EU to reimpose travel ban from US on Monday

rbslos18

2 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

BUT…transit limited to less than 12 hours, so this impacts cruises which end in Amsterdam. That rules out previous day in Kinderdijk!!
Probable extra day in Cologne, then race to port and airport!! 😳

Sorry—are you talking about river cruises?

On 9/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

BUT…transit limited to less than 12 hours, so this impacts cruises which end in Amsterdam. That rules out previous day in Kinderdijk!!
Probable extra day in Cologne, then race to port and airport!! 😳

We're on a Viking river cruise scheduled to depart Amsterdam Sept 15 that now has us departing from Emmerich, Germany.  At the airport, Viking will meet us at the airport and do the transfer so we'll be in the Netherlands less than 12 hours.  In addition, we need a negative PCR 48 hours prior to departure and be vaccinated.

It's stressful and a mess to travel these days, but at my age, it is better than sitting in a rocking chair.  The key is to be flexible.

Edited by fudgbug
Added an be vaccinated
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

We're on a Viking river cruise scheduled to depart Amsterdam Sept 15 that now has us departing from Emmerich, Germany.  At the airport, Viking will meet us at the airport and do the transfer so we'll be in the Netherlands less than 12 hours.  In addition, we need a negative PCR 48 hours prior to departure and be vaccinated.

It's stressful and a mess to travel these days, but at my age, it is better than sitting in a rocking chair.  The key is to be flexible.

Great attitude!

8 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

Fudgbug, Thanks for your information on Viking's end run on the AMS arrivals. What other modifications are they making to your 9/15 sojourn?

On 9/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, LindaS272 said:

Sorry—are you talking about river cruises?

I asked this question because this is a Viking Ocean forum and I don’t know how the Netherlands requirement affects Ocean cruises. Please explain. Thanks.

I saw this thread on the Holland America board.  This could put a serious damper on traveling to and from the ships.  I checked the government website, (Netherland), and they now list the US as “Very High Risk” which, if I read it correctly, would require a quarantine period, even if you are just transiting through.  

Mrs Banjo and I are booked for March of next year and we are already getting nervous that the cruise won’t be able to sail. YIKES!

21 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I saw this thread on the Holland America board.  This could put a serious damper on traveling to and from the ships.  I checked the government website, (Netherland), and they now list the US as “Very High Risk” which, if I read it correctly, would require a quarantine period, even if you are just transiting through.  

Mrs Banjo and I are booked for March of next year and we are already getting nervous that the cruise won’t be able to sail. YIKES!

Which cruise?  My wife and I are on the March 28 Mediterranean Odyssey. We are worried, too. 🙁

44 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Per a number of river cruise lines cited in this article https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6448/  , there is 12 hour in transit allowance where no quarantine is required and the lines are adjusting their itineraries to accommodate it. Obviously ocean-going cruises will also have to make adjustments.

Your cruise is in March. Based on the history of pandemic-related travel restrictions today's requirements will likely change a number of times between now and then, and if the US moves out of the high risk category that restriction may no longer be in place.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rizello said:

And now it looks like countries are going to start putting limits on how long the vaccine is valid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/some-countries-are-setting-vaccine-expiration-dates-for-travel/ar-AANTVDW

This was from a couple of weeks ago.... I posted the details then in blind panic as the source I saw said Croatia was 210 days.... and I arrived in Dubrovnic on 210 days. Luckily they got it wrong and it is 270 days or my adventure would have been scuppered for a second time. I expect the EU on masse are likely to follow suit at some point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Per a number of river cruise lines cited in this article https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6448/  , there is 12 hour in transit allowance where no quarantine is required and the lines are adjusting their itineraries to accommodate it. Obviously ocean-going cruises will also have to make adjustments.

Your cruise is in March. Based on the history of pandemic-related travel restrictions today's requirements will likely change a number of times between now and then, and if the US moves out of the high risk category that restriction may no longer be in place.

NJhorseman, thank you for posting this link.