installing the app, that's a valid concern given the horrible state of this app, but when I did that a few weeks ago the transition up to Ver, 92725 was completely seamless, every scrap of "old" info came across, and the update added our ability to now access the Health Status.

image.png.b7e70a1ddc60b426c241c11f54001b54.png

Thanks for the helpful post. I believe I am just going to sit this out for a month or so, then try to download and install whatever the new version is.....at this rate I figure Princess will release 4-5 "new" versions in that time. Maybe eventually I will be able to get the data entered that they want, but will not allow me to enter. <Grrrrr>

Doug

1 hour ago, racj846 said:

I need to check my phone and verify I've selected "Auto Update" for the MC app. Probably ought to for the MC app since it is evolving very rapidly. I usually do NOT have auto-update turned on for any program or app; I only want to be notified there is an update. I'll check and if the only update is they added support for German language, for instance, I'll not update.

Doug