Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services

MTtraveler

17 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Excellent walk through, s.j.! Well done! And many, many thanks for people wondering how this thing goes down! 👍👍   In my opinion, this is the post of the day! Very helpful!

I am glad I asked the question and it seem using a laptop that bends a bit for camera is easiest.

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Thanks for the explanation in detail.

amazing it now comes down to test on computer. Sure wish they would provide the hours eMed is open for these tests

If you're talking about when can you do the proctor test - it's 24/7. I believe it's primarily resourced from the Philippines (or at least it was). These were initially for people returning to the US on flights but since they were CDC approved the cruise lines decided to use them also. Issues were reported back in July on some people having to wait 2+ hours to take the test (get a proctor) but I know in August the longest I waited was 3 minutes. I think they were having the same issue as the US in not being able to find help and as it got more popular didn't have the resources. Now with the cruise lines using these it could go back to a similar situation. 

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I am glad I asked the question and it seem using a laptop that bends a bit for camera is easiest.

Bend is helpful but if you sit your laptop back (farther away form you) then that also works. They only need a true closeup to scan the QR code on the kit and then view the results. In both cases you hold it up to the camera. I can't remember them needing any close ups of anything else like me swabbing my nose or even inserting it into the tester, but I'm old and senile and d...... sorry forgot what I was saying....

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Thanks for the explanation in detail.

amazing it now comes down to test on computer. Sure wish they would provide the hours eMed is open for these tests

Proctors are available 24/7. 
The first test we did was around 3pm and the second one we did was about 1:30am. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GeoHack said:

Bend is helpful but if you sit your laptop back (farther away form you) then that also works. They only need a true closeup to scan the QR code on the kit and then view the results. In both cases you hold it up to the camera. I can't remember them needing any close ups of anything else like me swabbing my nose or even inserting it into the tester, but I'm old and senile and d...... sorry forgot what I was saying....

This is correct. Enough space to have you in the camera, the test equipment and the test card. We found it a little difficult on our desktop, but the laptop was easier because we could tilt the screen a little. 

22 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

I have done two tests already. So, when you are ready to test you go to https://www.emed.com/ and click on start testing. It asks you questions like "what is the testing being used for", "do you have your drivers license or photo ID" and "are your hands washed and sanitized?" It then asks you to test your speakers & mic. If you hear the sound you click ok. Then it will say "connecting with a proctor in XX minutes." When that happens, it connects your cam and you see yourself in a little square on the top right. They see/hear you, you hear them but don't see them. Make sure you have a space on the table to do the test big enough that you and the test are always in the camera view. They walk you through what to do while the instructions are also in the screen. After testing they go away and set a timer for 15 minutes. You can leave the screen but the test must always stay in the screen. After 15 minutes another proctor will join you and walk you through the test results. You get the results immediately on the app and an email in 3-5 minutes. 

Thanks so much for the info! Very helpful & I wanted to ask how long it took to get the email too so good to see that answered. 
I'm wondering tho if one of us positive, what happens then? When we call Carnival to tell them,  do we get refunded or a FCC or have to use our travel insurance?

1 hour ago, Snookie415 said:

Thanks so much for the info! Very helpful & I wanted to ask how long it took to get the email too so good to see that answered. 
I'm wondering tho if one of us positive, what happens then? When we call Carnival to tell them,  do we get refunded or a FCC or have to use our travel insurance?

You’re welcome! I’m not 100% certain on the one person testing thing, but someone did post on here that if you call that offers a full refund. Again, take that at face value. 🙂 

8 hours ago, Snookie415 said:

If you cannot cruise because of a positive test, you are refunded port fees and taxes. The cruise fare is FCC. I would assume that excursions, dinners, spa, etc are all refunds as well. The cruise fare is the only part that is FCC.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, surfjock27 said:

Proctors are available 24/7. 
The first test we did was around 3pm and the second one we did was about 1:30am. 

oh good to know

I still did cancel my trip because I am hearing folks not getting their fed ex shipments and

with the explosion of testing, I think there is going to be shortages.  

Surely some other company will emerge and not let eMed have monopoly.   and surely they are making more tests.

I wish they would have more CVS doing the quick test too.  And I wish the 3 day window would come back

I called Emed, and they said only 3 people will be prescription filled and proctored, I asked if 4 people can take the test and be proctored (televisit), ,they say no the $150 price includes only 3 televisits,  He said you can use the other tests to self test if you want, but not proctored. Just an FYI

I'm curious though about the 2pk and 3pk sold by Optum how that works, is it still a 2pk for only one person?  I forgot to ask Emed that question.

1 hour ago, lele100 said:

I called Emed, and they said only 3 people will be prescription filled and proctored, I asked if 4 people can take the test and be proctored (televisit), ,they say no the $150 price includes only 3 televisits,  He said you can use the other tests to self test if you want, but not proctored. Just an FYI

I'm curious though about the 2pk and 3pk sold by Optum how that works, is it still a 2pk for only one person?  I forgot to ask Emed that question.

I don't think any of this makes sense.  I think the recommendation from emed on theses tests is that you take 2 tests a certain amount of days apart so that's why they are saying 6 can only be for 3 people.  And someone is writing a prescription, whether we know it or not so maybe that's part of it too. I think on Emed you have to list the people who will be testing and someone writes those people a prescription.  On optum I picked that I was ordering the tests for myself.  Maybe if I said I was ordering for someone else I would have had to list their names.  But I don't think its possible for them to even know if one person is taking all 6 tests or 6 separate people are taking the tests.  They don't come in packs that are associated with each other.  Like the first 3 pack I bought had different lot numbers and expiration dates.  They didn't scan the test QR code and somehow connect it to me. They just grabbed 3 off the shelf, shoved them in a mailing bag and sent them to me.   I'm not sure if any of that is making sense but I call BS on what they are telling you.  

14 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I don't think any of this makes sense.  I think the recommendation from emed on theses tests is that you take 2 tests a certain amount of days apart so that's why they are saying 6 can only be for 3 people.  And someone is writing a prescription, whether we know it or not so maybe that's part of it too. I think on Emed you have to list the people who will be testing and someone writes those people a prescription.  On optum I picked that I was ordering the tests for myself.  Maybe if I said I was ordering for someone else I would have had to list their names.  But I don't think its possible for them to even know if one person is taking all 6 tests or 6 separate people are taking the tests.  They don't come in packs that are associated with each other.  Like the first 3 pack I bought had different lot numbers and expiration dates.  They didn't scan the test QR code and somehow connect it to me. They just grabbed 3 off the shelf, shoved them in a mailing bag and sent them to me.   I'm not sure if any of that is making sense but I call BS on what they are telling you.  

I agree.  It seems to me there may be a disconnect between how the tests are supposed to be used and how they can be used in reality.  Technically it is only supposed to be two tests per person meaning six tests for three people.  That's why CSR says this when people call.  But in reality there is no enforcement of this when the test is proctored which would mean any individual test can be used by whoever is contacting the proctor.  The ordering of the tests seems to be separate from the administration/proctoring of the test even though both are included with purchase.  It's possible that I might be testing this theory in a few weeks although it's looking more and more like we will only need three tests as one parent is going to stay home with unvaccinated/age < 12 son.

All of the above is just my theory and should NOT be used for decision making by anyone else without further real life confirmation.

3 hours ago, lele100 said:

This is the confusing part of ordering the 6 pack. You will only receive up to 3 prescriptions, which are not necessary for the video proctoring. I believe it's for reimbursement from HSA, Flex, or insurance. Each of the six boxes have an unique code for a single video session and are not associated with the prescription. I originally ordered a two pack from Optum and answered the questionnaire that they were both going to be used by me. When testing time came along, I used one kit and my wife used the other. Each of us had to schedule an appointment on the eMed site and each of us had to setup a NAVICA app account. Testing was seamless and quick. No questions about the prescription. In fact, I ordered a 6 pack from eMed and will be using them for 4 different people - and when ordering this time, I again said they were only for me. I'm 100% confident that this is going to work. They do recommend having more than 1 kit available for each person taking the test in case there are problems with the kit itself or a false reading.

Edited by MTtraveler
  • Thanks 1

Hi All, 

So we ordered a 6 pack from Emed.com and then we ordered a two pack from Optum.com. If we have 3 of our 4 people prescribed on emed.com, how do we prescribe the 4th person?

Or does the 4th person have to buy another $150 6 pack to be prescribed?

tia

36 minutes ago, tomcatguy74 said:

Hi All, 

So we ordered a 6 pack from Emed.com and then we ordered a two pack from Optum.com. If we have 3 of our 4 people prescribed on emed.com, how do we prescribe the 4th person?

Or does the 4th person have to buy another $150 6 pack to be prescribed?

tia

Through the app. eMed doesn't tag kits to a person until they are proctored. 6 people can take the 6 pack test.

• Like 1