Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services

MTtraveler

2 hours ago, Racetimer said:

Can more than one persons results be used on one app?  Has anyone have any problems using this? 

Yes, but each person must have their own account or profile. I login and logout for my profile, and my wife logs in using her profile/account. I have not used the managed profile option under one account.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, hersheysmother said:

I am looking at purchasing a two pack from Optum for my husband and myself. I heard that if I purchase them, they can only be used for me, so I would have to purchase separately if I want one of them to be for my husband?

You can each use one.  You only need to have separate Navica account profile as stated in the post above.  eMed doesn't care who bought the tests when you are taking the test.

• Thanks 2

Can you take the test anytime on the day you are allowed to start testing? So, If the ship is leaving Sunday, can I take this test at 1am on Friday?

We are leaving this Sunday and worried there will be long wait times for a proctor with everyone traveling for the holidays, so wanting to do it in the middle of the night. We have a backup plan at Noon on Friday (testing at airport) if there are any issues.

28 minutes ago, jk928 said:

Can you take the test anytime on the day you are allowed to start testing? So, If the ship is leaving Sunday, can I take this test at 1am on Friday?

We are leaving this Sunday and worried there will be long wait times for a proctor with everyone traveling for the holidays, so wanting to do it in the middle of the night. We have a backup plan at Noon on Friday (testing at airport) if there are any issues.

Yes.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

oh good to know

I still did cancel my trip because I am hearing folks not getting their fed ex shipments and

with the explosion of testing, I think there is going to be shortages.  

Surely some other company will emerge and not let eMed have monopoly.   and surely they are making more tests.

I wish they would have more CVS doing the quick test too.  And I wish the 3 day window would come back

So far there's a one order limitation on eMed's website but they are still taking orders. We placed our third order for 6 tests on Monday and received it today (Wednesday). This time it was only delayed by 1 day and it has a 11/2022 expiration date. It's good to have as a backup for any international travel.

IMG_5494.png

IMG_5526.png

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

We tested Christmas Day from our hotel in Miami. First test wait time was, I think around 20 minutes, second was 5 minutes and third was just a couple minutes. Kits were free from our local library, thank you BuckeyeFrank, though they have ran out this week with the omicron surge. Miami had 3 locations open Christmas Day and seemed to have a long list of testing sites. I highly recommend the proctored BinaxNOW test, especially for those flying in 2 or more days pre-cruise.

21 minutes ago, mondello said:

We tested Christmas Day from our hotel in Miami. First test wait time was, I think around 20 minutes, second was 5 minutes and third was just a couple minutes. Kits were free from our local library, thank you BuckeyeFrank, though they have ran out this week with the omicron surge. Miami had 3 locations open Christmas Day and seemed to have a long list of testing sites. I highly recommend the proctored BinaxNOW test, especially for those flying in 2 or more days pre-cruise.

Agree, easy process!  Just worried about shipping delays… 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, marne001 said:

Will a "Asymptomatic PCR Test" work?  This is also free at Quest Diagnostics.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, Jasalth said:

Yes their wait times can be long, and even they admit it. But, the closest rapid back up test place is about a 45 min drive each way from my house, and costs $75pp, so 6 tests for $173 with shipping even if I have to have a device "waiting" for 2 hours to get the test done, seems like a no brainer for us! When I can do it at home and finish packing and getting everything ready to go while waiting I will take it! Now.. if I was using it to get back into the US I would feel differently because who wants to waste time ON vacation! 

To the testing facility -- HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!!!

IF, a business knows their service is slow, why not put a few more out of work Americans TO WORK????

I purchased a box of 6 from emed and it was approved, overnighted and arrived yesterday. We sail on Sat 1/8 and I had appointments booked as back up if needed. I was worried since we had 6 tests and 6 people that I would run into an issue and need my back up appointments at CVS but none at all. We all tested negative and were completed very quickly. From start to finish each person was about 20 -25 mins. It was perfect 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gnegron22 said:

I just got 4 kits from them, 4 days to get to me. I live in MA. Exp date is Nov 22

4 hours ago, Gin-soaked bar-room queen said:

Has anyone received tests from Optum recently? What’s the expiration date?

Our three pack arrived three days ago took about three days from ordering. Expiration date is Nov 6, 2022 on all 

5 hours ago, gnegron22 said:

I just got 4 kits from them, 4 days to get to me. I live in MA. Exp date is Nov 22

Did they come FedEx?  I ordered last night but haven't gotten the "shipped" email yet.  I still have time.  We sail 2/20 on Glory.

2 hours ago, birdy said:

Did they come FedEx?  I ordered last night but haven't gotten the "shipped" email yet.  I still have time.  We sail 2/20 on Glory.

I didn’t get any type of confirmation email at all. I ordered after lunch on Wednesday and was shocked when they showed up the next day. Expiration is 11/202. 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:57 PM, birdy said:

Yes mine came thru Fedex.  Just looked at the box and on the shipping label it was a Priority Overnight shipment.

I live in south Florida and just picked up two free test kits at a drive through park near my home that was distributed by Palm Beach County to residents.  I had to wait in line for an hour but it was worth it.  The kits have an expiration date of 11/2022.

Is any other State besides Florida distributing free Covid-19 test kits?

12 minutes ago, tattoos said:

I live in south Florida and just picked up two free test kits at a drive through park near my home that was distributed by Palm Beach County to residents.  I had to wait in line for an hour but it was worth it.  The kits have an expiration date of 11/2022.

Is any other State besides Florida distributing free Covid-19 test kits?

In Colorado they will send them out through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. We can get two boxes containing two tests at a time, and re-order as needed. They are the OTC tests, not the proctored ones.