Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If I read this correctly... vaccinated, you need proof and are on your own.  Non-vaccinated, you do it before boarding the ship?

I believe the operative word for the unvaccinated part of the statement is "additional" meaning they will need both the PCR or antigen test prior to arrival like the vaccinated now have to get as well as taking an additional test at the terminal prior to boarding.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was also watching.    So much fun to be able to watch her sail all the way from California.   We will be sailing Equinox so have been following the live blogs with much interest.  

Love that ship!    We've been on it 2x - once over Halloween and though we didn't dress up (except for my Cat ears), it was so much fun to see all of the costumes.   Both times we sailed we were in an Aft Corner Suite and I highly recommend them if you so inclined!    Best deck is 11 or 9, 8.  12 is right under the restaurant and 10 might be slightly obstructed.   Just saying! 

25 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Say, anybody know why a large life boat appeared to be chasing Equinox out of Port Everglades?

Listening to the radio, it sounded like the lifeboat belonged to the Oasis of the Seas (sitting right outside PEV). The container ship that followed the Equinox out was telling it to get out of the middle of the channel via the Oasis Captain. 

10 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Let me be very clear - I think this is for our sailing ONLY, because of the debacle yesterday. If you are on any other sailing, or leaving from any other port, follow the guidance you get from Celebrity.

if you are sailing next week and they have said bring your test results, I would schedule and get my test results to bring,

Sorry to be the slow kid, but what was the debacle? I can’t find an obvious thread, plus I was on Equinox this week and if there was a debacle onboard it didn’t impact me.

edit: never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by Elkins45

The question that I have after watching these threads the last two days are why are people refusing to disembark?  Two days in a row.  I do know that X prefers to keep these matters under wraps but it would be nice to know what is going on.

Today still went much better than yesterday but apparently still has some problems.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

Well, Edge’s passengers we’ve heard reports of refusing to disembark at the end of the cruise…Equinox had some passengers that for whatever reason needed to be taken off before the ship sailed.  

Post #87 of this thread, passengers are refusing to leave.

cangelmd and CJ, wishing you a fabulous week at sea. We’ll be thinking of you as you dine in Luminae and dreaming of our next dinner there. Wishing safe travels for you.   We still remember our first meeting with you at tables next to each other in Luminae at the embarkation lunch. Enjoy!

Edited by cmoore5524

12 hours ago, terricruise said:

I wondered that as well!     I wonder if the ship left without it?   Hmmm

There were 2 other cruise ships hanging out just off shore and a tender from each was out and about when we left.

7 hours ago, cmoore5524 said:

cangelmd and CJ, wishing you a fabulous week at sea. We’ll be thinking of you as you dine in Luminae and dreaming of our next dinner there. Wishing safe travels for you.   We still remember our first meeting with you at tables next to each other in Luminae at the embarkation lunch. Enjoy!

Cmoores - so wish you were here! Ship seems empty, but fun will be had. We will lift a glass of Mer Soleil for you!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Cmoores - so wish you were here! Ship seems empty, but fun will be had. We will lift a glass of Mer Soleil for you!

5 pages later, any response I may have had for you from page 1 is moot.  I did miss the part about optional testing.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  

17 hours ago, cangelmd said:

AlBacio about half full! That’s unusual.

image.jpg

This picture pulls at my heart strings, I miss it so much 😞.  Like so many others, here I sit living the experience again through people like you taking time out of your vacation to share with everyone here.

Have a fantastic week!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NengEuis said:

Listening to the radio, it sounded like the lifeboat belonged to the Oasis of the Seas (sitting right outside PEV). The container ship that followed the Equinox out was telling it to get out of the middle of the channel via the Oasis Captain. 

Do you bring a physical radio with you or is there some app you’re using? I’m curious!

19 hours ago, cangelmd said:

AlBacio about half full! That’s unusual.

image.jpg

@cangelmd Thanks for posting this photo.  Do you get the sense that venues are empty due to anything other than the reduced capacity sailing? Or does it seem like folks are avoiding certain areas?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cmoore5524 said:

Oh and I forgot, welcome to the SEC - now you get to watch SEC Sorts and laugh with us!

It’s been a rainy morning in Nassau, the catamaran and other boat excursions had to come back because of lightning. We have no off ship plans until a little shopping in Costa Maya.

Have heard nothing about passengers being taken off in FLL, although they did urgently page someone to guest services a bit before sailing.

All good, although it’s like having your own ginormous yacht

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

It’s been a rainy morning in Nassau, the catamaran and other boat excursions had to come back because of lightning. We have no off ship plans until a little shopping in Costa Maya.

Have heard nothing about passengers being taken off in FLL, although they did urgently page someone to guest services a bit before sailing.

All good, although it’s like having your own ginormous yacht

Have you heard if the shops are generally open or closed?  I know you're not shopping but you're their so......asking for DW🙂

3 hours ago, Veinless said:

Do you bring a physical radio with you or is there some app you’re using? I’m curious!

I was watching on the Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale webcams and there is a play button there to listen to the Port's live VHF radio communications with vessels. 

• Like 1