Double Points Change???

On 8/23/2021 at 1:01 PM, crzndeb said:

Yup, solo’s normally get 2 in other categories. They get one more point in suites.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere but are you saying that (not including the promo) solos receive double points below suite level? I only have one cruise with Royal and someone went with me. I now have 6 more booked - all solo. I'd be really excited to receive double points to start then double that! I tried finding the answer on Royal's site but came up empty.

On 8/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, SRF said:

We have a 10 night and a 12 night booked in OS (the price upgrade from GS to OS was quite small).

It will take me from just making D to just making D+

I hear ya, this was the "Go ahead and book it" trigger for our trip in April: 13 nights in a GS - and our TA confirmed 4x points as a result.

Will leave us 8 nights short of D+, but I can't swing the vacation days for another 4x points trip by their deadline.

8 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

Sorry if this is posted somewhere but are you saying that (not including the promo) solos receive double points below suite level? I only have one cruise with Royal and someone went with me. I now have 6 more booked - all solo. I'd be really excited to receive double points to start then double that! I tried finding the answer on Royal's site but came up empty.

I'm assuming you have a C&A account with rcl. Yes anyone with a account gets double pts thru dec 2022.

Solo gets 4 pts a day regular cabin that holds 2 (not solo cabin) or 6 a day in JS or higher. 

18 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

Yes, solo cruisers receive double points provided they are in a double cabin. In other words, if you book a studio cabin that is designed for one person you do not get double points.

The present promotion gives you double the points of what you would have normally qualified for. Essentially, as a solo, double becomes quadruple.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, solo cruisers receive double points provided they are in a double cabin. In other words, if you book a studio cabin that is designed for one person you do not get double points.

The present promotion gives you double the points of what you would have normally qualified for. Essentially, as a solo, double becomes quadruple.

Lol maybe just stick with the double pts explanation. Saying quadruple is just confusing the issue. If I sail solo in a JS for 3 pts a day it doubled to 6 a day ..  it quadruple.

Hahahaha. We got enough confusion without adding in its quadruple for solos. 

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm assuming you have a C&A account with rcl. Yes anyone with a account gets double pts thru dec 2022.

Solo gets 4 pts a day regular cabin that holds 2 (not solo cabin) or 6 a day in JS or higher. 

Not exactly, the double points requires that you be Gold.

Unlike the old days you can create a C&A account before you sail your first cruise.

Not sure when it changed, but my first cruise was Nov 2014, and you had to finish a cruise to join C&A.  In 2017, you could create a C&A before you cruised.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SRF said:

Not exactly, the double points requires that you be Gold.

Unlike the old days you can create a C&A account before you sail your first cruise.

Not sure when it changed, but my first cruise was Nov 2014, and you had to finish a cruise to join C&A.  In 2017, you could create a C&A before you cruised.

Yes I've said in other posts I'm assuming the poster had sailed with rcl before.

So I'm required to say this every time I explain how to count double pts hahahahaha. Slow day on the boards. 

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Technically, it's per night.😀

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, NRWPA said:

If you're solo in a room that would normally book 2 or more passengers (meaning, not a "studio" room designed for one person), you get one point for yourself, plus one point for being solo.

If you're in a suite, you get an extra point. 

So if you're solo in a suite, you get one point for "normal" plus one point for "solo" plus one point for "suite" for a total of three points.  

Now, with the current promotion, all of the above would be doubled.

Solo in a normal room: 1+1 = 2, which doubled would be 4 per night.
Solo in a suite: 1+1+1 = 3, which doubled would be 6 per night.  

• Thanks 1