If Amber Cove is owned by CCL, do they honor the cheers package?

Mikeandliz

1 minute ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

@firefly333

No offense taken & the prices I copied were from a Google search.  Obviously drinking the same amount of tap beers costs less than top shelf mixed drinks.

I can’t believe something as innocuous as quoting someone’s post off of memory can bring out idiot responses where they take it as my scientific proof that they are getting ripped off.  So done with the responses to this thread.

I sat at dinner with 2 college guys who were totally mad about cheers. First and last cruise. They thought beer should count as half a drink, 15 wasnt enough if you drank beer they said.

I just listened, they were upset. 15 drinks if you are a beer drinker isnt enough for some.

There probably is no one good answer. Sorry it felt like a attack, so easy to be there. I've had my share of attacks and felt hurt tbh. When of course all of us just trying to help. Same as you tried. Thanks.

I can’t believe something as innocuous as quoting someone’s post off of memory can bring out idiot responses where they take it as my scientific proof that they are getting ripped off.  So done with the responses to this thread.

Do you really get offended this easily?  You posted something that wasn't even close to the correct answer.  I simply pointed that out while providing the correct prices, nothing more.  Other people read these comments and take them as truth, that is why there is so much misinformation on here.  Why you spun that into an outrage instead of saying "I must be misinformed" is puzzling.

Edited by ray98

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

On the other hand I'd have liked to get one of those 200 pp offers and this was the first and only offer I've ever gotten in over 15 years with carnival. Celebrity you pay tips for 2 people, no thanks. I do get free daily drink vouchers with rcl which is just right.

I'm very glad I got cheers but a low price offer which a whole lot got would have been awesome. Sorry you are still mad about not getting it. Tbh I emailed them at least 6 times asking for the cheers offer before I got it too,  I've wondered if that had anything to do with it. 

But the 200 pp offers were on the Panorama on the west coast.  You have to factor in airfare and it's on a Vista Class ship, which you don't like. And of course your offer would have doubled to 400 because of you going solo.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I read green leaf bottled tea was included, not sure where that lands on your list, but I plan on asking for the bottled tea.

Bottled Pure Leaf iced tea is included with Cheers, not Bottomless Bubbles.  The flavors are unsweetened, sweet and green.

10 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

That was quoting someone else posting pre-covid & not “my math”.  If it helps you sleep night you are probably right depending on what drink is selected.

CHEERS! Beverage Program Q&As
  • Beer: $6.00 - $7.95 (mostly 16 oz.)
  • Wine by the glass: $8.00 - $14.00.
  • Mixed Drinks: $6.95 - $20.00.
  • Specialty Cocktails: $8.95 -$12.95 (excluding souvenir glassware and premium selections)
  • Soft Drinks: $2.50.
  • Specialty Drinks: $2.00 - $4.95.
  • Energy Drinks: $4.95 and up.

And don't forget bottle water and the coffee shop.  Do you know how much these cost?

17 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Someone (pre-Covid) had done an estimate that it took at least 8-9 non-beer drinks to “get your money back” on buying Cheers.  Obviously if you spend significant time off the ship in your ports, it makes it even harder to break even.

I’m not really a drinker but I can’t imagine just prepaying Cheers just to avoid surprises.  But to each their own.

Exactly. I would always have to break even every day. Wife, you don't look so good! Who cares! How many more of these do I have to drink to break even!? Port calls make that even harder since Carnival does not offer the package anywhere onshore. 

Edited by asalligo

11 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Sorry in advance if this has been asked: Cheers is no good on the island, so drinks must be purchased. Do we use our Sail & Sign card or do we need to bring cash/debit card? Thanks.

You need to bring cash/credit card. I recommend not using a debit card overseas (or at all, really) since they often lack the same protections as a credit card.

6 hours ago, dgreeney said:

Writing about the Cheers package pricing has nothing to do with the post asking about whether or not it's honored at Amber Cove.  

The first response answered the OP's question.   If the thread goes askew, it'll be shut down by the mods.  The specifics of the Cheers program are not known by everyone, so the thread is still viable. 

This tool does the math to see if the Cheers package is worth it for people. The average drink prices are from the current prices seen on the Horizon (which match the prices from 2019)

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator

As to the original topic, I really hate that the Cheers package isn't included on Half Moon Cay. Last time I was there, I was literally on the tender with the alcohol and bartenders being brought over from the ship. It's ridiculous that they say it's not included there, but yeah, they'd end up loosing a lot of money.