Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services

MTtraveler

46 minutes ago, tattoos said:

I live in south Florida and just picked up two free test kits at a drive through park near my home that was distributed by Palm Beach County to residents.  I had to wait in line for an hour but it was worth it.  The kits have an expiration date of 11/2022.

Is any other State besides Florida distributing free Covid-19 test kits?

Ohio has been giving out free kits for the proctored tests for a few months at our local libraries. However, supplies are currently scarce during the Omicron surge. We had free kits for our Sunshine cruise 12/26 and were able to complete the tests from our hotel in Miami.

I just ordered a two-pack from Optum.  The delivery arrived in 3-4 days.  However, one of the test boxes was missing the Lot # / Expiration Date sticker on the back.  The other box had a sticker with a 11-2022 expiration date.  I called Optum and they are sending me a replacement test box.  I don't know if this would make a difference in conducting the test but wanted to make sure of the expiration timing.

Lesson learned:  allow enough ordering time to allow for product issues like this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tattoos said:

I live in south Florida and just picked up two free test kits at a drive through park near my home that was distributed by Palm Beach County to residents.  I had to wait in line for an hour but it was worth it.  The kits have an expiration date of 11/2022.

Is any other State besides Florida distributing free Covid-19 test kits?

Arkansas will soon begin giving away free Covid tests at Libraries and Health Units; however, I do not believe they are not the proctored tests.

5 hours ago, wmr said:

I just ordered a two-pack from Optum.  The delivery arrived in 3-4 days.  However, one of the test boxes was missing the Lot # / Expiration Date sticker on the back.  The other box had a sticker with a 11-2022 expiration date.  I called Optum and they are sending me a replacement test box.  I don't know if this would make a difference in conducting the test but wanted to make sure of the expiration timing.

Lesson learned:  allow enough ordering time to allow for product issues like this.

That is weird. I am hoping that the test I just ordered are not like this. Are they having you send back the one that has the missing information?

17 minutes ago, Mandar13077 said:

That is weird. I am hoping that the test I just ordered are not like this. Are they having you send back the one that has the missing information?

No return required of the test box with no label..  I will still try to use it myself.

• Like 1

Are the tests that are ordered from Optum the proctored ones?  Where do you order the non-proctored tests from?

mondello:  I'm glad you were able to use the tests for your cruise on the Sunshine in December.

Good luck to everyone with their testing challenges.  We sailed on the Horizon in November and were able to get tested two days prior at Walgreens.  Now our April cruise is looming and I picked up the free test kits today just in case we are not able to utilize Walgreen's for testing.  Hopefully, Covid19 will start to wane and we can start to travel a little more safely.

We loved sailing on the Horizon and am now spoiled because there were no lines anywhere for anything.  A crew member told us that the ship was at 50% capacity.  No waiting at the Lido buffet, no lines for pizza, Guy Fieri's burgers, Blue Iguana, etc.  We tried Guy Fieri's Smokehouse Restaurant and loved it.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mygirlsemandsam said:

Arkansas will soon begin giving away free Covid tests at Libraries and Health Units; however, I do not believe they are not the proctored tests.

I also picked up the ones in palm beach county given out by the county and I do believe they are the proctored ones they have a r/x only symbol at the bottom of the box and it says do not open till told to do so

On 1/8/2022 at 7:58 PM, Mandar13077 said:

However, one of the test boxes was missing the Lot # / Expiration Date sticker on the back.  The other box had a sticker with a 11-2022 expiration date.  I called Optum and they are sending me a replacement test box.  I don't know if this would make a difference in conducting the test but wanted to make sure of the expiration timing.

It does make a difference. One of the first things they do when starting the test is to have you show the box to verify it has not been opened, and then to show them the label which has the code and expiration date.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:35 PM, mygirlsemandsam said:

We are in Arkansas, too.  Received a notice from our local library yesterday that the tests were available.  Less then 2 hours later, we received another notice stating that the tests were all gone and that more would be available on Thursday.  I don't believe they are the proctored tests either.  Just guessing, but I find it hard to believe that the proctored version would be given away since they are more costly from what I've seen.  (Go Hogs!)

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We are in Arkansas, too.  Received a notice from our local library yesterday that the tests were available.  Less then 2 hours later, we received another notice stating that the tests were all gone and that more would be available on Thursday.  I don't believe they are the proctored tests either.  Just guessing, but I find it hard to believe that the proctored version would be given away since they are more costly from what I've seen.  (Go Hogs!)

I work at the library. We were out within a few hours. They are not the proctored tests. The following is a link of pick-up locations. It does have some locations missing (our library is missing). https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/covid-19-guidance-for-at-home-testing

1 hour ago, mygirlsemandsam said:

I work at the library. We were out within a few hours. They are not the proctored tests. The following is a link of pick-up locations. It does have some locations missing (our library is missing). https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/covid-19-guidance-for-at-home-testing

You and the team do a great job at our library!  My husband and I always stop by just before cruising to pick up books to read on the ship. Thank you for this info.  Fortunately, I do not need a test, but it's good info to have.  

7 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

I got two test kits  (Abbot Binex) from our local library in Ohio. I used them just prior to our cruise on January 3rd. It was pretty easy. You down load the NAVICA app on your phone. There are a couple of videos you can watch on YOU TUBE that explain it all.  Good luck everyone.

Engineer

15 hours ago, ENGINEER said:

I got two test kits  (Abbot Binex) from our local library in Ohio. I used them just prior to our cruise on January 3rd. It was pretty easy. You down load the NAVICA app on your phone. There are a couple of videos you can watch on YOU TUBE that explain it all.  Good luck everyone.

Engineer

Not all states are giving out the proctored tests.  In Arkansas, it's the non-proctored versions.  

15 hours ago, ENGINEER said:

Engineer

Do you have to be an Ohio resident to get tests from your library? We are not far from you, just over the border into Pennsylvania... I wonder if it is worth the 30 minute drive to get free proctered test kits...

D-Train

44 minutes ago, adam3313 said:

Anyone order recently know what the expiration on the tests is?  Considering buying a 6-pack, but want to make sure they'd cover all planned cruises.

Thanks!

I ordered from Optum a couple of weeks ago and they shipped fast. Both tests had a November expiration date.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, iamsteph said:

What's the turnaround time on these kits now? I ordered from Optum on the 4th and haven't received any kind of shipping notification. They did charge my card on the 5th though....

I would contact Optum to check on your order. I ordered late afternoon on 1/10 and had a tracking number by 8:30am on 1/11. My tests just arrived on 1/13.  They came all the way from California to Tennessee.

2 hours ago, d-train said:

Do you have to be an Ohio resident to get tests from your library? We are not far from you, just over the border into Pennsylvania... I wonder if it is worth the 30 minute drive to get free proctered test kits...

D-Train

No you do not.  When I obtained them, you simply went through the drive through or called from outside.  There are signs posted.  No ID needed.

1 hour ago, d-train said:

Nice! Thank you for the info!

You better call first, all local libraries in the capital city are out of kits during this current surge. Ohio has distributed over 5 million free kits, 1.4 million in Dec. alone. 800,000 kits on backorder, priority will be for schools trying to keep in class learning. Libraries will have free kits again soon as this surge lets up.

Our school nurse just sent email stating the expiration date has been extended, again, from 3 months to 6 months. Checked online and couldn't exactly verify this. List I saw was for kit 195-000, mine are 195-100. Notice from Abbott says 1 year from date of manufacture. My kits are from 3-11-2021 with expiration of 11-5-2021. Current 90 day extension good until 2-5-2022. Additional 90 day extension would make them good until 5-5-2022. Extending 1 year from manufacturedate would be 3-11-2021.

My kits may or may not be useful for our next cruise on 3-26-2022.

Edited by mondello
Correction

On 1/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, d-train said:

D-Train

I don't know the answer to that question. The Conneaut Library is supposed to have them. They have been tuff to get lately due to the high demand. Check their website before you drive over.

9 minutes ago, ENGINEER said:

I don't know the answer to that question. The Conneaut Library is supposed to have them. They have been tuff to get lately due to the high demand. Check their website before you drive over.

Thanks! If only the White Turkey was open too! LOL!

On 1/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, d-train said:

D-Train

Ohio announced yesterday that they are  diverting the tests to schools now.  Local libraries and health agencies aren't being given them at this point.