Bar Service in Luminae on Edge

RichYak

I'll be sailing on Edge for the first time soon. On Summit as I recall, when I ordered a cocktail in Luminae, the sommelier would run out to the martini bar for it. That seemed oddly inefficient and I felt a little bad ordering mixed drinks after the first time. I just carried one in instead.

On Edge, Luminae is pretty isolated looking at the deck plans. Is there a bartender in the restaurant? Am I going to feel bad ordering drinks again? And shouldn't my waiter do this instead of the sommelier? 

If memory serves me correctly there is a “service bar” near the kitchen in Luminae.  It is out of sight of guests but it is there.  I always ordered mixed drinks in Luminae on Edge and service was extremely quick as I believe the drinks were made at this “service bar”.  Nobody had to run anywhere to get my drinks!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

If so this is a good addition 

I don't think it's a recent addition.  I last sailed Edge January 2019 and the service bar was "hidden" behind the wall then.  Perhaps whatever particular item you ordered could not be accommodated by the service bar and someone had to run to another bar to get your item.

• Thanks 1

Yes, but again, may only hold stock to cover all of the basics so as to reduce the number of special trips.  Quite possibly not a 'full' bar.  One would really have to ask or find a way to sneak a peek at how it's stocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes, but again, may only hold stock to cover all of the basics so as to reduce the number of special trips.  Quite possibly not a 'full' bar.  One would really have to ask or find a way to sneak a peek at how it's stocked.

Well hopefully, at a minimum, they have all the makings for the Luminae signature cocktails. I plan on trying each of them... probably more than once.

• Like 2

I know they have a bar behind the scene but have never seen it.   Iain always orders a Bailey's instead of desert and it would be delivered in minutes.   Maybe since he ordered it daily they just stocked the bar with it.

• Thanks 1

They do have the ingredients for their signature cocktails in the Luminae bar. I loved the vanilla mojito and it was only available there. A few nights when we dined elsewhere I still stopped by Luminae just to get the drink.

• Like 1