How long before cruise to successfully use app??

riffatsea

I have a cruise booked for February next year and have downloaded and added all my info without any problems after the last update using a Iphone. My wife has also. The only thing we have not been able to do is pick a arrival and departure time.  It says will be available closer to sailing.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

You don't have to successfully use the app. You can call Ocean Ready and they will take all the information from you. That's if you can't get the App working or don't want to use it. 

Here's the phone number from the email I received

If you have any questions or comments, please call 1-844-525-0942. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
Thank you,
Ocean Medallion Fulfillment, Ltd.
© 2021 Carnival Corporation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My apps fine. I've got the green lane & QR code. It just wants me to bring my visa to check in. Born, raised, and never lived anywhere except SF Bay Area. 

My cruise is 8/15/21. 

Edited by Ombud

My wife and I have been able to access the app and upload the required passport & COVID19 vaccine cards for our upcoming cruises on August 29th and November 6th.  The item I am waiting for is selecting an arrival time our cruise in November.   

In addition I have also been able to complete the required travel checklist for all of our other cruises in 2022 and 2023. 

The app seems to be working just fine on my iPhone 12. 

I’m using an iPad not a cell phone and it’s working out fine.  Everything is green except our credit card info, arrival times and health questionnaire.  Since we have 10 months until we cruise, these items will be dealt with sooner to sailing.  Because of our Captains Club loyalty status, we were able to take care of our dining requests immediately, which was nice.  Take your time and do each step separately and you’ll be fine.  Honestly, I tried to rush everything and ran into problems.  Learned the hard way to take my time and relax.

20 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

My wife and I have been able to access the app and upload the required passport & COVID19 vaccine cards for our upcoming cruises on August 29th and November 6th.  The item I am waiting for is selecting an arrival time our cruise in November.   

In addition I have also been able to complete the required travel checklist for all of our other cruises in 2022 and 2023. 

The app seems to be working just fine on my iPhone 12. 

Were you able to schedule your evening dining times? Our cruise is Feb 2022 and the last time I checked about 2 weeks ago I could not. Got error messages saying try later or something to that affect.

I did not see anything about uploading COVID documentation....when did you do yours? Our phones are Android and about 9 months old.....irritates me we cannot upload the required info from my PC to Princess, but that's a whole other topic!😉

Doug

We leave in just over two weeks. Yesterday we were green lane on both my iPad and iPhone. Today my iPad shows us as yellow lane (whatever that means).  Still green lane on the iPhone. So I really can’t answer your question except to say the answer must be less than 17 days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We leave in just over two weeks. Yesterday we were green lane on both my iPad and iPhone. Today my iPad shows us as yellow lane (whatever that means).  Still green lane on the iPhone. So I really can’t answer your question except to say the answer must be less than 17 days.

Yellow means something is "off" in your health status and they will need to do further examination.  Perhaps they are aware of your recent elevated BP dealing with MC App.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Were you able to schedule your evening dining times? Our cruise is Feb 2022 and the last time I checked about 2 weeks ago I could not. Got error messages saying try later or something to that affect.

I did not see anything about uploading COVID documentation....when did you do yours? Our phones are Android and about 9 months old.....irritates me we cannot upload the required info from my PC to Princess, but that's a whole other topic!😉

Doug

DMW can be offline for some voyages.  IDK how to further define that.  I have not been able to get into DMW for a B2B2B beginning OCT 1, 2022, for two weeks now, but our OCT 31, 2022, is working. 

On your vaccination doc, if you tap into Travel Checklist under OceanReady section, you will find section 5 for Health Status and there are two parts for each passenger.  The top part asks you to attest you have been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to sail date.  If you tap YES button, another button appears to upload doc.  You have choice to take a photo or upload a file.  I didn't have success at first with the camera option, so I took a separate photo of our proof doc and then used the file option to upload. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

I'm on Android, and I've never yet seen an option to upload our vaccination cards. I'm in green lane, so we ought to be okay. But who knows? 

Edit: I looked again, and there it was. I've uploaded ours now.

Edited by Sea Hag
new info

Actually, waiting an hour, doing nothing, the app on the iPad shows that our boarding status changed from Yellow Lane back to Green Lane. But Steelers36, you’re no doubt right about the BP thing. I have no patience at all with this pathetic level of incompetence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm on Android, and I've never yet seen an option to upload our vaccination cards. I'm in green lane, so we ought to be okay. But who knows? 

Edit: I looked again, and there it was. I've uploaded ours now.

When does your ship sail? Ours sails Feb 2022 and I have done everything I could, I think, to complete all this stuff on the MC app. I checked off the part for the Covid-19 contract whatever, but I do not see anyplace to upload a jpg of our COVID cards. We are "blue lane" whatever that means. Under Travel Checklist, Health Status is grayed out, so I cannot select that. Is that where you were able to upload your COVID card?

Here's where I looked on the app:

Travel Checklist: Personal Information & Documents: Once there, everything is checked off and green except for MedallionPay - Add payment. (I will add my credit card info later).

Further down I see something about Health Documents, which I assume is probably a "questionnaire" or maybe that's why I upload our covid card? But that selection is grayed out.

I wonder what the poor passengers who don't use CC are doing? I think embarkation day is going to be a real zoo!

Edited by PaperSniper4

53 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

When does your ship sail? Ours sails Feb 2022 and I have done everything I could, I think, to complete all this stuff on the MC app. I checked off the part for the Covid-19 contract whatever, but I do not see anyplace to upload a jpg of our COVID cards. We are "blue lane" whatever that means. Under Travel Checklist, Health Status is grayed out, so I cannot select that. Is that where you were able to upload your COVID card?

Here's where I looked on the app:

Travel Checklist: Personal Information & Documents: Once there, everything is checked off and green except for MedallionPay - Add payment. (I will add my credit card info later).

Further down I see something about Health Documents, which I assume is probably a "questionnaire" or maybe that's why I upload our covid card? But that selection is grayed out.

I wonder what the poor passengers who don't use CC are doing? I think embarkation day is going to be a real zoo!

I'm working on our 8/29 sailing of the Majestic. We've got another one coming up this year, Ruby roundtrip SF coastal. I'm not even going to go near that one until we get back from Alaska. LOL. 

The vaccination card upload showed up for me on the page where you attest that you'll be 100% vaccinated by sailing time. It wasn't there the first time I visited that page, but this morning it was.

I can tell you what some poor passengers who don't use CC but do follow a group on Facebook are doing - they're totally confused and complaining a lot. 🤣

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm working on our 8/29 sailing of the Majestic. We've got another one coming up this year, Ruby roundtrip SF coastal. I'm not even going to go near that one until we get back from Alaska. LOL. 

The vaccination card upload showed up for me on the page where you attest that you'll be 100% vaccinated by sailing time. It wasn't there the first time I visited that page, but this morning it was.

I can tell you what some poor passengers who don't use CC but do follow a group on Facebook are doing - they're totally confused and complaining a lot. 🤣

Ha, I can imagine the confusion on Facebook! I don't use that, but CC has always been a great source of information....and usually it's very accurate.😉

I suspect I will be able to upload my Feb 2022 vaccination info and complete the health forms much close to the sail date. You're sounds like about 6 weeks prior.

Thanks for the reply.

Doug

• Like 1

I have been in the green lane and have all the green checkmarks for each of the categories since the last update for the iOS app.  I check daily and have never had anywhere asking for upload of vaccine card.  Hard to figure!

18 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

I have been in the green lane and have all the green checkmarks for each of the categories since the last update for the iOS app.  I check daily and have never had anywhere asking for upload of vaccine card.  Hard to figure!

Have you gone back into the part where you verify that you'll be fully vaccinated by sailing date? I'd already done that part, but the upload part wasn't there. I went back today and it was.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

We uploaded DH’s last week but I had to get mine from the safe deposit box. When I had done that, I could no longer upload mine. Then suddenly yesterday I could. But I was Green Lane before and Green Lane after. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We uploaded DH’s last week but I had to get mine from the safe deposit box. When I had done that, I could no longer upload mine. Then suddenly yesterday I could. But I was Green Lane before and Green Lane after. 

Isn't this all fun? Remember the good old days, when you just had to print out your boarding pass and show up at the pier with it and your passport in hand?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Isn't this all fun? Remember the good old days, when you just had to print out your boarding pass and show up at the pier with it and your passport in hand?

And we thought that printing out and preparing luggage tags turned a cruise into a project. Little did we suspect….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, franktown said:

I have a cruise booked for February next year and have downloaded and added all my info without any problems after the last update using a Iphone. My wife has also. The only thing we have not been able to do is pick a arrival and departure time.  It says will be available closer to sailing.

1. Were you able to upload your COVID-19 vaccination records?

2. Were you able to do anything with dining preferences other than select your meal "speed" and preferred location (same each night; yes/no)?

We use an Android phone, purchased about 4 months ago. Our cruise is Feb 2022 from SAN. When I lot onto the app we are "Blue Lane" whatever that is. Our personal info, passport info, photos, emergency contacts are "in there" already.....probably from using the previous version of Princess' software for last Princess cruise in November 2019. I did not upload those data since downloading/installing the "new" MedallionClass app a few months ago.

I also cannot pick arrival time and departure time yet. And of course I cannot print tags or boarding documents. Both those make sense at this point in time.

However, I also cannot complete 1 nor 2 above. I'm trying to be clear on what I ought to be able to do with about 7 months to embarkation. I want to be as prepared as possible for boarding and selecting our meal times. We do not want to find out all our preferred dining times are gone because we "should have done that earlier"! And I'd rather avoid a 2 hour call to Princess.com this week; rather get the skinny from some other poor passenger with real world experience!😎

8 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

1. Were you able to upload your COVID-19 vaccination records?

2. Were you able to do anything with dining preferences other than select your meal "speed" and preferred location (same each night; yes/no)?

We use an Android phone, purchased about 4 months ago. Our cruise is Feb 2022 from SAN. When I lot onto the app we are "Blue Lane" whatever that is. Our personal info, passport info, photos, emergency contacts are "in there" already.....probably from using the previous version of Princess' software for last Princess cruise in November 2019. I did not upload those data since downloading/installing the "new" MedallionClass app a few months ago.

I also cannot pick arrival time and departure time yet. And of course I cannot print tags or boarding documents. Both those make sense at this point in time.

However, I also cannot complete 1 nor 2 above. I'm trying to be clear on what I ought to be able to do with about 7 months to embarkation. I want to be as prepared as possible for boarding and selecting our meal times. We do not want to find out all our preferred dining times are gone because we "should have done that earlier"! And I'd rather avoid a 2 hour call to Princess.com this week; rather get the skinny from some other poor passenger with real world experience!😎

In the MC App, you should be able to complete most of the OceanReady section.  It has FIVE sections and you should be able to complete all but #4, Arrival/Departure Groups.  Personal Info & Documents has several steps within it.  Review all those and make sure all complete for both of you , including reviewing old information carried forward.  You should be able to at least complete the health questionnaire and get Green.  It may or may not offer the button to upload your vaccine proof.  Some people report it not showing.

DMW section is under OceanNow and there is also an icon at the top of OceanReady section that launches DMW.  DMW has been flaky and also may not be available for all voyages at this time.  Sometimes you have to try a couple of times to get in.  If you can get in, you can look into dining times and reservations.  In order to be able to use DMW at all, you have to be Captain's Circle Platinum or Elite at the time of booking, OR wait until you have made Final Payment on the cruise.  If you had a pre-existing booking, you were grandfathered in when DMW came live on June 7 and should have access regardless of your CC Status level.