Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

42 minutes ago, luv2gonow said:

Am i missing something?????

ViBE does NOT have a pool?😱

39 minutes ago, macewank said:

None of the Vibe Beach Club areas have a pool. They have 2 hot tubs tho 

And most have some sort of water feature to help you stay cool.

2 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

I’ve never seen a water feature in Vibe other than hot tubs and showers…

2 hours ago, macewank said:

The breakaway+ ships have a cold water feature on the very top

That B+ ships is my experience, I (apparently mistakenly) assumed they all did.   I thought from the pictures Prima/Viva did too but perhaps not?  I'll find out first hand in December. 

On 8/14/2023 at 10:50 PM, PATRLR said:

That B+ ships is my experience, I (apparently mistakenly) assumed they all did.   I thought from the pictures Prima/Viva did too but perhaps not?  I'll find out first hand in December. 

Escape has a walk in mister with two fixed seats.  Bliss has a mister.  Escape has a mister.  All three have a shower.  Prima doesn't have a mister, just shower next to a hot tub.  But Prima and now Viva have the pergola which provides share despite wind (unlike umbrellas).  

Just now, Jim The Lizard said:

Escape has a walk in mister with two fixed seats.  Bliss has a mister.  Escape has a mister.  All three have a shower.  Prima doesn't have a mister, just shower next to a hot tub.  But Prima and now Viva have the pergola which provides share despite wind (unlike umbrellas).  

I meant Encore on the third mister.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, macewank said:

The breakaway+ ships have a cold water feature on the very top

I didn’t think about the misters…I guess I was thinking of this little water coves in Spice. Would be nice to at least have some of those in Vibe, or on the new class, have one a hot tub and the other a regular pool. Regardless, still love Vibe!

• Like 1

Found this article in the Crew Center website

The name of the Norwegian Cruise Line's third Prima class cruise ship could be Norwegian Aqua. The unexpected appearance of this name within the booking engine has ignited speculation among cruise enthusiasts.

While the official announcement is still pending from Norwegian Cruise Line, it's highly plausible that the upcoming addition, set to be delivered in 2025, could indeed be named as the "Norwegian Aqua."

The possibility of a name gaffe has been discounted, as records indicate that Norwegian Cruise Line has already laid claim to the trademark for "Norwegian Aqua." Norwegian Cruise Line secured trademarks for a series of names a few years ago, including "Norwegian Ultima," "Norwegian Luna," "Norwegian Viva," "Norwegian Bella," "Norwegian Vela," "Norwegian Prima," "Norwegian Ombra," "Norwegian Luna," and, significantly, "Norwegian Aqua." The first two Prima Class newbuilds, "Norwegian Prima" and "Norwegian Viva," have already been launched, reinforcing the likelihood that "Norwegian Aqua" is the next contender in line.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I was watching a very detailed review of the ship last night. She is so modern and beautiful.  It would not even feel like a cruise ship to me.  I suppose I would have to be on her to feel that.  So disappointed at how small all the venues are.  50 seats in a comedy club is a joke on a ship that sails 3500.  Why does NCL keep making these mega ships with tiny venues.  I have no problem with a race car track.  I did it on Encore.  But 3 decks is way too much space.  The Haven is so nice and big but seems blah and like any other part of the ship. In fact any other restaurant looks nicer than the Haven restaurant.  Too many shops and it looks like a mall. Indulge Food Hall cant even fit all the guests.

Usually I get so excited to see new ships debut and want to sail them.  I have mixed feelings and not thrilled what I see. It just seems so cold and sterile.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 3

@david_sobe Sailed on the inaugural TA, never again in colder weather. With all the outside venues closed the ship felt crowded even though she is almost the same size as the BA but with fewer PAX.

Was looking for changes in the Viva, since there were many negative reviews, but sadly I only found one, the removal of Starbucks in the Indulge Food Hall ( more space for seating ?? ). In the past, the next ship in each class always had some change or improvement, but not this time.

They spent too much time on the drawing board looking for dollars instead of the consumer but that's the new way of thinking.

Love the cabin, the largest AA balcony we ever had. We didn't have one of those noisy cabins or a slide going thru the balcony.

We also liked the nooks and crannies of the ship, places to get away from the crowds. 

We will be sailing on the Viva, with warmer weather this time.

Having the Viva homeport out of San Juan makes sense, having the Prima in NYC during the winter is just plain stupid with the open-air Haven complex/pool, maybe they are planning on an infinity ice skating ring with a convenience fee.

Jim

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Having the Viva homeport out of San Juan makes sense, having the Prima in NYC during the winter is just plain stupid with the open-air Haven complex/pool, maybe they are planning on an infinity ice skating ring with a convenience fee.

Jim

Now that is funny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

50 seats in a comedy club is a joke on a ship that sails 3500.  Why does NCL keep making these mega ships with tiny venues.

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Indulge Food Hall cant even fit all the guests.

You keep alluding to the size of venues vs the ship capacity. I'm assuming that you have a background in marine architecture and design.

Can you please point out examples of ships where the "seats in a venue vs the ship capacity" is what it should be? Can you please point out examples of restaurants on ships that can "fit all the guests"?

Sometimes it seems like people want more and more in the ways of activities and venues without realizing that the more you slice a pie, the smaller the pieces are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Was looking for changes in the Viva, since there were many negative reviews, but sadly I only found one, the removal of Starbucks in the Indulge Food Hall ( more space for seating ?? ).

Has this been confirmed? I have not yet caught up on any of the Viva reviews. I heard about the removal of Starbucks from Indulge on the Viva from the solo host when I was on the Prima for the second time back in March, but it was just a rumor at the time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Has this been confirmed? I have not yet caught up on any of the Viva reviews. I heard about the removal of Starbucks from Indulge on the Viva from the solo host when I was on the Prima for the second time back in March, but it was just a rumor at the time.

Yes, it has been confirmed. There is no Starbucks in the Indulge Food Hall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Post #17

• Thanks 1

As many others here, I sailed the B2B cruises on the Inaugural sailings on the Prima last year.  There was lots of reviews and comments and I posted my share of them.

I just watched the video made by some youtubers that were on the inaugural sailing of the Viva.  

My interest was more on the video they made than their comments.  After the inaugural sailings, Harry Sommer, (the new CEO of NCLH) said that the ship was 95% perfect.  So I am not surprised to see that the Viva is 98% identical to the Prima.  I noticed only 3 changes.  1. Yes the starbuck outlet has been removed from the Indulge food hall. That may add between 15 and 20 seats in the food hall.  2. In the Metropolitan bar, they made a more permanent area for live music.  And, they add what appears to be a huge interactive board on the wall that goes the lenght of that bar.  3. To mitigate the issue of lack of seats at the Buffet restaurant, they said that mainly for breakfast, people can take their plate and go sit in the Food Republic restaurant which is not that far. As for the other features of the ship, it is identical to the Prima. And I got the impression that they even added more shops on the ship.  

All the other issues that were mentioned for the Prima have not been addressed.  May be they will say that when the Prima was launched, the Viva was already in construction and major changes were not possible. So we will have to wait to 2025 for the launch of the 3rd ship to see if they took into account some of our comments.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Where to begin?

47 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

No I dont design ships but I sail them. 

We all sail them, but sailing them doesn't qualify any of us as ship design experts.

My last cruise on Encore we could not see the Beatles because could not get in.  Thats fine there are other things to see and do.  I dont need to have an engineering degree to know 50 seats in a cruise ship comedy club is not smart.

But you do need an engineering degree to know how many seats it would take for it to be smart. Have you considered the POSSIBILITY that people with the knowledge, people with engineering degrees, just may have actually determined that 50 seats IS the correct number?

Maybe I am old school but when you sail a ship its nice to know you can get a seat at a venue.

And how would that work? As I've pointed out, you can't have a venue where everyone know that they can get a seat. Even if the comedy club had 1,000 seats, guest #1,001 would be complaining that the design is not smart because THEY couldn't get a seat.

48 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

So clearly I am not alone but its obvious NCL does not care that much because they keep building venues as if they have the capacity of Jewel size ships.

Or maybe they do care, and there is a reason and a purpose for the size and capacity of each and every venue. Reasons that you and I might no be privilege to, but that might exist anyway. Just because they don't do what you, I, or someone else thinks they should does not mean that they don't care.

48 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

You are not very logical or care to be because I never said nor did anyone say a restaurant or venue should fit all of the guests on board.

You certainly did. Even the CC member with only 4 posts (see post #550 in this thread) saw that you did just that.

49 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

You say I keep alluding to small venues? 

Yes. You mentioned it more than one time in your one post. Hence, why I said "keep alluding". I never said you made multiple posts, just the one post with multiple references.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@david_sobe Sailed on the inaugural TA, never again in colder weather. With all the outside venues closed the ship felt crowded even though she is almost the same size as the BA but with fewer PAX.

Was looking for changes in the Viva, since there were many negative reviews, but sadly I only found one, the removal of Starbucks in the Indulge Food Hall ( more space for seating ?? ). In the past, the next ship in each class always had some change or improvement, but not this time.

They spent too much time on the drawing board looking for dollars instead of the consumer but that's the new way of thinking.

Love the cabin, the largest AA balcony we ever had. We didn't have one of those noisy cabins or a slide going thru the balcony.

We also liked the nooks and crannies of the ship, places to get away from the crowds. 

We will be sailing on the Viva, with warmer weather this time.

Jim

You found Knooks and cranies?  And I was thinking you only used the seating at the bar 🙂  I think the whole iceland itinerary is a bit off too in addition to NY.  At least with Viva going to the Med and San Juan that is an improvement.  I am looking to see if any improvements were made in the Spa Thermal.  Locker room was really poorly designed and no hot tub or Therapy pool.  I enjoy the thermals in Dawn/Star and the 4 Jewel class ships much more than I did Prima.  I heard they did add jets to the smaller soak pool but that still doesn't make it a hot tub in my mind.

Tom

• Like 2