Live review from Seashore Western Med

marielco

Tried out the F1 simulator this morning. €12 for 5 minute session. A lot of fun if you can stay on the track 😀

It’s a little counter intuitive but we have found the gelato selection and specials are better in the Venchi Chocolate bar on deck 6 than the Venchi Gelato bar outside on deck 8.

Though this ship has a lot of technology incorporated in it I’m afraid it seems to be run by the same people that look after their website IT. The MSC for Me app only does half the things promised.  Constantly coming to the “Sorry this is not available” messages. We are on an excursion tomorrow and still do not know what time it leaves the ship. The ship WiFi went down for a number of hours yesterday. The TV constantly has sound drop out and a bank of elevators became unavailable today just as people were boarding.  When they are working you pick the deck you want on a pad in the elevator lobby and are told which elevator is going to your floor.  There are no floor buttons inside the elevators.  So if an empty one opens you can’t get in as it may not be stopping where you want to get off 😀you have to wait fir the one designated and it can be a long wait. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

M, finally getting a chance to read your review.  Great info - keep it coming!

If you get a chance, could you post a photo of the laundry charges?   Does Diamond still get a discount?   We usually send DH’s shirts for ironing as soon as we board, though it’s getting quite pricey. 

There does not seem to be any issue with Covid cases on Seashore at the moment.  The packed lifts are definitely a problem being ignored by MSC which could lead to infections. 

We went on an excursion in Messina today which was supposed to be restricted to Green pass/EU covid vaccine cert holders. However no one checked for these documents.  

Spoke to a member of bar staff yesterday, she had just got her first vaccine shot the day before as it seemed had others in the crew. This was a surprise as I thought they were fully vaccinated before sailing.  

They are being strict in the theatre with mask wearing and social distancing.  Plenty of cleaning and sanitising to be seen around the ship and temperatures being taken when returning from excursions, going into the buffet or any other eating place. 

You have to book for the theatre.  There are 4 shows in the week.  If it’s booked out you can book for the repeat showing another night.  They keep track so you can only go to each show once. 

I will check the laundry prices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 9:38 AM, marielco said:

have found it difficult to find a quiet place on the ship at times as there is music everywhere, usually a little loud for my taste, but the Brooklyn Cafe is one such quiet place if you are looking for a nice relaxing spot. 

As a former resident of Kings County, something is very wrong with this statement 

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2021 at 6:59 AM, sidari said:

Looks like the lifts are a problem that MSC need to address or sooner than later there will be Covid cases onboard.

They should hire some Italian grandmothers to stand by the elevators and smack any able bodied youngster and point them to the stairs. 

Note - this suggestion has nothing to do with Covid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 9/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, marielco said:

There are no floor buttons inside the elevators.  So if an empty one opens you can’t get in as it may not be stopping where you want to get off 😀you have to wait fir the one designated and it can be a long wait.

that's even stranger.

Thank you so much for your review! I am enjoying it very much. Hoping to be on Seashore next year. 🙂

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 9/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, sidari said:

Looks like the lifts are a problem that MSC need to address or sooner than later there will be Covid cases onboard.

Turn the lifts off?

I think it somewhat unreasonable to expect MSC to do more to prevent more than 4 people in a lift - the only further option I can think of is to have a lift attendant in each lift who doesn't close the doors until there are 3 or less people inside, which is quite crazy!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, SeaSwirl66 said:

Any information on MSC offering tests onboard Seashore for guests flying back to the UK at the end of the cruise?

When I was on MSC Seaview last month, one could go to the ship Medical Centre for a Rapid Antigen test with the printed results back in about 20 minutes. The cost was either €30 or €40 per person (I forget which) which is put on your shipboard account. Call your ship's medical center to ask.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Just copy the lift software from Seaview.

Works much better than Seashore.

1 press on lift gives lift a.

2. Press give b

Third  give c...

No stops on the way

That's the strategy to avoid packed lifts

Are the MSC Seashore lifts the type where to call the lift you select the floor and the display shows you which lift to go to?

(here is a picture I found on google that shows MSC Grandiosa lift screens - when calling the lift you select the floor you want to go to (6), you are then directed to which lift to take (E), and when entering the lift you don't have to press anything more it will take you to the floor you requested (6).)

EJFRYTTX0AAyGLj?format=jpg&name=medium

I think you are correct - this would improve social distancing in the lifts (though at the expense of longer waiting times).  

Right, but at Seashore, your lift stop on every next station pressed, on his way up or down.

To avoid crowding express Lift, no stops.

Don't think the waiting time will be longer. The lift do not stop and safe this time.

Seaview has this system...

Edited by MarkusToe