Oasis 9/12?

2 hours ago, ughreally said:

You realize fully vaccinated people can get covid and give it to other people, too? It's nonsensical to treat unvaccinated kids like they're the only possible source of covid spread. It doesn't matter where you go on the ship. If you're on the ship and someone has it, you could get it. That's the risk we all take when we get onboard. 

I just don't like kids lol it's not my concern of catching COVID from them that's keeping me away from them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

For people on board, did it seem like the occupied balcony cabins were distanced as in every other one occupied? Just wondering since that was speculated as to why some people were moved from their original cabins.

I had a CP balcony on the Sept. 5 sail and both cabins on either side of me were occupied.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

For people on board, did it seem like the occupied balcony cabins were distanced as in every other one occupied? Just wondering since that was speculated as to why some people were moved from their original cabins.

I have connecting cabins* in Oct ... hopefully they don't split us up.

* Two connecting solo were the same price as one double.  🙂 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Have the same for our Anthem B2B for November. Same cabins both cruises. My DH will be very upset if one of us are moved. Did it so we would have 2 bathrooms & hopefully with balcony divider open, a larger balcony. Fingers crossed. 

29 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Was it because there was a special sale and  solos were priced as solos.  I'm on the January 22, '22 Allure and was able to save almost $500 on a CP balcony.  I initially thought that it was a famous RCL IT faux pas.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Was it because there was a special sale and  solos were priced as solos.  I'm on the January 22, '22 Allure and was able to save almost $500 on a CP balcony.  I initially thought that it was a famous RCL IT faux pas.

It appears that it was a hidden sale or IT fubar that lasted a little over 2 weeks (~8/15 to 9/3).  Booked four cruises during that time period.

Edited by Another_Critic

27 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It appears that it was a hidden sale or IT fubar that lasted a little over 2 weeks (~8/15 to 9/3).  Booked four cruises during that time period.

It was brought to our attention by a sharp eyed member of CC who posted the sales thread.  Some got a bunch of OBCs as it was after payment due date.  I could not take advantage of my Sept. 5 as I would have lost most of my D+ BD ( - 6 months) and OBCs by my TA.

Edited by nelblu

8 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I was on deck 10,  about 10 cabins aft of the aft elevators. All the balcony cabins that I passed between the elevators and my cabin looked to have guests as I saw people coming and going and there were several room stewards in the area. I had neighbors on both sides.  My room steward said he had 15 cabins to attend to.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard it mentioned that they are using different areas of the ship each cruise, so maybe cabins used this week remain empty the following. 

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, nelblu said:

However, when we sailed on the Sept. 5th the CDC color scheme was Green,  During the sail it turned to Yellow and stated that "CDC has begun an investigation."  Now it's still Yellow and the statement says "that CDC has investigated and ship remains under investigation."

Don't know what it all means.  Some of us on that sail, suspect that there may have been CDC personnel onboard.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the yellow code, but they are switching Captains this coming week in Port Canaveral.  The current Captain announced at his talk that the Captain taking over has been on board doing his 14 day quarantine in a balcony stateroom.

10 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The cabins on both sides of ours were occupied.  DH and I had two connecting balconies (much cheaper than a junior suite).  It was great with two bathrooms and the balcony divider removed.  We're doing it a few more times!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lovelife said:

The cabins on both sides of ours were occupied.  DH and I had two connecting balconies (much cheaper than a junior suite).  It was great with two bathrooms and the balcony divider removed.  We're doing it a few more times!

thats great that royal lets dividers be opened. so many other lines say no

11 hours ago, ughreally said:

You realize fully vaccinated people can get covid and give it to other people, too? It's nonsensical to treat unvaccinated kids like they're the only possible source of covid spread. It doesn't matter where you go on the ship. If you're on the ship and someone has it, you could get it. That's the risk we all take when we get onboard. 

Small risk given EVERYONE is tested and 99.7  percent are vaccinated and crew can't leave the ship and they are tested weekly. More risk driving to the local coffee shop. 

15 hours ago, ecslady said:

Not sure if it has anything to do with the yellow code, but they are switching Captains this coming week in Port Canaveral.  The current Captain announced at his talk that the Captain taking over has been on board doing his 14 day quarantine in a balcony stateroom.

On Oasis.  We saw the Captain unless it was his double on many events.

12 hours ago, Floater4life said:

Small risk given EVERYONE is tested and 99.7  percent are vaccinated and crew can't leave the ship and they are tested weekly. More risk driving to the local coffee shop. 

Crew only allowed off ship on their private island at Coco Cay, at least for the Sept. 5 sail on Oasis