Elegant night question.

CruiserTeri

14 hours ago, CruiserTeri said:

How strict is Carnival on Elegant nights?  Could my son wear dress pants and a polo?  Or dress pants and a Hawaiian shirt?  

You will see a little bit of everything.  I think most people get "really" dressed-up for the photo opportunities as they do take really good photographs.  On a recent cruise my husband wore dress pants, a dress shirt, and a tuxedo inspired (tuxedo on front) face mask. I wore pants and an evening top with my rhinestone face mask. 

11 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Please tell me you don't have to have a mask on for the photos? That would be a waste of our time. I can understand getting it for the laughs, but you need to be able to have masks off for those photos.

Not sure about right now with changes - maybe someone on a cruise this week can comment, but on ours from 8/7-8/15 you were asked to take it off for pictures by the photographer. The photo backdrops were in public walkway areas and at that time there was no requirement to be masked in those areas like dining and theatres, though it was strongly encouraged (and 99% of people were anyways). So there's that, too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Please tell me you don't have to have a mask on for the photos? That would be a waste of our time. I can understand getting it for the laughs, but you need to be able to have masks off for those photos.

If Carnival insisted on masks for photos, their Pixels revenue would drop significantly.

So I will assume it will be like it was at Disney for a while: mask up generally, but you can drop the mask for photo ops, but please put them back on when done taking the photo.

A common-sense approach.

I don't think they are enforcing any dress codes right now, or at least they didn't on the trip I just took on the Sunshine last week. There were girls wearing booty shorts on elegant night.  

The dining rooms in general were pretty empty.  I think they were just happy people were showing up.