All Foreign Nationals coming into the United States will have to be fully vaccinated.

Robjame

I mean if your actually gonna vote for the conservatives idk what that says about you. Considering their leader is a absolute lunatic. I guess you can vote NDP but they will never gain power.

Edited by MStarzky

4 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Thanks for the update.

My apologies to @MaddyandMax. It is in fact millions.

No need to apologize, your number was the same amount I found when I was researching.  the "s" on millions really was a typo. 🙂

I'm sad to hear there are so many Canadians affected by this decision.

On the flip side, this will hopefully get Trudeau motivated to fix the problem.  The coming weeks will tell.

Not that ANY person should be judging why someone would vote the way they do... It's no one business but my own and I don't appreciate being scalded for it.  There is a block button.  I am a grown adult who can make my own educated decisions and if I'm mad about the dilemma I am now in, that's my prerogative.  Would I change my vote solely on this? Absolutely not.  Will it factor into my decision?  ABSOLUTELY.  Especially when here in Ontario they made it seem like it was dire to go out and get the first dose of whatever you can get.  If I have waited 2-3 weeks I could have got a second dose of Pfizer and wouldn't be in this predicament.  They didn't want Moderna doses to go to waste so they did what they had to.  Do I think it was the wrong decision?  No.  Do I wish we had been given more information so I could have made a better informed decision? Yes.  I would have waited knowing about this trip and that for my own personal family reasons I probably cannot move it to a future date.  Plus the fact that there are people booked on this cruise that may not be here next October to take the trip with me.  The 2-3 weeks wouldn't have made a difference.  I have a 9 year old who is obviously not vaccinated so I am already "sheltering in place" for lack of a better word.  I haven't even grocery shopped the entire pandemic and do everything online.  My husband and I work from home right now and my kids were/are on summer break.  So my family waiting a few weeks would not have affected anything, we would have not made anyone else sick.  But that information was not given to us.  People were shamed for walking out of appointments.  We didn't want to be like them, we wanted to do the right thing and protect others.

So, if you don't like who and why I vote for someone, please move on.  We shouldn't be shaming others, especially other Canadians, for our frustrations.  You are welcome to read my other posts in other forums on here.  I have ALWAYS said the Canadian government did the right thing.  That doesn't mean I can't be frustrated and upset over the situation.

@MStarky - I will not be voting Conservative.  I'm a woman, that's reason enough to say away from that party (in my humble opinion and I would NEVER judge anyone for the way they vote).  Don't count the NDP's out.  Jagmeet has quite a following with the younger crowd on social media.  It will be an interesting election 🙂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MStarzky said:

I mean if your actually gonna vote for the conservatives idk what that says about you. Considering their leader is a absolute lunatic. I guess you can vote NDP but they will never gain power.

LOL!

I'm a life long conservative and I can't really disagree with you too much about our dear leader. But, at least he is better than the last one. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

On the flip side, this will hopefully get Trudeau motivated to fix the problem.  The coming weeks will tell.

The only scientifically sound way to address the mixed dosage question is to have the results of multiple studies on their efficacy.  I hope those results would inform policy going forward, not vacation schedules.  Not trying to diss you on your vacation plans -- I'm disappointed too about the situation that a bunch of us (millions) are in with the mixed doses.  Rather, I'd just want to know that the AZ/Pfizer concoction is effective before I travel at all. 

Canada relied on preliminary findings of European studies (UK, Germany) when it decided to go in on mixed doses.  Has Canada done any of its own studies or monitoring since we started with the AZ/Pfizer?  Has anyone seen anything on that online?  I haven't but maybe someone on these boards has...   

If there's anything that the Feds should be pressured to do, it's this, I think:  studying the immune responses from the mixed doses.  

In the meantime, I'm glad that our surplus doses are being sent abroad to countries that are desperate. I'd rather that over booster shots right now.  The whole world needs to get well soon.  If not,  travel will continue to be limited. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

The only scientifically sound way to address the mixed dosage question is to have the results of multiple studies on their efficacy.  I hope those results would inform policy going forward, not vacation schedules.  Not trying to diss you on your vacation plans -- I'm disappointed too about the situation that a bunch of us (millions) are in with the mixed doses.  Rather, I'd just want to know that the AZ/Pfizer concoction is effective before I travel at all. 

Canada relied on preliminary findings of European studies (UK, Germany) when it decided to go in on mixed doses.  Has Canada done any of its own studies or monitoring since we started with the AZ/Pfizer?  Has anyone seen anything on that online?  I haven't but maybe someone on these boards has...   

If there's anything that the Feds should be pressured to do, it's this, I think:  studying the immune responses from the mixed doses.  

In the meantime, I'm glad that our surplus doses are being sent abroad to countries that are desperate. I'd rather that over booster shots right now.  The whole world needs to get well soon.  If not,  travel will continue to be limited. 

No diss taken. We booked this cruise when mixed doses were expressly accepted by Royal and because it was the only time our group of 11 could go.  It's been moved 4 times.

I agree, I don't think until any study is concluded that the CDC will change their stance.   But in the meantime Royal refuses to refund my money until 30 days before our cruise when the covid policies are officially be released.  I cancel now I'm screwed.  So we can't even book elsewhere for the same time frame.  That at the end of the day is my biggest frustration over this mess. 

We booked when they were allowed, now they aren't and you don't know when that will change so refund my money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

I found this:

https://www.med.ubc.ca/byline-date-only/new-canada-wide-research-to-study-mix-and-matching-covid-19-vaccines/

https://cirnetwork.ca/mosaic/

1 minute ago, MaddyandMax said:

We booked when they were allowed, now they aren't and you don't know when that will change so refund my money.

Wow - what an unpleasant situation to be in.   RCCL and other cruise lines are cash poor right now and maybe that's why they will do anything -- even if it's lousy customer service -- to hold onto your $. 

Have you called your credit card company to dispute the charges? 

2 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

Thanks!  Hadn't seen that before. 

I couldn't find any timelines given for reporting out on results.  Have you found any?

Just now, lots-of-km2 said:

Thanks!  Hadn't seen that before. 

I couldn't find any timelines given for reporting out on results.  Have you found any?

Me neither and it looks like they are still accepting participants so it may not have even started yet.

My honeymoon cruise in March may be in jeopardy at this rate. 😅

Credit card dispute - no go.  This is a cruise that was originally booked and paid for at the beginning of covid that has moved 3 times now, maybe 4, I can't remember at this point LOL

1 minute ago, lots-of-km2 said:

There might be a (sub-par) solution for that: honeymoon in Niagara Falls, cruise on the Maid of the Mist.

Shudder... I'm going to pretend you didn't suggest that! LOL

To be fair this is an 11 year late honeymoon, but I live very close to Niagara.  Niagara Falls is not somewhere I enjoy traveling.  Especially lately.  Have you seen the crowds?  Like we aren't in the middle of a pandemic... Insert eye roll

50 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

There might be a (sub-par) solution for that: honeymoon in Niagara Falls, cruise on the Maid of the Mist.

You have to be able to cross the border to sail The Maid of the Mist. The Canadian franchise is on Hornblower, but their red colour scheme goes better with the honeymoon theme. 😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robjame said:

o my complaints with the federal government have to do with the inadequate procurement of the vaccine which necessitated these decisions.

Unfortunately, shortages were primarily the result of suppliers being unable to meet their deliveries. Too many customers and too little supply globally. Canada purchased more than sufficient vaccine, early in the process, but delivery was often delayed. For example, there were significant shortfalls when Pfizer shut down in order to retool and increase production capacity. In other circumstances, the buyer would turn to a different supplier if the initial supplier couldn't meet the agreed upon deliveries, but as we all know, that was simply not possible in the case of COVID-19 vaccines.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

Me neither and it looks like they are still accepting participants so it may not have even started yet.

My honeymoon cruise in March may be in jeopardy at this rate. 😅

I read the study details again, and it appears that the data collection period for individual participants is 11 months.   

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:
8 hours ago, Robjame said:

Unfortunately, shortages were primarily the result of suppliers being unable to meet their deliveries.

You may have to go outside our state-sponsored media to get a more objective analysis of all the reasons we were slow off the mark.

Why Canada is falling behind in Covid vaccinations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56035306

• Like 1

We took the opportunity before Aug 9 to take a break in Niagara on the Lake. Here's the falls area .... empty!!! We were shocked. The boats, red Canadian, and packed blue American. It was wonderful to see the sites without humans packed everywhere. If the border closes again..... take the opportunity to see Ontari....air... ee.. o.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Robjame said:

You may have to go outside our state-sponsored media to get a more objective analysis of all the reasons we were slow off the mark.

Why Canada is falling behind in Covid vaccinations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56035306

LOL. State-sponsored media. This is Canada we are talking about, and apart from a limited number of community broadcasters, media in Canada are primarily owned by a small number of companies: Bell, Corus, Rogers,  and Quebecor. The CBC is the only state-owned media outlet and is far from being my sole source of information, or even my primary source for that matter.

BTW, nice bit of cherry picking, finding an article that (partly) supports your perspective. I guess that's what you call "objective analysis".

• Like 1

We were there twice in July.  We usually drive down and hit all the fruit stands and support local.  Both times we went down the main strip on the way home and it was PACKED.  Like before pandemic packed and less than half the people were wearing masks.  I was shocked.

Isn't the CBC "owned" by the Liberals? LOL  They paid for its existence, didn't they?

Oh, against the governments' (Fed and Provincial) messaging, I totally vaccine shopped for my second dose until I could land a second pfizer shot as I had a hunch the mix and match would have issues when it came to travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Curious that you turn to a foreign tax sponsored media conglomerate to attempt a justification.

I would point out that had the federal government signed vaccine deals with US instead of overseas suppliers, the orders subsequentlyigned by the then US President would have lead to even longer delays.

1 hour ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Isn't the CBC "owned" by the Liberals? LOL  They paid for its existence, didn't they?

Oh, against the governments' (Fed and Provincial) messaging, I totally vaccine shopped for my second dose until I could land a second pfizer shot as I had a hunch the mix and match would have issues when it came to travel.

The CBC is a crown corporation. As such it is owned by Canada. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, broberts said:

Curious that you turn to a foreign tax sponsored media conglomerate to attempt a justification.

I would point out that had the federal government signed vaccine deals with US instead of overseas suppliers, the orders subsequentlyigned by the then US President would have lead to even longer delays.

You are not going to change @Robjame's mind on this so why bother. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

You are not going to change @Robjame's mind on this so why bother.

Is that what this is all about - changing someone’s mind?

And here I thought this forum was about the exchange of information, ideas and opinions - without the need to engage in ad hominem attacks.

‘Dawg I might not agree with all you say about certain topics, but I do defend your right to say it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1