HAL requiring masks?

jayhawk66

10 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

If you were vaccinated in the U.S., have proof, as I understand it, there is no testing requirement right now.  https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/

Google tripadvisor forums hawaii and scroll through those posts for info on the Safe Travels program; you'll find info re registering your vaccination and being able to travel there.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

I just checked Walgreens in Seattle (since we are arriving on the 10th, four days early) and the closest location to where we are staying only showed availability for the 5th and 6th. I wonder if they don't schedule that far ahead.

Mike called our Walgreens and they only seem to schedule for the two days and not beyond and scheduling done online.  That must be their Policy no matter what State.  That’s could be tight getting an Appt. Since they only seem to schedule two days out!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 12cruise2 said:

It says from embarkation, 72 hours prior to embarkation.

So is it safe to assume if your boarding time is 1:00 PM on Saturday, then you cannot be tested before 1:00 PM on Wednesday?

30 minutes ago, zelker said:

There are no appointments currently available anywhere in the metro area (Denver-Boulder).  Believe me, I already checked.

Also, they won't do the rapid test for anyone unless you have symptoms or have been exposed.  Your family had to get a PCR test for Hawaii - it's unlikely we will have time to get the results back for the cruise.

My family got the ID Now test which is acceptable in Hawaii at Walgreen's in Boulder.  5 of them; it was acceptable in Hawaii, they got in to Hawaii, no problem.  I followed this info, too, on tripadvisor hawaii forums for months; it seemed Walgreen's was accepting appointments only 2-3 days in advance of when you needed an appointment, so maybe that's why you're not finding appointments. 

Edited by 12cruise2
added words
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I suppose it pays to not jump onto one of the earliest sailings after resumption of operations. Give them some time to work the kinks out, and for things to settle down.

Glad we're not scheduled to sail until next April..

It isn't "working out the kinks", it is dealing with a pandemic situation that is changing day by day.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Thanks for the information.  That doesn’t sound great.  Sometimes it just feels like this pandemic will never be over.  Hopefully I’m old enough that this will be the last one I’ll see.

The scientists are saying worldwide we're looking at 5 to 10 years (that includes 2020 and 2021).  The politicians of course like to sing a different tune.  

Edited by atexsix

50 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Interesting. I have quite a few friends that have gone to Hawaii and I have hear none of those complaints.

While I would love to go to Hawaii again, the thing that has prevented me from booking that is that it is at least 10 hours by air from New York. (I guess six hours from NYC to Seattle is not much better, but is sounds better to me!)

I know, hard to believe that it's the same distance roughly.

50 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

A friend’s Brother was recently there on Business and said the same!  

Not to burst anybody's bubble but lack of open restaurants is an issue in downtown Seattle too 😞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boytjie said:

Hawaii is a lot further away from NYC than Seattle is!

Seattle to Hawaii is not bad at all, about 5 1/2 hours.  European flights from Seattle are twice that (over the pole).

Just now, atexsix said:

So is it safe to assume if your boarding time is 1:00 PM on Saturday, then you cannot be tested before 1:00 PM on Wednesday?

Weren’t there reports of boarding times changing? I would think HAL shouldn’t be shuffling the boarding times too much from now on, in light of this new development.

1 minute ago, syesmar said:

Weren’t there reports of boarding times changing? I would think HAL shouldn’t be shuffling the boarding times too much from now on, in light of this new development.

I don't know.  Another development from the Carnival board, CVS's last appointment is 3:30 because the lab picks up the tests right after that, but someone at Carnival said not to test before 3:00, which doesn't leave much time on Wednesday, maybe Thursday would be better, but if you get a false pos and need to retest with the PCR, there wouldn't be enough time to get the results.  

I feel like I'm out at the track studying the racing form.  Does winning this race really boil down to who manages to get an appointment in time?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

Walgreen's in Boulder does the tests for free--go to Walgreen's covid testing site.  My family had it done there 6 weeks ago for Hawaii.  They got the ID Now test.

I called the local Walgreens. They do the "Rapid Abbott ID Now"  test which he said is a molecular test.  HAL requires a PCR or antigen test.  This is not the same he said.  So wonder if it would be accepted?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

I just checked Walgreens in Seattle (since we are arriving on the 10th, four days early) and the closest location to where we are staying only showed availability for the 5th and 6th. I wonder if they don't schedule that far ahead.

Is there a CVS?  I just checked the one by us and we can schedule out appointments as far out as August 17th. Much better than Walgreens with only the two day window.  

4 minutes ago, lindaler said:

What if you scheduled a b2b. Will the first one cover both?

There's been some talk on Celebrity and Carnival forums that it wouldn't but it seemed to be speculative based on the logic that you need a separate test for each cruise.  This might be a HAL question.

7 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Is there a CVS?  I just checked the one by us and we can schedule out appointments as far out as August 17th. Much better than Walgreens with only the two day window.  

If you're testing in Seattle there are not as many CVS's around, CVS is still growing out here, there's only a couple in my suburban area, not sure about downtown Seattle, I'd check google maps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

I did check CVS with not much success. First it said I did not qualified. Then it says the test results could take 1-2 days, Not good!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

I called the local Walgreens. They do the "Rapid Abbott ID Now"  test which he said is a molecular test.  HAL requires a PCR or antigen test.  This is not the same he said.  So wonder if it would be accepted?

CVS does Rapid Test (Antigen) and PCR.  

1 minute ago, Boytjie said:

I did check CVS with not much success. First it said I did not qualified. Then it says the test results could take 1-2 days, Not good!

They had a lot of questions.  I only answered Yes  for Travel and said No to all other questions for the Rapid Antigen Test which takes an hour to get results.  The PCR is 1 - 2 Days.   I was able to schedule if I wanted to but it asks for Medicare info, etc.  

Did they offer Rapid Test  (Antigen).   That’s the one you need!  I checked HAL again and says it’s accepted.