Boarding early if in a Suite?

kpark895

21 hours ago, island lady said:

was surprised they called "Pinnacles only" before suites to board.  First time I have seen that  with this ship.  Some of the suites people were vocally upset.  Which is silly anyway...matter of a few more minutes.  

They did this on Harmony last fall too.  While in the end it doesn't matter, if you are paying for a benefit, then you should get it.  Suites pay for priority boarding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

They did this on Harmony last fall too.  While in the end it doesn't matter, if you are paying for a benefit, then you should get it.  Suites pay for priority boarding.

Believe me...so do Pinnies.  😉  

This Pinnie also sails in suites.  Double whammy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!!   We did get some really dirty looks when we boarded before the suites guests.  😉 

I'll have to remember to give you a really dirty look when you board ahead of us on Wonder ;o)))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I'll have to remember to give you a really dirty look when you board ahead of us on Wonder ;o)))

LOL...silly girl.   I will already be on Wonder by 10/16.  😄 😄 

Though will be going through TAD before even those newly boarding pesky Pinnacles board on the 30th.  😉 

I would rather show up a little bit later after they have already started boarding than have to sit there and wait.  Even if we are paying for the priority boarding perk, I would rather just walk right onto the ship. I’ll be very happy with a different security line instead of the regular line on my upcoming Allure. I purposely picked an 11:30 time to try to avoid sitting in the waiting area. 

39 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

I would rather show up a little bit later after they have already started boarding than have to sit there and wait.  Even if we are paying for the priority boarding perk, I would rather just walk right onto the ship. I’ll be very happy with a different security line instead of the regular line on my upcoming Allure. I purposely picked an 11:30 time to try to avoid sitting in the waiting area. 

I agree with you. I actually show up even later.

15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Of course, it's true that some Pinnacles sail in a suite.  All suites guests pay for suite perks, whereas only some Pinnacles sail in a suite.

So did Pinnacles get to that level by not spending money with RCI?    Gee...sign me up for that.  😉 

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

So did Pinnacles get to that level by not spending money with RCI?

Everybody on a cruise spends money with RCI. 

Again, Royal can give whatever benefits to whomever they wish.  My beef is not that the Pinnacles are getting any particular benefit, but that the benefit they are being given has already been given, and paid for, by others.  When there are large numbers of Pinnacles it can impact the suite guests.  Royal should ensure the benefits are reasonably available if they have been promised.

The preference would be to board earlier since it seems you can't book shows or package specialty restaurants until you are on the ship.  I am not sure if later times can impact show and restaurant day/time preferences.

I've met a few Pinny's that reached their level under the old system...  and just speaking of the Suite Lounge/Coastal and Concierge,  I don't care how many past cruises someone took. If I'm paying RCI $7.5k for a suite with CK, SL and SC, suite guest should be the ones full access. Then you get into what is priority boarding? One group?   Just me two cents 

Edited by Tulsacoker
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, kpark895 said:

I know I've read here that if you have a suite, you can actually arrive at the port up to one hour prior to your assigned time.  Is this true if you are in a Junior Suite?

What’s the advantages/Perks of a Junior Suite vs a Balcony Cabin?

3 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Everybody on a cruise spends money with RCI. 

Again, Royal can give whatever benefits to whomever they wish.  My beef is not that the Pinnacles are getting any particular benefit, but that the benefit they are being given has already been given, and paid for, by others.  When there are large numbers of Pinnacles it can impact the suite guests.  Royal should ensure the benefits are reasonably available if they have been promised.

Pinnacles are RCI's highest level of loyalty..obviously...so they show their appreciation.   RCI makes it as such...not me.  Can beef about it all you want...but that is how RCI wants it.   It is the way it is.

And paid for by others?  Gee I wish others would pay for mine as well.  😄  I have paid in spades.  And BTW...I don't hang out in the DL or CL or SL.  Even being a "suites" person.   We use our vouchers all over the ship, and use specialty restaurants, and the MDR ......as well as CK on the limited ships that have one.    

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pinnacles are RCI's highest level of loyalty..obviously...so they show their appreciation.   RCI makes it as such...not me.  Can beef about it all you want...but that is how RCI wants it.   It is the way it is.

Do not disagree with that. It is RCI decision, however, its not set in stone and some "loyal" Pinny's seem to think it is and throw a fit if they are denied SL or CK due to the numbers on a particular sailing. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:10 PM, island lady said:

LOL...silly girl.   I will already be on Wonder by 10/16.  😄 😄 

Though will be going through TAD before even those newly boarding pesky Pinnacles board on the 30th.  😉 

I'll be giving you the dirty look as you reboard ;o)))  Remember, I'm in the 10:00 Party-on group ;o)))

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I'll be giving you the dirty look as you reboard ;o)))  Remember, I'm in the 10:00 Party-on group ;o)))

LOL!!   Wonder if we will even be in the same area on embarkation?   Currently on Harmony, and seems every time they do the TAD process with the B2B pax...it is different.  

This time, however, we are only on for one leg on Harmony.  Need time in between to get my laundry, and the dreaded ironing done to repack for mid Oct. Wonder!  😉 

27 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Do not disagree with that. It is RCI decision, however, its not set in stone and some "loyal" Pinny's seem to think it is and throw a fit if they are denied SL or CK due to the numbers on a particular sailing. 

There are nice and not so nice people in every walk of life...and in every level of C&A.  We just hope to associate and appreciate the nice ......and ignore/avoid the not so nice.  Which IMHO, thankfully...are in the minority.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 10:24 AM, Ilya said:

Our current plan is to arrive by 10 or perhaps just a little earlier, but certainly not an hour earlier! I'll share our experience later this week! Thanks!

I promised to report back, but unfortunately our ship arrived late and the boarding was delayed, didn’t start until around 12 noon, causing a  total mess with the traffic near the port. We arrived around 11, spent almost an hour in traffic and waiting for parking, but then we basically walked right to the ship almost without any wait at the port, thanks to our JS status.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, 1bravesfan said:

What’s the advantages/Perks of a Junior Suite vs a Balcony Cabin?

Since there is no Coastal Kitchen on Enchantment of the Seas, there were not too many benefits of the JS, other than the expedited boarding, slightly bigger cabin, the tub, the premium bedding and the espresso machine. But it didn’t cost much more than a balcony either.

The biggest JS advantage for us was the double points! And since we booked during a double-point promotion, we got quadruple points: 24 points for a 6-night cruise, which allowed us to jump from Emerald straight to Diamond with just one short cruise! 😄

Edited by Ilya
  • Like 1