Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

oh, geez.

if the viva is lighter, we can only hope they didn’t remove additional seating from the indulge food hall.

Its easy to explain:  Harry Summer is much lighter than Frank Del Rio 🙃

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Does Prima's Le Bistro also have 3?

114 days to go!

Yes, Prima has three chandeliers in Le Bistro.  I've read they are about $80k apiece (plus or minus, depends on who's doing the writing).

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

3 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

One of the workers, Mikel Tacder Alolor, has recently put up some videos of how things are coming along on the Viva.  Here is one where he is walking around on Deck 7, starting at Hudson's and ending up at Le Bistro.

https://fb.watch/l_9h4mOieP/

interesting!  The only difference I could notice from the Prima is the video wall at the metropolitan.

I think in an early map the cigar room wasn't there, but now we at least know it is.

16 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@SpacemanSpiff Thanks for the link. At 1:27 mark you can see a ship being built, wonder if that's Leo #3? 

It could well be #3.  Viva's on the right, in the water.  The ship in the drydock, upper left, has the same "footprint" for Hudson's in the stern ,and the same oval shape in the midsection for the go-kart track.

Drydock 2023-07-25 163929.jpg

• Like 3

fascinating video. for better, for worse, it really is an almost exact clone of the prima, right down to the jewel encrusted spatula chandeliers in hudson’s and the lifeboat views in le bistro. thanks for sharing the video!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UKstages said:

lifeboat views in le bistro.

LOL.  Danny with Harr Travel did a tour of this room on the prima and said something along the lines of "Make sure to pick window seats so you can have that terrific view outside"

All I can remember about my dinner there with mom was the view of lifeboats.  Literally no window would have been better.

Edited by jlowe420
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

It could well be #3.  Viva's on the right, in the water.  The ship in the drydock, upper left, has the same "footprint" for Hudson's in the stern ,and the same oval shape in the midsection for the go-kart track.

Drydock 2023-07-25 163929.jpg

In the video at 1:27 I think there are two ships - the 3rd Prima on the right with the Queen Anne behind and to the left.  There are some photos on the Fincantieri Marghera FB page that show the two ships much more clearly.  So, I don't think the aerial image is of the same ships.  It is probably older and showing the Prima and Viva.

Edited by Karaboudjan

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

It is probably older and showing the Prima and Viva.

I agree, I thought there was something said about #3 being a little bigger to support a different fuel type (larger tanks needed for that fuel).

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I agree, I thought there was something said about #3 being a little bigger to support a different fuel type (larger tanks needed for that fuel).

you're right - it's supposed to be LNG for the first time on #3.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice around the 4:10 mark it sounds like he says this is the NCL Bella and then someone corrects him and says Viva?  He then says Bella is ship #3. Interesting.

And Namu Sushi will forever be known as Mama Sushi to me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Did anyone else notice around the 4:10 mark it sounds like he says this is the NCL Bella and then someone corrects him and says Viva?  He then says Bella is ship #3. Interesting

It has been reported that NCL had filed a trademark for Bella a few years ago, so he is likely correct on the naming. I think they also filed for Luna (moon) and Aqua (water) in a previous year.

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

It has been reported that NCL had filed a trademark for Bella a few years ago, so he is likely correct on the naming. I think they also filed for Luna (moon) and Aqua (water) in a previous year.

Correct. Trademarks filed were Prima, Viva, as well as Bella, Vela, Luna, Aura, Aqua, Ombra, Ultima. 

my guess is next is Bella (styled B3LLA in the marketing). And #6 is ultima as the ultimate (similar to Encore /end wrapping up the Breakaway-Class).   That leaves two left, with my preference of Luna and Aura. 

Mind you - other names NCL had filed but never used many years ago were also Seahawk and Marvel. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

The carpet has the same triangles as the prima. 

Good. Then I'll know which direction to go.  (More importantly, my DW will know which way to go.  "Go away from the points to the elevators, go down six decks, turn right out of the elevator bank, and there's the Starbucks....")

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:38 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Read this morning (on another social media site) that Viva will be delivered to NCL on August 4, and that it will leave the shipyard on August 9 for it's nearby August 10 departure.

Yippikaiyay..... etc. etc.

I read she´s leaving Aug 8th.

steamboats

• Like 3