Double Points Change???

Royal's website states "Double Points on all sailings through December 2022."  It doesn't say booking must be made by 9/30/21.  Is this a change or does it still have to be done by the end of September?

Edited by seychelle

So, I'm in a GS on 14 night TA leaving 10/30/2021 which would normally give me 28 points.  Is this being doubled too? 

"The double points offer is exclusive to our most loyal guests, the Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through September 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022".

Please say yes; I'd love 56 points 😂

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So, I'm in a GS on 14 night TA leaving 10/30/2021 which would normally give me 28 points.  Is this being doubled too? 

"The double points offer is exclusive to our most loyal guests, the Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through September 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022".

Yes, I'm booked solo on Oasis Sept. 5 and normally for a 7 night it would be 14 points.  With the double promo, I expect to earn 28 points. 

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Yes, I'm booked solo on Oasis Sept. 5 and normally for a 7 night it would be 14 points.  With the double promo, I expect to earn 28 points. 

21 minutes ago, Anton said:

I was solo in a JS on Adventure in July and received 42 points for the 7 night cruise.  It is true double points.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, you should.

You have all made me a very happy cruiser!  Thank you for your quick responses.  

• Like 1

What happens if a cruise booked and paid for which qualified for this promotion is subsequently canceled. Would a lift and shift transfer qualify if the new cruise is before 12/31/2022? Would a new booking using FCC's from the previously qualified cruise qualify?

53 minutes ago, Anton said:

I was solo in a JS on Adventure in July and received 42 points for the 7 night cruise.  It is true double points.

Not to question you, but how did you get 42 points for a 7 nighter.

26 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

What happens if a cruise booked and paid for which qualified for this promotion is subsequently canceled. Would a lift and shift transfer qualify if the new cruise is before 12/31/2022? Would a new booking using FCC's from the previously qualified cruise qualify?

It will likely hinge on the booking number - if you can somehow keep the booking number (with a pre-9/30/21 booking date) then it should qualify.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:49 AM, Biker19 said:

It will likely hinge on the booking number - if you can somehow keep the booking number (with a pre-9/30/21 booking date) then it should qualify.

Agree.  I try to never cancel and go through the FCC/refund gauntlet.  I always prefer to move the booking to a different cruise, which keep the booking number, and the money just transfers over.  Much quicker and easier.  

On 8/23/2021 at 5:26 AM, molly361 said:

Solo in a suite  = 6 points per night x 7 = 42

They keep trying keep me from getting that. Had B8B this Fall canceled, but also had/lost a TA B5B of 48 nites in a Suite all SOLO. Oh well at least received all Refund's back only taking 7nites and 6hrs...

32 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

They keep trying keep me from getting that. Had B8B this Fall canceled, but also had/lost a TA B5B of 48 nites in a Suite all SOLO. Oh well at least received all Refund's back only taking 7nites and 6hrs...

Wow, that is a lot of points!

On 8/23/2021 at 5:21 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

We have a 10 night and a 12 night booked in OS (the price upgrade from GS to OS was quite small).

It will take me from just making D to just making D+

2 hours ago, floridababa said:
  • Are the double points automatic or do you contact RCL?
  • How do you know when they do that promotion?

The points are automatic, but I would check your points to make sure. It’s been in emails I have received and it’s posted on their website.