Has MSC canceled Any US cruises?

dmccadden

I was reading a post about Canadian cruises being canceled for us sailings I’m not sure what that means.  When I go to cruise.com they no longer show any sailing for September or October. We are on the October 2, sailing. Has anyone heard anything about this.  Our cruise still show on MSC site but you can’t trust MSC site, also I’ve received no emails.

Thank you for any insight 

5 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

There is a thread a little further down that say MSc cancels Canadian cruise out of us, that is what made me ask 

You are correct. MSC canceled all Canadian passengers from their US cruises including those on our cruise of 10/2. Our friend who was on the 10/30 received notification on Sept 2 from her TA. 

1 minute ago, dmccadden said:

So they did not cancel the cruise they are not allowing Canadians to come on the cruise is that correct. Thanks 

Yes no Canadians unfortunately. We’re hearing rumors that it’s going to be canceled but so far it’s still on and that could be just because their website desperately needs help. My room is showing available one day, then gone the next when I do a mock booking. It says my cruise is 20 days but my room is not assigned (not true) so no edocs available. Just recently all the cruises on their site were gone but back the next day. 

I'll be taking my first MSC cruise on Meraviglia 10/9. Their web design and things that you describe don't give me a very good feeling. People on my roll call have their documents but I only get the message that the cruise is more than 20 days out. Can't understand how they would allow some to get their docs but not all. I'm not Canadian, I am just a fan of the Maple Leafs

9 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I'll be taking my first MSC cruise on Meraviglia 10/9. Their web design and things that you describe don't give me a very good feeling. People on my roll call have their documents but I only get the message that the cruise is more than 20 days out. Can't understand how they would allow some to get their docs but not all. I'm not Canadian, I am just a fan of the Maple Leafs

The 10/2 sailing isn't cancelled.

For the 10/8, because you are more than 20 days out, you don't get your docs yet. However, because this is MSC, *some* people get their docs > 20 days out.

Don't worry about it...you'll get yours in one week.

Didn't worry until a few posted that they received docs...I can't even figure out where they'll be - the app? the website? login with username? or login with booking number? It all seems extremely disorganized. I have about 50 cruises with 4 cruise lines and never been so confused as to what to do or what is expected

1 hour ago, NRWPA said:

Didn't worry until a few posted that they received docs...I can't even figure out where they'll be - the app? the website? login with username? or login with booking number? It all seems extremely disorganized. I have about 50 cruises with 4 cruise lines and never been so confused as to what to do or what is expected

Yep, that's MSC. The good thing is once you're onboard you'll really enjoy it.

Once 20 days hits if you don't get it just call them. I actually had to do it this morning for my 10/2 cruise. Not a problem at all...it was emailed to me within a minute or two. In my case I knew I would need to call because of a cabin issue...in your case you'll prob get it automatically. Again, if you don't, just call...easy peasey.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NRWPA said:

MSc cruise ticket and baggage tags will be sent to you by email.

You can ask your travel agent to email it you.

5 hours ago, drsel said:

MSc cruise ticket and baggage tags will be sent to you by email.

You can ask your travel agent to email it you.

I booked direct. Leaving on a different cruise tomorrow, so if I don't get an email by the time I get back, I guess I'll have to call them. Thanks

I'm on the Oct. 2nd sailing also. I swear I'd rather get a root canal than deal with the website. I did get an email last week with all my docs and have the green check marks next to all the items under How do I get my e-Ticket. I did bid on an upgrade. That will be interesting. They usually approve or disapprove 2 or 3 days prior to sailing so we will see if I get the approval if it shows up on the website.

3 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

I'm on the Oct. 2nd sailing also. I swear I'd rather get a root canal than deal with the website. I did get an email last week with all my docs and have the green check marks next to all the items under How do I get my e-Ticket. I did bid on an upgrade. That will be interesting. They usually approve or disapprove 2 or 3 days prior to sailing so we will see if I get the approval if it shows up on the website.

Green check by assigned room too?

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Green check by assigned room too?

Yes. We did get the guarantee status when they switched the itinerary but I called the next day and got my original cabin back. We're in a YC Interior and I bid on a YC Balcony. Last check they still had 33 YC Balconies available for the Oct. 2nd sailing. I bid minimum so pretty sure I'll get the upgrade with that many still open.

3 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Me too so I called this morning and they were not able to fix room assignment and couldn’t send me the docs.  Suggested I call TA tomorrow. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Call back. Trust me...different rep = different response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok I got my documents last week.  If they are not letting Canadian people on the ship are they letting European residents on?  If it is only American resident the ship will more than half empty.  Every time we have cruised with MSC Americans have been the minority. It would be nice to be on a ship that is half empty 😀

2 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Yes. We did get the guarantee status when they switched the itinerary but I called the next day and got my original cabin back. We're in a YC Interior and I bid on a YC Balcony. Last check they still had 33 YC Balconies available for the Oct. 2nd sailing. I bid minimum so pretty sure I'll get the upgrade with that many still open.

If you don't mind me asking how much was the YIN and how much was the min. Bid on a balcony?

We never tried this! Good luck. 

1 hour ago, dmccadden said:

Ok I got my documents last week.  If they are not letting Canadian people on the ship are they letting European residents on?  If it is only American resident the ship will more than half empty.  Every time we have cruised with MSC Americans have been the minority. It would be nice to be on a ship that is half empty 😀

I think you will have an half empty ship 😉, because most Europeans are not currently allowed to enter the USA.

7 hours ago, travelwide said:

If you don't mind me asking how much was the YIN and how much was the min. Bid on a balcony?

We never tried this! Good luck. 

We paid $3101 for the YIN cabin. This includes prepaid gratuities. The minimum bid was $360 PP so $720 total for the upgrade to a YC Balcony. The regular price of a YC Balcony cabin for my sailing is $5396, this also includes the $196 gratuity. I get a 5% discount because I'm a Voyagers Club member. So add the bid price and what I already paid for the YIN, I'll pay $3821 for a YC Balcony ($1911 pp) not bad. Savings of $1575 from regular booking price. I'm sure other folks got better prices for their rooms using TA's but I booked directly on the MSC website. Much cheaper than my last sailing on NCL Escape in The Haven. If I remember that was about $7 - $8k

• Like 1