Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

16 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Thats for adding and putting friends or relatives in a different cabin attach to you so you can have a large table etc   I think this is what it means

Correct, I was thinking that some passengers might think ' Link Booking' was a way to do that.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:39 AM, QuilterGirl said:

Did you call the standard number, (800) 774-6237, to find someone who was able to make those MDR reservations for the group?

Yes. I think we were just lucky to connect with someone who could do the reservations. We will be visiting the MDR immediately after boarding to confirm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, memoak said:

We tell friends who sail on the same cruise as we do that they will have to book at least a reserve class mini to have dinner with us. Breakfast and lunch people pretty much do what they want. Why pay for reserve if you aren’t going to use it ?

That's what I would do, but I think these particular people were paying for the location of a certain mini suite and not the Reserve dining part.  But hey, spend your money any way you want, I say. 🙂

I'm spoiled to Reserve now and don't look forward to going back.

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

That's what I would do, but I think these particular people were paying for the location of a certain mini suite and not the Reserve dining part.  But hey, spend your money any way you want, I say. 🙂

I'm spoiled to Reserve now and don't look forward to going back.

Amen. We are sailing in Reserve July 31 for 2 weeks on the Grand

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kay S said:

When is that cruise?  I, for one, am looking forward to the day you get to make those arrangements.  Can we look forward to you telling us all about it?

I wish I could...Our cruise is SE Asia sailing out of Singapore in October.  It's not like it's a sold out sailing, yet I tried again last night and nope, not gonna happen.  Oh well I feel like I gave it all I could with no luck.  So you don't have to hear about it any more unless something changes.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

I wish I could...Our cruise is SE Asia sailing out of Singapore in October.  It's not like it's a sold out sailing, yet I tried again last night and nope, not gonna happen.  Oh well I feel like I gave it all I could with no luck.  So you don't have to hear about it any more unless something changes.

If it's October of this year, it looks like you will have to do all of this onboard.  Good luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Amen. We are sailing in Reserve July 31 for 2 weeks on the Grand

Be sure to let us know how this was on the Grand 😁. We have Reserve on the Grand in Oct. our first time with this dining option.

@doghog congrats on dinner reservations for October 2025.

could you share what dining room and what ship you were able to secure your reservations on. I have another thread for each ship. I’d like to add information if it’s different from what I’ve already got.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@doghog congrats on dinner reservations for October 2025.

could you share what dining room and what ship you were able to secure your reservations on. I have another thread for each ship. I’d like to add information if it’s different from what I’ve already got.

Thanks

Royal, Allegro MDR (DMW), 6:PM, two top. For all evenings. 

• Thanks 1

My next sailing is next spring. On my last two sailings with princess, I got set up with a regular table at a regular time and I really like that setup. For with the changes they're making now, I want to sign up for assinged dining. Is there a way you can do it online? I got the email about dining changes, but I don't see a way to implement them.

12 minutes ago, kad56 said:

My next sailing is next spring. On my last two sailings with princess, I got set up with a regular table at a regular time and I really like that setup. For with the changes they're making now, I want to sign up for assinged dining. Is there a way you can do it online? I got the email about dining changes, but I don't see a way to implement them.

Yes you make dinner reservations if you want to, there is one walk up restaurant available ,the other two are reserve. You do it on the app or the Web version on your PC, your phone, etc..

From Princess website: choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand’s industry exclusive OceanNow location-based “anywhere” service. Booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Open seating (Princesses new term) AKA walk-in is just that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes you make dinner reservations if you want to, there is one walk up restaurant available ,the other two are reserve. You do it on the app or the Web version on your PC, your phone, etc..

Thank you - but where do I click?

I figured it out. I downloaded the app, and looked at the two MDR restaurants. One had two time slots (5 and 7:30), so I assume that's the fixed dining restaraunt. I booked a private table at 5pm for every day of the cruise. This was much quicker than chattin online, where I had to wait be connected to an agent, then the chat took a long time, and I ended up losing patience and figuring it out on my own on the app.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kad56 said:

I figured it out. I downloaded the app, and looked at the two MDR restaurants. One had two time slots (5 and 7:30), so I assume that's the fixed dining restaraunt. I booked a private table at 5pm for every day of the cruise. This was much quicker than chattin online, where I had to wait be connected to an agent, then the chat took a long time, and I ended up losing patience and figuring it out on my own on the app.

Good! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted. Now, the thing I'm wondering is if the software on the app and on the web version will only allow as many tables for two at 5:00 as they actually have in the traditional dining room. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that it doesn't and they allow way more of those reservations than they actually have tables for. 

Posted (edited)

I used that app on their website. It also allowed me to make reservations. BUT when I look at the app on my phone it still says I can't make them.?????

Called and was told they would show up on the phone app after I make the final payment.???

Don't like this.....could be my final cruise on a Princess ship. Lots of other choices out there.

Edited by Gunner 66
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunner 66 said:

I used that app on their website. It also allowed me to make reservations. BUT when I look at the app on my phone it still says I can't make them.?????

Called and was told they would show up on the phone app after I make the final payment.???

Don't like this.....could be my final cruise on a Princess ship. Lots of other choices out there.

If it's on the website you should be good...annoying, yes I agree.  

Posted (edited)

@Gunner 66 so you made dinner reservations on the web version  app,but you can’t see them to print anything out? And you called Princess and they said that your reservations are in the system, but they won’t show on your phone app until after final payment? Am I getting all this correct,

I wouldn’t worry about it ,once you make final payment approximately 90 days from your voyage- right after that you should see the Reservations, maybe. I would say just print out what you have now for proof  if that’s possible. I don’t think they really meant pay your cruise off now and then you could see your reservations or did they ?

Edited by arizonaperson

On 7/21/2024 at 8:06 PM, doghog said:

1-800-774-6237. Follow the few simple instructions to get connected to the OR dept. 

So I called them this evening and spoke with a very nice man and he "created a ticket" and he is supposed to called me in 24-48 hours to see if anything can be done. I'm not holding my breath but it was refreshing to find someone who listened and tried to help  He even remembered that he helped me book a book to book once.  

• Like 1

We are first time Princess cruisers, not fully paid and 6 months out from departure. I made MDR reservations using my desk top computer.  When I look at the phone app, however, it says I can't do it yet.  When I go back and check my reservations on the computer it shows my entire dining choices.  My question is do I really have those times reserved or not? Is there somewhere in my account I can double check?  I've read because we are new to Princess we have to wait until 60 days before sailing to do so.  Will I have to go back at 60 days and redo it?  I'm totally confused.  Help!

😕

59 minutes ago, farjar said:

We are first time Princess cruisers, not fully paid and 6 months out from departure. I made MDR reservations using my desk top computer.  When I look at the phone app, however, it says I can't do it yet.  When I go back and check my reservations on the computer it shows my entire dining choices.  My question is do I really have those times reserved or not? Is there somewhere in my account I can double check?  I've read because we are new to Princess we have to wait until 60 days before sailing to do so.  Will I have to go back at 60 days and redo it?  I'm totally confused.  Help!

😕

This is par for the course, I'm afraid.  Princess IT is dismal.  You could call Princess to see if the reservations worked, but that isn't foolproof either.  Welcome to Princess. 🙃

• Haha 1