How long to receive at home Covid test from eMed or Optum?

Keys2Heaven

Funny you should ask.. ordered 3 pack Sept 7.. said label created.. no updates from FEDEX at all..called optum on Sunday Yada yada.. the agent said I would now get it by the 24th.. Cruise is on 27th!.. I let it go hoping to get update.. I called optum again today.. Agent said she would reorder.. she found nothing on FEDEX.. I said I will wait til tomorrow then cancel and order from emed.. Lo and behold me and the dog took a nap.. I got up.. package on porch.. Fed ex.. opened.. two kits not three but I am ok with that for now.... I am not saying a thing.. maybe another package will come.. but yeah.. things seem to be screwed up in the supply chain.. what a shock...not!

Called eMed...on hold for 35 minutes. Talked to someone who indicated there was an issue with orders placed over the holiday. She opened a ticket with eMed support to find out why a tracking number wasn't provided. I've written to their support twice, but never received a response. My confidence level with eMed is very low at this point. Extremely difficult to understand agent and not sure if I will receive my tests anytime soon. Good thing cruise isn't until December.

Oh, she did make a point in saying that I may receive kits that show expired in Oct/Nov, but that they have an extension and are good for 1 year from date of manufacture.

1 hour ago, Keys2Heaven said:

Asking for my own curiosity. I ordered a 6 pack of tests on Sept 5th. Order was approved but still not shipped. How long did you have to wait before your tests were shipped?

Ordered on the 8th(Thursday), received on the 13th  (Monday)

I ordered a 6pk from eMed on Thursday 9/9 at 8:36pm CT.  I was forced to pay for overnight service when I didn't want or need it.  eMed specified Saturday pickup and weekday delivery.  I ordered after the cut off, so my order wasn't processed until Friday 9/10.  Saturday delivery, which is something FedEx offers, would have been overnight delivery.  eMed chose not to do what needed to be done to give me what they forced me to pay for.

It didn't leave the FedEx origin facility in Memphis until Saturday 9/11 at 9:13pm CT.  It got to Baton Rouge at 6:50am Monday 9/13.  However, that status didn't show up until after 10:00pm CT.  It was scanned as out for delivery at 9:26am CT today 9/14.  It was scanned as local delay, local delivery restriction, and delivery not attempted at 8:30pm CT.  That status didn't show up until 9:29pm CT.  No updates after that.

Thankfully I don't need them until late November, late December, and mid January.

FedEx used to be the best in Baton Rouge for me.  Now they are at least just as bad as USPS and lately worse.  Although, USPS is currently trying to reclaim that title with an Amazon package that has been in limbo since 9/3 somewhere between them and UPS.  I blame USPS because UPS and Amazon tracking both have the package in Baton Rouge.

I ordered Monday evening, the 13th.  It was delivered today, the 15th.  The expiration date on the boxes show expired, but there is a Q code on the box.  You scan it, and there is a letter from the FDA, with approval to extend the shelf life to 12 months.

After 2 opened service tickets and an ultimatum to ship by Friday and either cancel my order or I will file a dispute with my CC company, I had some dialogue with a CS rep who "reprocessed" my original order and compensated my shipping charges. They chalked this up to a "logistical" issue. I received an email this evening that the items are being FedEx'd overnight and actually received a tracking number.

Woo hoo!

Looks like I'll have a couple extra tests I won't need. Wonder if I can offer these to anyone in our cruise group in December.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:05 PM, GTO-Girl said:

I ordered a 3pkg kit from Optum and did receive it in a timely manner.  

The expiration date is 12/5/21!!  We have cruises for October, November and January, so thank goodness I didn’t order the six pack!

I did order a 6 pack and my box said expiration date was extended to Feb 2022. Also not my business but we wrote you ordered a 3 pack kit but WE have three cruises. That is 6 tests.

7 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

I did order a 6 pack and my box said expiration date was extended to Feb 2022. Also not my business but we wrote you ordered a 3 pack kit but WE have three cruises. That is 6 tests.

The two of us have cruises booked for October, November, January and March. Had I ordered the 6pkg I would have wasted two since the ones I got expire on 12/21 and that’s with the extension!!

I will reorder some more when I feel like the expiration dates are further out.

Ordered 3 tests on 8 September, shipped 8 September, and an expected delivery date of 9 or 10 September. I still don't have them. Shipping tracking link with FedEx states it is an invalid tracking number. Sent an email 3 days ago to customer service (as well as a daily follow up email), and have received no response other than an automated one. I am less than impressed.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:21 AM, samiam0403 said:

Ordered 3 tests on 8 September, shipped 8 September, and an expected delivery date of 9 or 10 September. I still don't have them. Shipping tracking link with FedEx states it is an invalid tracking number. Sent an email 3 days ago to customer service (as well as a daily follow up email), and have received no response other than an automated one. I am less than impressed.

The exact same thing happened to me! And I was on the phone with them every day. The representatives are very polite, but they have nothing they can do except, as they told me, send a follow-up request to the warehouse. They tell me to call them the following day for more information. Nothing. Not a word from them. Luckily I ordered early, but I want to take them up on their refund offer and find a test someplace else.

1 hour ago, Solo1959 said:

The exact same thing happened to me! And I was on the phone with them every day. The representatives are very polite, but they have nothing they can do except, as they told me, send a follow-up request to the warehouse. They tell me to call them the following day for more information. Nothing. Not a word from them. Luckily I ordered early, but I want to take them up on their refund offer and find a test someplace else.

I finally called yesterday and got the same response as you, and if I don't hear anything by Monday to call back. Apparently, 8 September was the day Royal Caribbean went live with their link to order tests from Optum and it completely overwhelmed their system. Lucky us!