Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services

MTtraveler

55 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Careful. The same kit is available with and without eMed telehealth. If you walk into your drugstore and buy BinaxNOW test for $23.99, then 1) you don't get a monitored test, and 2) you're not getting on the boat.

On this one thread alone there has been at least 4 or 5 pictures showing exactly what they need to purchase regarding the monitored ones. If by now they cannot figure out which one is being discussed then maybe they need to go with CVS….

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

On this one thread alone there has been at least 4 or 5 pictures showing exactly what they need to purchase regarding the monitored ones. If by now they cannot figure out which one is being discussed then maybe they need to go with CVS….

Easy there. Some people just like to make sure. Some people want to make the information as readily available as possible. Just looking out for each other. Happy sailings my friend. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

Easy there. Some people just like to make sure. Some people want to make the information as readily available as possible. Just looking out for each other. Happy sailings my friend. 

oh I agree and didn’t mean to come across rudely.  It’s just the direction of the thread was speaking about the monitored tests so I didn’t clarify my response.  

I know you are just trying to help too.  My apologies if my wording came across wrong…..it was not my intention….

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, furf_n_slo said:

I just went to order the six pack. But it only lets me put in three names.  I need to test 4 people.  Can you add a name later? I thought I saw someone else ask this question but of course can't find it now to see if there were responses.  Thanks!

The 3 people for a 6 pack is for backups for each person if one of the tests is faulty/inconclusive etc.

But 6 different people could use 1 test each  they just need an account on the app.

I'm curious as to how often the tests come back inconclusive.  So far in this thread I've seen mention of it once.  I bought a 3 pack for 3 people.  I have plenty of time to order more but I'm considering ordering more or just scheduling a test at CVS as the back up and cancelling if all 3 test work.  

Has anyone else tried it and had it come back inconclusive/faulty?

I have another question. Those of you who are using CVS/Walgreens, are you signing up for the rapid test?  I feel a little dense asking since Carnival's website says rapid test are ok for fully vaccinated people.  But I guess I just want confirmation that this works.  

54 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I'm curious as to how often the tests come back inconclusive.  So far in this thread I've seen mention of it once.  I bought a 3 pack for 3 people.  I have plenty of time to order more but I'm considering ordering more or just scheduling a test at CVS as the back up and cancelling if all 3 test work.  

I would absolutely have a backup, order a couple more as i have read that sometimes local pharmacies are cancelling testing appointments, so best to have multiple layers of protection here.  These tests are not 100% accurate, and they will fail and you don’t want to be within 48 hours of leaving with no backup plan when you spend a few extra dollars right now.  We bought the 6 pack from eMed for the 2 of us.  

40 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I have another question. Those of you who are using CVS/Walgreens, are you signing up for the rapid test?  I feel a little dense asking since Carnival's website says rapid test are ok for fully vaccinated people.  But I guess I just want confirmation that this works.  

For the most part, yes the rapid tests will work, and i believe from reading the major pharmacy sites as well as Carnivals that the ones they offer (by appointment and administered by them NOT on the shelf for purchase) will be fine for the cruise line, but do your homework and double check to make sure.  PCR tests probably should be avoided as they generally take significant longer than the rapid tests to come back.

Edited by Steelers0854
Clarifying pharmacy tests

1 hour ago, rlindholm said:

Here my plan. And I know it's over kill but, Were planning on buying the set of 6 from emed. And the Tuesday before our Thursday sailing, me, the wife, and our daughter are each going to take a test at cvs, and then go straight to Walgreens/rite aid and each take another test. And then on Wednesday, were going to each take one of the emed tests. And then another test on Thursdays before boarding. Back ups on back ups on back ups. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

Here my plan. And I know it's over kill but, Were planning on buying the set of 6 from emed. And the Tuesday before our Thursday sailing, me, the wife, and our daughter are each going to take a test at cvs, and then go straight to Walgreens/rite aid and each take another test. And then on Wednesday, were going to each take one of the emed tests. And then another test on Thursdays before boarding. Back ups on back ups on back ups. 😉

TAKE ALL THE TESTS! 😂

I totally feel ya. I'm driving my cruisemates bonkers with all my plan bs and backups to plan b and backups to backups...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

🤪 I mean, that is crazy but I get it.  There is not much I wouldn't do to make sure I don't miss out on our cruise.  But... Why not take the emed one first and if it works and you are all negative, leave it at that?  I'm just thinking about how your noses will feel after all of that swabbing. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ladybug5 said:

Can you use 1 cell phone with  Navica app for 2 people to test & get 2 separate results. Does this also require 2 separate wait times to do testing?

Yes to two different wait times. It requires a unique session for each person, Each person has to have a NAVICA account. Not sure how that works with the app. You may have use your phones browser as I have seen in some review videos. 

14 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

agreed if you go on emed site to purchase it really dosent tell you if you  are getting the AG RX with telehealth unless you read further into the fine print and is still a bit confusing

1 hour ago, rlindholm said:

🤪 I mean, that is crazy but I get it.  There is not much I wouldn't do to make sure I don't miss out on our cruise.  But... Why not take the emed one first and if it works and you are all negative, leave it at that?  I'm just thinking about how your noses will feel after all of that swabbing. 

To be honest, after the cvs and right aid test,(free) if we get those results back before we start using the emed, I'll call that good and find someone to donate the emed tests to. Emeds are pretty much the back ups. The last minute, just in case we dont get our results back in time, tests lol

On 9/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, grumpyjr88 said:

Just a camera so they can see you open the test, take the test, and read the results. You can use your phone camera or webcam on laptop/PC. 

question.  how is the camera activated.  does the app or do you have to open up the camera.

I have an all in one computer and a laptop and never used the camera.

I want to go my cruises but unsure of how to do all the setups for camera part.  Lots of information on the test but not the camera access or setup.

any help would be appreciated so that I do not have to give up and cancel my Oct cruise

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

question.  how is the camera activated.  does the app or do you have to open up the camera.

I want to go my cruises but unsure of how to do all the setups for camera part.  Lots of information on the test but not the camera access or setup.

any help would be appreciated so that I do not have to give up and cancel my Oct cruise

To be honest, it should just open the camera when you open the app/website. It may ask for your permission first. Give it a test run if you want. As far as I know, you can get it all set up and get connected with a proctor and then once you know everything is functional, you can just back out. Just don't open your test box.

1 hour ago, Dwright826 said:

To be honest, it should just open the camera when you open the app/website. It may ask for your permission first. Give it a test run if you want. As far as I know, you can get it all set up and get connected with a proctor and then once you know everything is functional, you can just back out. Just don't open your test box.

ok thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwright826 said:

You could also download skype, Microsoft teams, or any app that requires the use of a camera and try a video conference with someone.  I think for the most part, Dwright862 is right that you'll get a prompt asking if you will allow the website to access your microphone and speaker and you'll just need to click yes.  If that doesn't work you can also do a google search on the subject and there are plenty of very well put together steps or tutorials telling you how to fix the issue.  I've had to do that plenty of times.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 9:33 PM, GTO-Girl said:

Or deserve the consequences for being cheap.

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have done two tests already. So, when you are ready to test you go to https://www.emed.com/ and click on start testing. It asks you questions like "what is the testing being used for", "do you have your drivers license or photo ID" and "are your hands washed and sanitized?" It then asks you to test your speakers & mic. If you hear the sound you click ok. Then it will say "connecting with a proctor in XX minutes." When that happens, it connects your cam and you see yourself in a little square on the top right. They see/hear you, you hear them but don't see them. Make sure you have a space on the table to do the test big enough that you and the test are always in the camera view. They walk you through what to do while the instructions are also in the screen. After testing they go away and set a timer for 15 minutes. You can leave the screen but the test must always stay in the screen. After 15 minutes another proctor will join you and walk you through the test results. You get the results immediately on the app and an email in 3-5 minutes. 

Edited by surfjock27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I have done two tests already. So, when you are ready to test you go to https://www.emed.com/ and click on start testing. It asks you questions like "what is the testing being used for", "do you have your drivers license or photo ID" and "are your hands washed and sanitized?" It then asks you to test your speakers & mic. If you hear the sound you click ok. Then it will say "connecting with a proctor in XX minutes." When that happens, it connects your cam and you see yourself in a little square on the top right. They see/hear you, you hear them but don't see them. Make sure you have a space on the table to do the test big enough that you and the test are always in the camera view. They walk you through what to do while the instructions are also in the screen. After testing they go away and set a timer for 15 minutes. You can leave the screen but the test must always stay in the screen. After 15 minutes another proctor will join you and walk you through the test results. You get the results immediately on the app and an email in 3-5 minutes. 

Excellent walk through, s.j.! Well done! And many, many thanks for people wondering how this thing goes down! 👍👍   In my opinion, this is the post of the day! Very helpful!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

Thanks for the explanation in detail.

amazing it now comes down to test on computer. Sure wish they would provide the hours eMed is open for these tests