Your Thoughts On Towels!

janny444

8 minutes ago, emam said:

I'm sure a microfibre towel laid flat would fit in the pocket on the lid of the case. You can also use the smaller towel P&O provide to dry off. 

As we don't have robes in the cabins we use I like the big towels. Dry off with the smaller one which is also easier changed, then wrap up in the other as said before and have a cuppa.

Yes...I have resorted to using the 2 hand towels provided but I just don't understand why the towels have to be so big....it must increase the laundering and drying costs of these  towels and as I said in my above post the size of them is not necessary when you have an exceptionally good towel that absorbs really well....Binny towels prime example. But I take your point as using them as wraps to " chill" after having your shower

• Like 1

Everytime I went on a cruise there were different kinds of towels. I mean its weird, but this is how it is. I doubt there is a single standard that is used on all types of cruises. I mean they were never bad but they were different in feels and touch. Dont find a serious topic to discuss really 

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Everytime I went on a cruise there were different kinds of towels. I mean its weird, but this is how it is. I doubt there is a single standard that is used on all types of cruises. I mean they were never bad but they were different in feels and touch. Dont find a serious topic to discuss really 

1st sensible statement so far Rog.Everyone is talking flannel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I like the big towels because the first thing I do in any hotel/ship is to dispense with the thick duvet, leaving just be the cover and if necessary I use the bath towel for a bit extra warmth.  The small towels are usually fine after a bath, though do like them replaced after that.  Overall, I think I am quite economical with Laundry use.

• Like 1

Personally I prefer big bath sheets, the bigger the better. But then I have always had bath sheets from a child to now in my 50s. I love to wrap myself in one, tuck it ‘closed’ around me, whilst I do my hair, etc. 

As someone else suggested, if you struggle with the weight or size (?) pack a microfibre towel. They are used for backpacking… I take mine (from backpacking days) and use them to stand on when getting out, as they are ultra absorbent.  I also take them out on port days if going to the beach. 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, sandancer said:

Why can’t you take your own towels when cruising?  Especially if there are self service laundry facilities. 

Pauline always brings a couple of our own  towels to dry her face.

I like big bath towels.

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline always brings a couple of our own  towels to dry her face.

I like big bath towels.

Obviously Pauline and I are singing from the same hymn sheet. Even for a hotel stay. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goosebear Mum said:

Personally I prefer big bath sheets, the bigger the better. But then I have always had bath sheets from a child to now in my 50s. I love to wrap myself in one, tuck it ‘closed’ around me, whilst I do my hair, etc. 

As someone else suggested, if you struggle with the weight or size (?) pack a microfibre towel. They are used for backpacking… I take mine (from backpacking days) and use them to stand on when getting out, as they are ultra absorbent.  I also take them out on port days if going to the beach. 

Good advice, just had my second one delivered so now I have a blue one and a green one to take on my cruise 🙂